• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Game of Thrones (TV Show Discussion Only) *DO NOT POST SPOILERS*

Phil

What case? Sansa is 14, so Robb is older that in thought, still not by much and Jon fucking Snow makes tons of stupid mistakes himself.

He's as much the son of Ned Stark, as is Robb. Maybe with a small bit more realism, due to being a Bastard.

Or what are you trying to imply? btw there still is the group where you can say more.

Even people who haven't read the books should know that Jon is the main character by now. Also: Arya is easily the most awesome and badass Stark and she's like 10.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys - This is the last warning in this thread. Stop discussing anything at all book related unless it pertains to past events.

Period.

There is a group for book discussion. I suggest you find it and use it.

The staff has asked this politley, more than 1 time.

Thanks.

We had two threads, but the problem is that all mobile views of the forum do not respect the spoiler tag, and browsing the forum via ForumRunner or Tapatalk means you also get preview text, which can spoil things unintentionally for someone who just glances by it.

Well mobile apps don't support groups entirely

Which is also part of the problem. Believe me, I've been scouring other forums and blogs trying to find a happy medium. This is a really odd little issue, because all the spoiler tag-type solutions don't get respected in Tapatalk/FR, and groups aren't available to them either.

No one wants to be this strict about it.

Unfortunately Tapatalk has a bug. Not much we can do right now if people don't want to go into the groups. That's their choice.

But unfortunately this is the type of show where the slightest hint or foreshadowing can ruin the watching experience for people. It's not fair to people who want to have a discussion about things that only happen on the show. Even saying something like "Wait until next episode" is just uncalled for, IMO. Drawing parallels from the book to the show even give things away.

I want to watch each episode with a blank slate, no preconceived notions. I don't think that's a lot to ask LOL.

Really....is it so hard to discuss the tv series without spoilers if you have read the books? I don't find it difficult at all, simply just discuss the tv show and what happens on it and NOTHING else...it's very easy in fact and I don't see what the problem is at all. I guess it must be people who are so friggin proud over having read the books that they can't help but tell the world everything?? geez...big deal, grow up.

At this point we're not talking about "OMG xxx is going to die"-style spoilers, but small ones that may slip the attention of the person posting it.

"Suggestions" like Peetie called them a few pages back.

People will continue to compare events in the Show with how they were done in the books, that will happen on the fly shortly after watching and I have seen nearly everyone of us book readers doing this. Propably the most dangerous type of posting.

Like I said — I'm working diligently on trying to find an option that will actually work to allow spoiler-friendly discussion to happen in a dedicated thread that will allow fans who have not, have not yet, or will not read the books to continue discussing the show in the spoiler-free thread.

At this point we're not talking about "OMG xxx is going to die"-style spoilers, but small ones that may slip the attention of the person posting it.

"Suggestions" like Peetie called them a few pages back.

People will continue to compare events in the Show with how they were done in the books, that will happen on the fly shortly after watching and I have seen nearly everyone of us book readers doing this. Propably the most dangerous type of posting.

It's very easy to not do this, you simply comment only on what happened in the show. You can do all the comparison to the book you like in your head but how hard is it to remember not to do it on here? I have read the books more than oncer and have no problem with this and i'm not a genius. JUST COMMENT ON WHAT HAPPENED IN THE SHOW ONLY. Simple rules. Can't believe this is a problem for anyone. Just pretend the book doesn't exist.

Such and underwhelming finale.

Felt the same. Considering the weight of the previous episode, this one just felt so incredibly weak. Then again, I had the same feeling with Season 1 over the final two episodes.