Jump to content
  • Join us — it's free!

    We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Soccer Talk Thread


Jules
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a cool signing. Played in Norway this year so I've seen a lot of him. One of the most talented players I've ever seen in the norwegian Tippeliga. Was just a matter of time before someone bought him, but I didn't think he would this big of a leap.

 

15 goals, 5 assist in 24 games as an 19 y old helping Molde to 1st place, finishing above Bodø Glimt for the first time in three years. Also had 4g, 1a in 10 games in UEL qualifiers + Conference league group stage. He's also had his national debut for Ivory Coast.

 

One of his goals from the UEL qualifier:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

This is a cool signing. Played in Norway this year so I've seen a lot of him. One of the most talented players I've ever seen in the norwegian Tippeliga. Was just a matter of time before someone bought him, but I didn't think he would this big of a leap.

 

15 goals, 5 assist in 24 games as an 19 y old helping Molde to 1st place, finishing above Bodø Glimt for the first time in three years. Also had 4g, 1a in 10 games in UEL qualifiers + Conference league group stage. He's also had his national debut for Ivory Coast.

 

One of his goals from the UEL qualifier:

 

did you see him slapping the guy's ass?  lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

 

Things like this are why I actually don't mind World Cup expansion.

 

Haaland is among the world's best goalscorers. He's must-see TV. How exactly do you justify keeping him out of the World Cup because of his nationality? 

You can expand as much as you want, our national team will find a way to choke anyway lol.

 

A 48 teams world cup is probably our only chance to get to one, so I'm all for it. And if this world cup taught us anything, it's that the World Cup is filled with upsets, so more "bad" teams isn't necessarily going to hurt the overall level of play.

 

But before that we have a European championship we need to qualify for first. Last time was in 2000. Our group is Spain, Scotland, Georgia and Cyprus. Georgia and Cyprus should be a walk in the park, so it's between us and Scotland for the last spot. We SHOULD have a better team than them, but we love a good choke.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/24/2022 at 5:45 PM, Cash or Czech said:

Between him, Koulibaly, and Fofana they should be set for a while if they keep 3ATB. Will Azpi move to the bench or a wingback role?

God knows what Potter's plan is. Azpi is probably gone after the season and won't play too much this season. With James back from injury the RWB spot is his and I hope we don't see too much of Azpi in a back 3.

 

Fofana is always injured and Koulibaly has been shaky in the PL. Silva is still our best CB, but he's soon 40. I actually like Chalobah tho. Not flashy, but he's a solid CB. Good pace, good in the air, good tackler and a decent passer. His defensive awareness and positioning is also very good, especially compared to Koulibaly or Malang Sarr.

 

We spent 200m+ on defenders in the summer and we're still looking to strengthen the defense. That says a lot lol.

 

Hopefully they don't focus too much on this season and just accepts that we're not gonna win anything or get top 4 this season, and that they start planning for next season. We're currently 9th with 8 points up to 4th place. Spurs, United, Liverpool all look much stronger than us. In the two domestic cups we drew Manchester City away in the first round in both. Lucky us 🙃

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Keirik said:

Ronal$o proves that he’s full of shit and is just all about himself and the money. Enjoy Saudi Arabian football lol

 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12777056/cristiano-ronaldo-former-manchester-united-forward-signs-for-saudi-arabian-club-al-nassr

350M pounds?  Hell yeah he’s about the money. You cant walk away from that kind of cash   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CCCP said:

350M pounds?  Hell yeah he’s about the money. You cant walk away from that kind of cash   

Sure you can. He’s made thrice of that already and he made this giant stink how he wanted to leave United to play Champions League. He even went as far as to say in an interview how other teams wanted him and United held him back which is utter nonsense. In 2020 he was the first athlete to surpass 1 billion in career earnings. He doesn’t need the money. He’s just always been about it. Not a problem as long as you are honest about it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Cash or Czech said:

 

What even is financial fair play? LOL

That's just a loan tho, so it's "only" 10m.

 

But yeah, I have no idea how we're allowed to spend so much. I've read that signing players that are U23 can be written off as "Talent development" or something like that. I dunno, FFP is just some bullshit to make it look like they care about financial differences without really caring.

  • Bullseye 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

That's just a loan tho, so it's "only" 10m.

 

But yeah, I have no idea how we're allowed to spend so much. I've read that signing players that are U23 can be written off as "Talent development" or something like that. I dunno, FFP is just some bullshit to make it look like they care about financial differences without really caring.

 

That's 100% accurate LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...