• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Soccer Talk Thread

Jules

• 3 weeks later...

My biggest worry continues to be depth. With Timber out an extended period of time, another injury could be debilitating to our hopes of a deep Champions League run and another title push in the Prem. We have three CBs (Gabriel, Saliba, Kiwior) and four full backs (Zinchenko, White, Tomiyasu, and Cedric). Same with the midfield and up top. Need to pray for health even with the increased fixture count. 

• Believe 1

• 2 weeks later...

So FIFA announced today that Spain, Portugal and Morocco will share-host the 2030 World Cup, but also there will be a game each in Uruguay, Argentina and Paraguay to celebrate 100 years of World Cups (the first one was in Uruguay).

https://www.fifa.com/about-fifa/organisation/fifa-council/media-releases/fifa-council-takes-key-decisions-on-fifa-world-cup-tm-editions-in-2030-and-2034

getting sillier every time.

On 10/4/2023 at 7:17 PM, H-Dreamer said:

So FIFA announced today that Spain, Portugal and Morocco will share-host the 2030 World Cup, but also there will be a game each in Uruguay, Argentina and Paraguay to celebrate 100 years of World Cups (the first one was in Uruguay).

https://www.fifa.com/about-fifa/organisation/fifa-council/media-releases/fifa-council-takes-key-decisions-on-fifa-world-cup-tm-editions-in-2030-and-2034

getting sillier every time.

Wtf is this bullshit? A world cup in 3 different continents? Makes no sense

1 hour ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Wtf is this bullshit? A world cup in 3 different continents? Makes no sense

I mean, Morocco is close enough to Spain and Portugal that distance doesn't really matter, but these Events used to be about showing off a country.

16 minutes ago, H-Dreamer said:

I mean, Morocco is close enough to Spain and Portugal that distance doesn't really matter, but these Events used to be about showing off a country.

I have no problem with Spain, Portugal and Morocco, but why play 3 games in south America? Will be a huge disadvantage for the teams that have to travel half the planet in the middle of the tournament.

5 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I have no problem with Spain, Portugal and Morocco, but why play 3 games in south America? Will be a huge disadvantage for the teams that have to travel half the planet in the middle of the tournament.

Because they wanna have their cake and eat it too, if they wanted to celebrate the first ever World Cup by having games in South America, they should have held the whole thing there. Of course there's probably no country in SA outside Brazil that can pay for all the shiny new stadiums and infrastructure needed for a modern WC. (and Brazil really should have used that money elsewhere too)

On 10/9/2023 at 8:47 AM, Cash or Czech said:

No Saka, Martinelli on the bench, and we beat Man City for the first time in 8 years. Fucking massive

How Kovacic wasnt sent off in that game is an absolute disgrace. 

Michael Oliver needs to explain why a week before the game he is reffing games in the UAE and then comes back and gives City an absolutely unexplainable break. Direct Deposit from the Sheik must have hit in time for the game 

12 hours ago, Cash or Czech said:

@Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc what’s Cole Palmer’s future role with Chelsea? Thinking of adding him on FPL

Atleast for now he’s definitely a starter.

We usually play 4231 with a midfield of Caicedo, Enzo and Gallagher. The last couple of games Gallagher has been the #10 while Enzo and Caicedo lay a bit deeper. Palmer plays as an inverted-winger on the right side, kind of the same role he used to play for City.

I don’t really know how it will look when/if we have a fully fit squad. Lavia will be fighting for a spot in the midfield, the same will Chukwumeka, who had a great start to the season before the injury at West Ham and we also have Nkunku who will take one of the 3 spots behind the striker (or maybe he’ll play as the striker). Madueke will be fighting for the right wing spot as well.

I think Palmer is our most creative offensive midfielder/winger. He sees passes others don’t and his passing is amazing. It’s easy to see that he’s been a City player.

Personally I would like to see Palmer as the #10 because he got all the attributes needed to succeed there. He works on the wing as well, but he lacks a bit of pace so he’s not as dynamic when he’s out wide as he is roaming behind the striker. The only problem with this is that Gallagher has been really good so far this season and Poch seems to trust him more than any one else at the moment, so I’m struggling to see him bench Gallagher.

I think long-term Palmer will be a #10 but for now he’ll mainly play on the right. I think the team against Arsenal will be this:

Jackson

Sterling Gallagher Palmer

Enzo Caicedo

Colwill Silva Disasi James

Sanchez

Against weaker sides I could see him drop one of Enzo/Gallagher/Caicedo, put Palmer as the #10 and use another winger to be more offensive, but the lineup posted above will probably be our most used in the next 7-8 games.

I do think Palmer’s a good choice for FPL, but our program the next 7-8 games are tough as hell, so it could get ugly.

• Thanks 1

On 10/6/2023 at 6:17 PM, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

Turns out there's another factor in why three continental federations are involved in 2030, because now the only Federation left to host in 2034 is the Asian one and a certain Arab country has been pumping money into FIFA and African voter-nations.