• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

A Song of Ice & Fire (Book Discussion Only) *Possible Spoilers Inside*

4_4

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've already read these when they first came out but not with the first season ending and staring insane withdrawal in the face i might have to dust of the clash of kings copy...hmm...although part of me likes that it was years since i read them and i have forgotten a few things so the show is more surprising...

Without spoilering: Each Volumes adds some new pov characters, some already in the series but no pov character yet, some totally new.

Like Brienne the beauty of Tarth or Ser Davos Seaworth, who both will join us in season two as followers of Roberts brothers.

You know what I mean lol.

It's a shock, for sure, but they're following the books nearly to a T. Can't avoid killing a character who's killed off in the books as written by the series author just because it's now televised.

I love shows like this, though, where no one is safe. Reminds me of 24, which was the same way. No fear behind killing even the most important characters.

Is anyone in this show safe?

No one is save from my point of view. I have been shocked so many times now, that I've become really cautious about how much I like a character.

Treason and Betrayal can come from everywhere.

Oh and by the way, don't try to keep track on the family tree of the Freys, there seems to be a Frey in every family.

It's a shock, for sure, but they're following the books nearly to a T. Can't avoid killing a character who's killed off in the books as written by the series author just because it's now televised.

I love shows like this, though, where no one is safe. Reminds me of 24, which was the same way. No fear behind killing even the most important characters.

I haven't read the books. I'm not saying they should deviate, just saying that not many writers make everyone fair game.

I haven't read the books. I'm not saying they should deviate, just saying that not many writers make everyone fair game.

Oh, for sure, but those that do tend to garner a lot more talk over their programs then those that don't. Takes balls to kill off a major character.

Robb Stark, the King of the North is born.

Jon Snow, true Soldier of the Night's Watch is born.

Daenerys Stormborn is reborn.

Three Targareyon dragons are born.

--

I can't fuckin' wait for Spring 2012!