• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Soccer Talk Thread

Jules

1 hour ago, LindG1000 said:

This is absurd already. Getting the Saudis to commit a billion Euros to Mbappe, including a 66% profit on Mbappe for PSG? 

This is insane. Where's the FFP?

FFP is for UEFA, and Saudi Arabia is not a member nation/league of that organization. Is this LIV golf on a grander scale? Just buy all the talent to create a new, separate, fun league? I'll personally never watch Saudi soccer.

Edited by Cash or Czech

1 minute ago, Cash or Czech said:

FFP is for UEFA, and Saudi Arabia is not a member nation/league of that organization. Is this LIV golf on a grander scale? Just buy all the talent to create a new, separate, fun league? I'll personally never watch Saudi soccer.

Sure, but PSG is most definitely in UEFA. 

Madness to see a government entity take the money from gouging the world on pandemic oil prices and spend it on sportswashing. 

1 minute ago, LindG1000 said:

Sure, but PSG is most definitely in UEFA. 

Madness to see a government entity take the money from gouging the world on pandemic oil prices and spend it on sportswashing. 

Why would FFP stop a team from accepting a sale?

No, I'm not surprised the Qataris taking the Saudi's oil money for Mbappe. Not in the least. I wish he would just refuse to move, run down his contract, and sign for Real Madrid next season. Love the chaos factor. 

PSG or Al Hilal, same shit. No ones watching Uber Eats league anyway. Go and get the bag and go to Real Madrid next summer.

I know the popular thing is to hate on Saudi (together with all the other Muslim/eastern countries), but I don't really have a problem with this. The English league has been vacuuming up all the talent the last few years and we've had teams from China, Russia and the US try to buy their league to relevancy. I don't see the difference here. The Saudi league is actually looking quite interesting for next season. It's not just one or two teams buying, but a lot of different teams. I think the league will be really competitive in a few years, and I will watch if that's where the talent is.

Crossover Grid FC #4
 ⚽️ @CrossoverGridFC 9 / 9:

🟩 🟩 🟩
🟩 🟩 🟩
🟩 🟩 🟩

This was the easiest one so far for me.

Spoiler

Figo / C. Ronaldo / Achraf Hakimi

Yaya Toure / Tevez / Edin Dzeko

Zlatan / Beckham / Calhanoglu

City/United was the hardest one. Took me a few minutes to remember Tevez. Figo was the first one I wrote down lol.

I rage-quitted the last one after I pressed on the wrong "Luis Suarez" lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

Fabinho signs for Ittihad, following Mahrez, Saint-Maximin, Henderson, Alex Telles and more to Saudi Arabia.

Dolla dolla bills y'all

I can’t really blame them. It’s beyond life changing money. 

All this Saudi nonsense makes me love my local team even more. The passion and love the players, fans and coaches have for the club is what football is really about.

Our striker (Akor Adams) and the division's top scorer will be sold to a French top division team later this month. He came to the club only 18 months ago, but both him and the fans fell in love right away. This was him during our last game this weekend:

You can listen to his farewell message around 15:15. It's in English.

25 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

When he stepped up for it I rolled my eyes and said "this shit is scripted", not gonna lie LOL

lol that was the first thing I said to myself when I read he scored a winner in overtime.

But everyone that's ever kicked a ball knows that you can't script or rig something like that. Even if it was and all the players and refs were in on it, Messi still would've needed to strike that ball perfectly.

3 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

lol that was the first thing I said to myself when I read he scored a winner in overtime.

But everyone that's ever kicked a ball knows that you can't script or rig something like that. Even if it was and all the players and refs were in on it, Messi still would've needed to strike that ball perfectly.

For sure. I watched live and the free kick was masterful. I watched his second game as well and he's just too good for this league, even on the worst team in the league. That team is going to have a massive turnaround, it's not even fair.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2023 at 11:52 AM, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

PSG or Al Hilal, same shit. No ones watching Uber Eats league anyway. Go and get the bag and go to Real Madrid next summer.

I know the popular thing is to hate on Saudi (together with all the other Muslim/eastern countries), but I don't really have a problem with this. The English league has been vacuuming up all the talent the last few years and we've had teams from China, Russia and the US try to buy their league to relevancy. I don't see the difference here. The Saudi league is actually looking quite interesting for next season. It's not just one or two teams buying, but a lot of different teams. I think the league will be really competitive in a few years, and I will watch if that's where the talent is.

I don't know about England or Norway, but over here we already hated Saudis when they started pouring their money into English clubs to do this shit indirectly.

The "haves" buying the stars doesn't really matter that much, but it continues to inflate and ruin the market on everyone else too.