• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Soccer Talk Thread

Jules

Wasn't even Haaland. Ramsdale let in a soft goal in the first 10 minutes, we were scrambling from the get go, and we looked completely out of our depth. I didn't watch the second half, but Trossard and Nelson apparently had half-decent showings. I think we need to shake up the lineup a bit. Also reevaluate our shape with the personnel available.

5 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Wasn't even Haaland. Ramsdale let in a soft goal in the first 10 minutes, we were scrambling from the get go, and we looked completely out of our depth. I didn't watch the second half, but Trossard and Nelson apparently had half-decent showings. I think we need to shake up the lineup a bit. Also reevaluate our shape with the personnel available.

We desperately need Saliba back and Partey to get his head out of his ass. Holding is a fine enough backup or a good extra CB to go 5-3-2 to close a game out, but he can't be the answer, especially if Partey's going to fuck up at the rate he's fucking up.

23 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

So even though my daughter is due about a month before this game, my wife gave me permission to go. I don't have a ton of soccer fan friends, so if anyone wants to plan a meetup I am down!

I will be looking to go with my wife so we will keep in touch about it. 

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

Liverpool blow the 3-0 lead. To Richarlson's first premier league goal for Spurs. Jokes.

Happy with the result. I can’t stand Richarleson and his stupid smugness/ back tattoo of himself lol 

• Cheers 1

So when Rangers and Chelsea both suck it's nice to have my local team to watch. From relegation 4 years ago to now back-to-back top 4 finishes in the top division and ready for the Cup Final on May 20th.

Monday it was Derby day against our biggest rivals. It's the biggest rivalry in the country without a doubt, always sold out and the atmosphere is crazy.

The game itself was even more crazy. There was a popular Youtube Vlogger that was at the game. She's an English woman travelling around Europe to watch the biggest football rivalries in different countries. She's made a 10 minutes vlog that captures the atmosphere and game in a really good way. You can watch it here:

My team is Lillestrøm (Yellow). I was at the game and it was the best game I've ever been to. Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

On 5/3/2023 at 9:09 AM, Cash or Czech said:

Cheapest Man U v Arsenal tickets are $171, then another $45 in fees. I will not be attending lol. Fuck Ticketmaster.

Damn. I think I, going but I’m going to spend a good chunk of money and sit close to United’s bench. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've finally come to terms with the season. It really fucking sucks we couldn't keep it together at the end. Saliba's injury showed our lack of squad depth, and we lost form heading into some critical games. 2 points from Southampton, the bottle job against Everton after the World Cup, and that draw to West Ham really put us in the shitter. Man City roared back and haven't lost a game since February. Incredible form that no team on earth could keep pace with. Just goes to show you how difficult it truly is to win the Premier League when Man City exists.

I'm proud of the effort over the course of the season, and the performance of Saka along with the development and goalscoring abilities of Martinelli, Odegaard, and even Xhaka came through.

Big summer ahead of us. Looks like we may actually lose Xhaka to Germany, while Rice and Caiceido are high on the list of priorities. Adding them to a midfield of Odegaard, Partey, Jorginho, and Vieira makes us look even better. I still think we need a better backup striker than Nketiah, and I can't see us keeping Balogun (hope we sell high). Obviously a RCB to upgrade over Holding is important as well. Mavropanos might've actually been a good fit had we not moved on from him.

Really excited to finally play in the Champions League again. It's been so long.

Edited by Cash or Czech

For the first time in 11 years there's a chance a different team migth win Bundesliga, BVB 2 points ahead, Bayern in a fight with itself over the way the club should be run, their veteran players sabotaging the coach just like in the good old days.

Consequently BVB went down 0-2 against Mainz at home almost immediately and while they still tied in the end, Bayern won  on a late goal and wins the league on goals differential tie-breaker, 11th time in a row.

Guess after a decade of dominance no one else knows how to win anymore.

Even Bayern players were like "yeah, we didn't deserve this" to the press. lol

Bayern also sacked it's sporting director and CEO after the game.

On 5/27/2023 at 8:07 PM, H-Dreamer said:

For the first time in 11 years there's a chance a different team migth win Bundesliga, BVB 2 points ahead, Bayern in a fight with itself over the way the club should be run, their veteran players sabotaging the coach just like in the good old days.

Consequently BVB went down 0-2 against Mainz at home almost immediately and while they still tied in the end, Bayern won  on a late goal and wins the league on goals differential tie-breaker, 11th time in a row.

Guess after a decade of dominance no one else knows how to win anymore.

Even Bayern players were like "yeah, we didn't deserve this" to the press. lol

Bayern also sacked it's sporting director and CEO after the game.

Borrusia blew it. 

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

Borrusia blew it. 

Sure did.

Next day was even sillier in 2nd Division.

HSV won 1-0, but needed help to get promoted directly, so 2nd place Heidenheim was trailing 1-2 till 90th minute, which would have meant HSV getting 2nd place and going up, Heidenheim tieing would still have been enough.

So consequently Heidenheim got a PK in the 92nd and then another 10 minutes to score that third goal they needed and moved up to 1st.

Some idiot in Sandhausen where HSV was playing gratulated HSV on getting promoted too, so all the fans there tought it was already over and they'd go up. Shades of 2001.

Knew better than to hope for anything, nothing good ever happens to this club.

They could still make it in the Relegation games against VfB Stuttgart, but 2nd Division teams almost never win those.

Edited by H-Dreamer
  • Like 1