• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Game of Thrones (TV Show Discussion Only) *DO NOT POST SPOILERS*

Phil

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got invited to watch it at a bar and turned it down. With shows like this, where details are so important, I have no desire to be in a public setting. I barely want to watch with my wife.

Same. I watched it with my friends last season and I've decided against this season. I have an excuse, but they would just ask too many damn questions since I read the books.

Same. I watched it with my friends last season and I've decided against this season. I have an excuse, but they would just ask too many damn questions since I read the books.

That's why I don't really like watching with my wife. She sorta pays attention, but also sorta doesn't, and when she's staring at her phone or iPad or something looking at something stupid and misses details, she looks up and always wants me to explain what just happened while I'm paying attention to the next thing.

Super annoying. I always just pause it, explain and then tell her "put your fucking phone down".

Yea. Even I had to look up who it was that was sent to the Wall again. They didn't really do a good enough job at making that stick.

I had to do the same. Been too long. I was like, "oh, what's this guys name again? I forget..."

Had to do a quick Google search once the episode was over.

That's why I don't really like watching with my wife. She sorta pays attention, but also sorta doesn't, and when she's staring at her phone or iPad or something looking at something stupid and misses details, she looks up and always wants me to explain what just happened while I'm paying attention to the next thing.

Super annoying. I always just pause it, explain and then tell her "put your fucking phone down".

I'm not big on watching episodes twice if I don't have to. I watch too many shows to have that kind of time. That's another factor in not watching with friends. As long as I'm not distracted, I typically pick up on everything.

I'm not big on watching episodes twice if I don't have to. I watch too many shows to have that kind of time. That's another factor in not watching with friends. As long as I'm not distracted, I typically pick up on everything.

I don't normally watch twice either. I just get annoyed in having to actually pause it to explain something to someone who obviously doesn't care that much about what she missed.

This is why when people ask me if I watch every show with my wife, I say no, and when they ask why we have two cable boxes, I say because when it comes to specific shows, sometimes I need to watch on my own. Those nights, she's banished to the bedroom with her cats.

I don't normally watch twice either. I just get annoyed in having to actually pause it to explain something to someone who obviously doesn't care that much about what she missed.

This is why when people ask me if I watch every show with my wife, I say no, and when they ask why we have two cable boxes, I say because when it comes to specific shows, sometimes I need to watch on my own. Those nights, she's banished to the bedroom with her cats.

My brother, parents and I watch Boardwalk, Walking Dead and soon 24. We all watch in separate rooms. It's just necessary.

It was a fantastic episode that absolutely sucked me back into the show like no other E01 to a series ever has. I was immediately enamored by Oberyn, I was moved as much by the Red Wedding as I was by Sansa's pain, Arya's murder in the inn was awesome beyond words, I loved the Lannisters falling apart among their own ranks.

My only peeve would be zero explanation, not even something minor, as to Daario's odd change in appearance. If you are a fairly casual viewer, who doesn't care about the casting, you'd have no clue - given how little Daario was named in season three - that the bearded man flirting with Daenarys and the long-haired smooth talker from last season are the same character and the bearded man is his appearance moving forward.

Very well casted though, Michiel Huisman is a fantastic actor and the subtle Dutch accent should work well for people who don't pick up on it being anything "a little different" from the British and American English of the other lead roles. It works with Melisandre and her Dutch tone too.

'Game of Thrones' renewed for TWO more seasons

HBO has renewed its hit fantasy drama Game of Thrones for a fifth and sixth season.

The renewal comes on the heels of a record-breaking fourth season premiere April 6, with the series garnering 6.6 million viewers. That made the premiere episode HBO?s most-watched program since The Sopranos? series finale in 2007. Two replays of the Thrones episode drove the show?s full-night tally up to 8.2 million viewers.

Like it wouldn't have :rolleyes:

It was a fantastic episode that absolutely sucked me back into the show like no other E01 to a series ever has. I was immediately enamored by Oberyn, I was moved as much by the Red Wedding as I was by Sansa's pain, Arya's murder in the inn was awesome beyond words, I loved the Lannisters falling apart among their own ranks.

My only peeve would be zero explanation, not even something minor, as to Daario's odd change in appearance. If you are a fairly casual viewer, who doesn't care about the casting, you'd have no clue - given how little Daario was named in season three - that the bearded man flirting with Daenarys and the long-haired smooth talker from last season are the same character and the bearded man is his appearance moving forward.

Very well casted though, Michiel Huisman is a fantastic actor and the subtle Dutch accent should work well for people who don't pick up on it being anything "a little different" from the British and American English of the other lead roles. It works with Melisandre and her Dutch tone too.

For anyone who watched Treme, this is a terrible casting change. I think in general it's pretty bad. Completely different personalities. The blonde haired guy was a man maybe worthy of the love of the Mother of Dragons. Huisman is like a silly boy in comparison.

im on my third rewind of that scene.

your a bit of a talker....

classic. brought me back to the clint eastwood spaghetti western where he goes on the rant about the bandido's laughing at his mule.

Great reference.

"See my mule don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea people are laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it."

For anyone who watched Treme, this is a terrible casting change. I think in general it's pretty bad. Completely different personalities. The blonde haired guy was a man maybe worthy of the love of the Mother of Dragons. Huisman is like a silly boy in comparison.

I wasn't a big fan of it either. The guy just more or less comes off as a "meh" character, he doesn't have a very striking personality like Treme did.

I seriously didn't notice lol, just thought that he looked somewhat different.

Pretty sure Daario was recast because the original actor (Ed Skrein?) was cast as the lead in a reboot of The Transporter (why anyone would reboot that is baffling. Hollywood is getting ridiculous)

Anyways, loved this episode and the one-liners. "I fucking hate Thenns" was great. I hope they make Tormund more likeable, he's one of the best Wilding characters and last season didn't really do him justice, not to mention theres no Har! Har! Har!

Not sure if this was posted yet.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/04/08/game-of-thrones-renewed-for-two-more-seasons/?hpt=hp_t3

'Game of Thrones' renewed for TWO more seasons

HBO has renewed its hit fantasy drama Game of Thrones for a fifth and sixth season.

The renewal comes on the heels of a record-breaking fourth season premiere April 6, with the series garnering 6.6 million viewers. That made the premiere episode HBO’s most-watched program since The Sopranos’ series finale in 2007. Two replays of the Thrones episode propelled the full-night tally up to 8.2 million viewers.