• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Game of Thrones (TV Show Discussion Only) *DO NOT POST SPOILERS*

Phil

I am not implying I've read them, I am outright saying it and have been saying it since before season 1. lol

But you're relatively new here so it's okay not to know. :D

I don't think they suck and they aren't retarded either.

Robb was just 14 in the books, of course he wasn't a "war hardened bastard", there wasn't a war for him to fight. He also gets thrown into leading the rebellion of the North, he doesn't have a choice in that and I still think he handled himself rather well for a while, but of course he had the faults of his father. Trusting the wrong people (Roose Bolton, Theon Greyjoy) and his cursed honor. Marrying that Westerling girl seemed like the "honorable" thing to do after sleeping with her.

I think Robbs biggest problem was a huge lack of good advise, all those Northern Bannermen were either traitors (Bolton), not very bright (Umber) or too hot headed (Karstark), to be of real help.

He lacked experience and advice against an opponent who had plenty of both and who didn't play by the same rules.

I never really understood all that hate for Catelyn, I understood what she did and why.

There is no real revenge for Ned without his family participating.

edit: btw. how much more of a warrior should Robb have been? He won every single battle in this war. On a tactical level he was brilliant.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks, please remain very careful in what you write and say in this thread. We have had to delete several comments hinting on future events and character twists that television viewers have not been made aware of and those are serious spoilers. If you have read the books, please come here strictly to laugh at viewers reactions and to clarify current and past events in the show or how they have been portrayed. We can not tolerate any further spoilers, whether accidental or not.

did you delete much since Sunday? I thought we all kept away from spoilers, but maybe you erased them before I saw them?

Not a lot, but suggestions as "you will start to like so and so before you know it" are spoilers as well. So comments like that should not be posted.

They're more suggestions than spoilers. It's like starting a new job and having a person show you around telling you who to like or not like. People should have a blank slate when watching this show, free of suggestion.

They're more suggestions than spoilers. It's like starting a new job and having a person show you around telling you who to like or not like. People should have a blank slate when watching this show, free of suggestion.

They're suggestions based on knowing things that are likely to happen because they happen in the books. So if someone is complaining about their favorite characters always dying and so someone suggests they like a character they know isn't, at least in the books, going to die for the foreseeable future, that's sort of a spoiler.

is robs wife related to Charlie Chaplin?

well done T.V. the HBO series be it the Sopranos, 6 feet under, boardwalk, Oz all have really pushed the limits. I only read the first book. I want to read the second but not until the T.V. series surpasses it as to not be surprised. Sounds like I cannot read the second book until sometime past Season 4. is this accurate?

is robs wife related to Charlie Chaplin?

well done T.V. the HBO series be it the Sopranos, 6 feet under, boardwalk, Oz all have really pushed the limits. I only read the first book. I want to read the second but not until the T.V. series surpasses it as to not be surprised. Sounds like I cannot read the second book until sometime past Season 4. is this accurate?

The first book is season 1, the second book is season 2, the third book is this season and next one, and so on.

The first book is season 1, the second book is season 2, the third book is this season and next one, and so on.

Careful with that. Season 3 will only cover up until around the 60% mark of book 3, with a few added bits (for example, readers find out about the identity of Theon's torturer much earlier - in the second book - but don't actually know Theon's fate until the 5th book, whereas viewers know EXACTLY what's going on with our favorite kraken, aside from who is torturing him). If the show remained canon to the book, yesterday's episode would have provided evidence that Theon is actually still alive.

Careful with that. Season 3 will only cover up until around the 60% mark of book 3, with a few added bits (for example, readers find out about the identity of Theon's torturer much earlier - in the second book - but don't actually know Theon's fate until the 5th book, whereas viewers know EXACTLY what's going on with our favorite kraken, aside from who is torturing him). If the show remained canon to the book, yesterday's episode would have provided evidence that Theon is actually still alive.

That's why I said this season and the next one.

I find it amazing how you guys can remember details like this. I really need to work on my memory.

I remember maybe 30%, roughly know about another 30% and for everything else there is Ice&Fire Wiki and similar pages. :D

This. I'm constantly vaguely remembering something and having to google it to clear up details.

http://moshi-kun.tumblr.com/

http://24.media.tumblr.com/af06b0eceda7e06ad4d4554ef885785c/tumblr_mnmzcyPO0C1rihymso1_1280.png

http://24.media.tumblr.com/f9adca93c4069c16c5538e3f1383c5c0/tumblr_mnmzcyPO0C1rihymso3_1280.png

http://24.media.tumblr.com/ea9d334669be20ffd2d57d04eeef922d/tumblr_mnmzcyPO0C1rihymso2_1280.png

:rofl: