• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Youth/Minor/Development Hockey

Puck Head

3 hours ago, Dunny said:

I dunno, they're going to learn the game, anyways. This isn't some elite hockey cyborg school. It's a pretty big ask. 5 years of garbage until they play a real game. I'm on year 3 with my youngest. It's painful. We'll lose kids to unsanctioned leagues because of it. Mine included, if warranted.

It's not a hill I'd die on. On one hand it shouldn't matter who wins at 8. Oh the other, it's insulting because they can all count by that time.  Who are they protecting? 

8 hours ago, CCCP said:

Its a liberal “progressive” bullshit where everyone’s a winner and everyone gets a prize. It breeded Millennials and now breeding Gen Z. 

Partly, but also an element of trying to be like others. When you're a hockey minnow like Canada, it's best to copy places like Finland, and maybe we'll win something, someday.

2 hours ago, Dunny said:

Partly, but also an element of trying to be like others. When you're a hockey minnow like Canada, it's best to copy places like Finland, and maybe we'll win something, someday.

Has Canada removed all contact yet? 

On 9/3/2022 at 10:11 PM, Pete said:

It's not a hill I'd die on. On one hand it shouldn't matter who wins at 8. Oh the other, it's insulting because they can all count by that time.  Who are they protecting? 

When I coached Mites every kid on the team would have a different score at the end of the game or in the locker room.

"We killed them 7-3!"

"uh-uh it was more like 9-2"

"No you are wrong! It was 11-1"

Real score 3-3.

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, MuddyInTheMiddle said:

When I coached Mites every kid on the team would have a different score at the end of the game or in the locker room.

"We killed them 7-3!"

"uh-uh it was more like 9-2"

"No you are wrong! It was 11-1"

Real score 3-3.

They have this rule in soccer, too, and I don't ask other kids but mine knows the score of the game, and who on his team scored how many goals 🤷‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...

I just drop my 13 yo off now, and peace out for a coffee.

6 year old dresses himself and just needs his skates done. 

One thing I've figured out is the early morning oractices are better than the late night ones, or even mid afternoon. Not even close.

• 3 weeks later...

Going to Cleveland for the weekend.

and our great managers decided to schedule the trip when there was a Browns home game and the Yankees visiting the Indians for a few playoff games. 

have a feeling half the team won’t make it for the first game because they let traveling Saturday morning. Amateurs. 

shitty weekend of hockey. Boys are a 9u AA team and ended up playing 10u AAA teams. Ouch! 

on top of that, my dog decided to adopt a dog at the rink during the last game. 
now we have a 4 month old yellow lab for the 5 hour trip home.

gunna need a new name. It’s “Cinderella” right now. 

fuck I’ve never taken more shit from other parents than today, lmao! 

28 minutes ago, josh said:

shitty weekend of hockey. Boys are a 9u AA team and ended up playing 10u AAA teams. Ouch! 

Fuck Cleveland. 

On 10/16/2022 at 2:33 PM, josh said:

Your dog adopted a dog?