• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Youth/Minor/Development Hockey

Puck Head

30 minutes ago, CCCP said:

mine plays for Marlboro/Holmdel Mustangs.  Don't think we play you this season.  

But we suck this year anyway.  Our best forward just went down with a fractured wrist.  

We’re ok this year but he just has fun with the high school team. It’s a nice break from the structured club format.

1 minute ago, Kevin said:

We’re ok this year but he just has fun with the high school team. It’s a nice break from the structured club format.

mine definitely has fun, probably even more fun than travel.  probably because girls come to watch them play..lol

Edited by CCCP
  • LOL 1

Just now, CCCP said:

mine definitely has fun, probably even more fun than travel.  probably because girl come to watch them play..lol

Exactly lol. My son threw a hit in our first home game with a packed house and the crowd went crazy. All of a sudden he’s running around like Ryan hollweg when his real game is more like derek stepan lol

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 2

45 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Exactly lol. My son threw a hit in our first home game with a packed house and the crowd went crazy. All of a sudden he’s running around like Ryan hollweg when his real game is more like derek stepan lol

If this was a GDT, this would win!!!  LOL

The Western Ontario Athletic Association has canceled the remainder of the season lol.

They've left the door open a crack for playoffs, but holy fuck what a catastrophe.

So, I'll rent ice and the skating treadmill, and hire private instruction with some buddies for our kids. We'll go out to the lake this weekend and skate. It'll be fun.

What this does is fucks poor kids. Half our organization is low income. They'll be fucked, and left behind. What a joke.

41 minutes ago, Dunny said:

The Western Ontario Athletic Association has canceled the remainder of the season lol.

They've left the door open a crack for playoffs, but holy fuck what a catastrophe.

So, I'll rent ice and the skating treadmill, and hire private instruction with some buddies for our kids. We'll go out to the lake this weekend and skate. It'll be fun.

What this does is fucks poor kids. Half our organization is low income. They'll be fucked, and left behind. What a joke.

That sucks.

All of the counties in our area went down to the 5 day quarantine, so I'm feeling a bit better about not missing half the season. Tourney coming up this weekend. Still a bit worried we'll get an isolation call. 

16 hours ago, josh said:

That sucks.

All of the counties in our area went down to the 5 day quarantine, so I'm feeling a bit better about not missing half the season. Tourney coming up this weekend. Still a bit worried we'll get an isolation call. 

Lie.

No more contact tracing in NY state or our county so we are good to go!

... oh wait he came home with a fever and has been laying on the couch all night. 

Fml 

He's going to be so pissed if he tests positive. The team had so much shit set up for this weekend.

On 1/14/2022 at 8:51 PM, Dunny said:

Brutal

Not sure if it’s my imagination but it seems like some more Canadian kids are sprinkling u16 rosters in the u.s. north Jersey avalanche added one recently too. Wonder if it’s a product of Canada’s handling of COVID or if it’s sort of normal at this age group.

Wouldn't surprise me after last years shit show, here, that some parents wouldn't take a chance and just pull the trigger. 

Kid down the street is 12 and already moved from home, and billeting.

My oldest kid was on a team last year that ranged from literal 1st year players, to AAA major Pee Wees. Doubt the AAA parents were going to chance wasting another year. Somehow they decided that was safer than normal. Given any chance the government will fuck shit up beyond belief.

We have a team of mites going to Ontario next year for 9u.

we start seeing kids come to the area in the 16 years old range. Usually kids that know they won’t be pros but can still get good opportunities from hockey.

i think one of 14u select teams have a few foreigners. 

20 hours ago, Kevin said:

Not sure if it’s my imagination but it seems like some more Canadian kids are sprinkling u16 rosters in the u.s. north Jersey avalanche added one recently too. Wonder if it’s a product of Canada’s handling of COVID or if it’s sort of normal at this age group.

really?  we're playing the Avs this weekend I think, i'll ask around

On 1/16/2022 at 5:27 PM, Dunny said:

Wouldn't surprise me after last years shit show, here, that some parents wouldn't take a chance and just pull the trigger. 

Kid down the street is 12 and already moved from home, and billeting.

My oldest kid was on a team last year that ranged from literal 1st year players, to AAA major Pee Wees. Doubt the AAA parents were going to chance wasting another year. Somehow they decided that was safer than normal. Given any chance the government will fuck shit up beyond belief.

God, that's young for that.  How can he possibly succeed?

He plays for Huron Perth Lakers AAA U13. I just checked, they're the #1 ranked team in Canada. LOL.

I guess that's the angle. 

Still fucking nuts.

His younger brother is U-11 and plays for Halton Hills, and my wife said they keep an apartment there lol.

What a life.