• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

A Song of Ice & Fire (Book Discussion Only) *Possible Spoilers Inside*

4_4

If there is any more proof he is an insane asshole: *minor spoiler* He orders his knights to beat up Sansa regularly. Propaply why he wanted Ser Barristan gone (the old knight of the kings guard), cause that man would have had to much honor to allow this.

I haven't hated a character in a television show this much in years. Honestly. I'm gonna celebrate when he's finally killed off.

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My biggest curiosity is what influence Maester Aemon Targaryen's speech to Jon Snow is going to have on his choice to desert his Night's Watch post and head south to go into battle with his half-brother Robb.

Snow is no doubt being molded into a leader with the Watch, but that whole story Aemon gave him about seemingly regretting the choice to never have left when he had the chance to save his own family isn't going to be taken lightly, I'd imagine.

just watched ep. 9 and LMAO at tyrion going into battle.

I knew what was going to happen to eddard but it was def. crazy to see how it happened. The whole scene was well crafted in general.

He actually did go into battle though, and managed to hold his own. That was the only part of that episode that I didn't like. I'm not sure why they did that.

He actually did go into battle though, and managed to hold his own. That was the only part of that episode that I didn't like. I'm not sure why they did that.

i think they tried hinting that he got up and eventually fought (or at least shot it that way).

I guess they thought maybe it was too much of a stretch to have a dwarf fight men.

i think they tried hinting that he got up and eventually fought (or at least shot it that way).

I guess they thought maybe it was too much of a stretch to have a dwarf fight men.

yeah, i wasn't clear on what they were trying to show. maybe they'll talk about the battle in the next episode.

i really hope it's not that they are removing his character from the fighting though.

[spoiler=IMO it changes his character a lot. he's also involved in a huge battle at king's landing at the end of the second book. it's pretty significant if he doesn't go out and fight.]

Edited by 4_4

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110607173621/uncyclopedia/images/d/da/Tyrion_slaps_Joffrey.gif

i'm jazzed that we talked the series up and you guys got into it.

Hahaha, I love it. This series needs more hitting of Joffrey.

Arrogant bastard fool.

My biggest curiosity is what influence Maester Aemon Targaryen's speech to Jon Snow is going to have on his choice to desert his Night's Watch post and head south to go into battle with his half-brother Robb.

Snow is no doubt being molded into a leader with the Watch, but that whole story Aemon gave him about seemingly regretting the choice to never have left when he had the chance to save his own family isn't going to be taken lightly, I'd imagine.

The speech was more about knowing how Jon feels I think. At least it was in the book, cause allthough he somewhat regreted his own decision he did hold his oath and in the end that's what expected from Jon too.

By the way, with Robb being the son of his father, Jon can't be sure he wouldn't be executed as a deserter, half-brother or not. ;)

Well, the new one comes out in july.

They really need to reissue hardcovers. All of my books are trashed and i've owned multiple copies of each. I'm trying to re read the second book but I'm missing pages

Well, the new one comes out in july.

They really need to reissue hardcovers. All of my books are trashed and i've owned multiple copies of each. I'm trying to re read the second book but I'm missing pages

Well as far as I know US-Paperback is shitty quality, compared to our Paperback. One of my teachers during off the job training back when I started working as a bookseller once told us in class, that many americans remember at which point they are in a Paperback by ripping out the pages they already read and throwing them away.

That was like a horror-story to us. :D

Well as far as I know US-Paperback is shitty quality, compared to our Paperback. One of my teachers during off the job training back when I started working as a bookseller once told us in class, that many americans remember at which point they are in a Paperback by ripping out the pages they already read and throwing them away.

That was like a horror-story to us. :D

i have never seen nor heard of anyone doing that here.

I love hard cover but its a pain in the ass when you do most of your reading on the train like I do. I am not a fan of e-books either. I like having the physical book with me.

Really? Just the opposite for me. It's the paperback I have a harder time with because You end up having to crease the spine to get the book to stay open. The hardcover IMO does the work for you (so long as you pull the stupid dust jacket off).