• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Game of Thrones (TV Show Discussion Only) *DO NOT POST SPOILERS*

Phil

The whodunnit shouldn't be that hard, I think. There are but a few options, but I'm pretty sure Cersei pointed out the wrong one. ;)

It was yet another glorious episode. Not just because of what happened, but because so much was going on. I saw some people complaining Tyrion was mean to Shae, but I can't be alone in thinking he was solely mean for her own good, because without it she would've never left him? He had to hurt her feelings and scare her off for her own good.

An interesting point was made in WaPo's great weekly recap of the episode: why did Joffrey claim he took Ned Stark's head when he didn't?

All in all, I'm going to miss hating him, but boy, did he have it coming.

Technically it was Ser Ilyn Payne who took his head, but it was at Joffrey's command.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does this mean? I'm assuming you're posting on a phone or tablet

Only "his" was missing, it wasn't "his kill." He says the sword and the name will feel like killing Ned Stark every time he kills, but he didn't kill Ned Stark and would only have the memory of ordering Sir Payne to do it and that's not quite the same. I guess it could just be playing off Joffrey's continuous faking of hardship in battle, but it was an odd moment.

Yeah, so how would Joffrey know that every kill would feel like Ned Stark's, when that wasn't kill? An odd quote.

Because he gave the command, and he's a coward who takes credit for things he really didn't do, like "winning the war", and "protecting the city" when he ran off to hide behind mommy's skirt, leaving Tyrion to do his dirty work.

Some reactions from Youtube, not as good as the Red Wedding ones, but some are rather hilarious.

Here's to Joffrey of the House Baratheon, first of his name, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm-

May he rot in whatever hell he's in.

But we will never hate a GoT character like him and it still will leave a hole I suppose.

Now that he's finally dead, gotta stop for a second and give props to the actual actor that played him. He made the whole world hate him with a burning passion, and that takes skill. Even though I hate his face, mainly due to this role, I hope he goes on to have a successful career because he's very talented.

Yup, Jack Gleeson.

He's quitting acting, though.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/king-joffrey-jack-gleeson-retires-from-acting-after-game-of-thrones-season-4-9258777.html

Which is not totally true I believe.

I remember seeing a Q&A with him at an irish University on Youtube, were he heavily promoted a small theater production he and some friends were doing.

So on small scale he might continue acting.

Overall he said the same as stated in the article, he felt that acting for a living was taking the fun of it.

Could still see him coming back in a few years, after he realised that most careers aren't that fun, if you have to do them for a living.

Which is not totally true I believe.

I remember seeing a Q&A with him at an irish University on Youtube, were he heavily promoted a small theater production he and some friends were doing.

So on small scale he might continue acting.

Overall he said the same as stated in the article, he felt that acting for a living was taking the fun of it.

Could still see him coming back in a few years, after he realised that most careers aren't that fun, if you have to do them for a living.

Yeah, same. Theater acting is a little different, as well — it certainly doesn't carry the same "weight" in the celebrity sense.

Yeah, same. Theater acting is a little different, as well — it certainly doesn't carry the same "weight" in the celebrity sense.

I remember when I watched Batman Begins again a year or so ago, I yelled, "NO, KILL HIM BATMAN!" when I noticed his quick scene. He made me hate his fucking face in such a beautiful way from an acting standpoint.

Depends, I think they have succession laws that allow women to inherit, if no male heirs are alive.

I thought I remembered reading that it just goes to the next male in line even if it is not a direct descendant. Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

I thought I remembered reading that it just goes to the next male in line even if it is not a direct descendant. Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

Nah, you could still be right.

I can't further explain my theory without spoiler though. ;)

So I won't.

Edit:

On a side note, I to my surprise learned yesterday that Peter Dinklage is in Hamburg right now. He's shooting his new movie "Taxi". (Based on a novel by a german author of books for woman. :D) Too bad that I can't find put where they are shooting.

I just clicked on an innocent Buzzfeed article about "see the GoT actors out of character and being normal" and ended up with a picture that, not until I had scrolled along, clicked as being a massive spoiler, because those two actors have not had a scene together yet and they were both in their full attire for the show.

LOL. Fuck.

I just clicked on an innocent Buzzfeed article about "see the GoT actors out of character and being normal" and ended up with a picture that, not until I had scrolled along, clicked as being a massive spoiler, because those two actors have not had a scene together yet and they were both in their full attire for the show.

LOL. Fuck.

I try and stay away from anything GOT related unless it's here lol

http://37.media.tumblr.com/5dda3c38ffdc79117de85b429afd3e0a/tumblr_n47710z8zC1rwljrpo1_500.gif

Look at Jaimes hands.

You don't see it?

Look again:

http://37.media.tumblr.com/81c47d15c0883647f19c1c76e9c79810/tumblr_n47710z8zC1rwljrpo3_500.gif

:rofl: