• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Game of Thrones (TV Show Discussion Only) *DO NOT POST SPOILERS*

Phil

Night's watch wear black. Wildlings wear skins. I didn't find it that difficult to follow, though I did read the books, so maybe it's simply a matter of knowing what was already going to happen?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An hour long battle scene against impossible odds' date=' that the Night's Watch somehow wins, inexplicably, where it's dark the whole time and you can't really tell who's on which side? It was like watching the Transformer movies. Lots of loud noises, but the fight is to confusing to follow.[/quote']

This. Not thrilled with the episode. If you are going to break with the typical jump around narrative, it has to be epic. Instead, as you pointed out, we had a lot of noise back dropping poorly lit and chaotic visuals.

They had opportunities, too. Fighting the giant in the tunnel for instance. But instead they went before and after on it.

The stuff they did well, the giant arrow skewering the Crow and sending him flying from the wall, the anchored chain getting the wildlings that were climbing the wall, Sam letting out Ghost and the barrels of burning oil were all over too quickly.

There were a few good moments, but no where near enough to hold a second to last episode. Had it been a standard transition episode setting up a number of story lines across Westeros, that would have been one thing. But it wasn't.

This. Not thrilled with the episode. If you are going to break with the typical jump around narrative, it has to be epic. Instead, as you pointed out, we had a lot of noise back dropping poorly lit and chaotic visuals.

They had opportunities, too. Fighting the giant in the tunnel for instance. But instead they went before and after on it.

The stuff they did well, the giant arrow skewering the Crow and sending him flying from the wall, the anchored chain getting the wildlings that were climbing the wall, Sam letting out Ghost and the barrels of burning oil were all over too quickly.

There were a few good moments, but no where near enough to hold a second to last episode. Had it been a standard transition episode setting up a number of story lines across Westeros, that would have been one thing. But it wasn't.

This, too. I thought there were 2 more after this, not just the finale. I'm quickly falling into "not caring" at all with this show. It's too long between seasons, it's become stale this season, it's just lost it's "wow" factor, IMO.

This, too. I thought there were 2 more after this, not just the finale. I'm quickly falling into "not caring" at all with this show. It's too long between seasons, it's become stale this season, it's just lost it's "wow" factor, IMO.

I think it's set the bar pretty high, perhaps too high for itself.

This' date=' too. I thought there were 2 more after this, not just the finale. I'm quickly falling into "not caring" at all with this show. It's too long between seasons, it's become stale this season, it's just lost it's "wow" factor, IMO.[/quote']

I thought last episode was pretty good ending with that fight scene. It's been up and down this season. That's partly because of the way the stories unfolded though. The weddings coming where they did makes last season end and this season start so strongly.

How do you top that?

I thought last episode was pretty good ending with that fight scene. It's been up and down this season. That's partly because of the way the stories unfolded though. The weddings coming where they did makes last season end and this season start so strongly.

How do you top that?

The only thing I can say is keep watching and you'll find out.

The only thing I can say is keep watching and you'll find out.

Yes, I know. And I will. I just think by doing the Castle Black iso, they needed it to be epic. I thought they handled the Battle of the Blackwater much better. With all that I think will be in the Finale, I hope they don't have to rush things now.

i thought it was a pretty good episode. my only take on it was if this was just manse testing the walls defenses, why did he send his top end guys in, who got slaughtered or captured?

if there is another battle to follow next week it would be a bunch of random guys you've never seen before.

i really really hope the tyrion thing is wrapped up sunday. i'd really be pissed if they cliffhanger that storyline another 9 months. cliffhand something else please.

i thought it was a pretty good episode. my only take on it was if this was just manse testing the walls defenses, why did he send his top end guys in, who got slaughtered or captured?

if there is another battle to follow next week it would be a bunch of random guys you've never seen before.

i really really hope the tyrion thing is wrapped up sunday. i'd really be pissed if they cliffhanger that storyline another 9 months. cliffhand something else please.

That is something most fans want to see wrapped up. I believe they have tons of stuff that needs to be wrapped up next week. It's going to be a jam-packed episode

That is something most fans want to see wrapped up. I believe they have tons of stuff that needs to be wrapped up next week. It's going to be a jam-packed episode

This is why I didn't like last night's episode. It would have made for a compelling 20 minutes of an episode, but dragged out over an hour it seemed to both lose punch and also take away screen time for other issues that need to be resolved. I get that next week will probably be a 1 hour 10 minutes or so, but it's still a lot to resolve on top of setting up stuff for next season.

I actually really enjoyed last night's episode. I thought it was authentic to warfare, which is what GRRM has always tried to do with the ASOIAF story. It was messy, it was long, it was hard to follow at times, but you were in the middle of the battle.

Agreed!

Agreed. The last 10 minutes blew my mind. Anyone think that Varys was going back to the landing but changed his mind and went aboard?

Mid show I was pretty dismayed by the Cersei story line and Dany, chaining up the dragons.

Funny how fast Stannis got to the wall too. Especially given how slow Dany's trek is through the world. Maybe they have a high speed train in westeros they never told us about.

They really made the Hound look like a bitch on his way out. I thought he would have given her a bit more grudging respect.

Agreed. The last 10 minutes blew my mind. Anyone think that Varys was going back to the landing but changed his mind and went aboard?

Mid show I was pretty dismayed by the Cersei story line and Dany, chaining up the dragons.

Funny how fast Stannis got to the wall too. Especially given how slow Dany's trek is through the world. Maybe they have a high speed train in westeros they never told us about.

They really made the Hound look like a bitch on his way out. I thought he would have given her a bit more grudging respect.

He really didn't get to the wall THAT quickly. You also have to realize, he was in Braavos. Sailing from Braavos to the Wall isn't that long of a trip because Braavos is the closest point on Essos to Westeros.