• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

A Song of Ice & Fire (Book Discussion Only) *Possible Spoilers Inside*

4_4

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me the value in shows like this is in the smaller twists and turns of the overall story-telling, not the most graphic scenes. In fact, I'd say there's more power in the less-graphic scenes by far.

Like Robb letting the Lannister spy go despite the law requiring he kill him only to ride back to tell Tywin Winterfell is coming for him. Incredible. Really doing a fantastic job of developing his character.

Same goes for the scene where Barristan was relieved of his command and threw down his sword before Joffrey, telling him to melt it down with the others.

Edited by Phil in Absentia

Yup, that's exactly what I was thinking, too. Again, I haven't read the books, so this is all brand new for me, but Rob progressed big-time in the last two episodes. Something tells me he's a lot smarter than he's been credit for thus far, and he's going to be a big-time player in the series moving forward.

To me the value in shows like this is in the smaller twists and turns of the overall story-telling, not the most graphic scenes. In fact, I'd say there's more power in the less-graphic scenes by far.

Like Robb letting the Lannister spy go despite the law requiring he kill him only to ride back to tell Tywin Winterfell is coming for him. Incredible. Really doing a fantastic job of developing his character.

Same goes for the scene where Barristan was relieved of his command and threw down his sword before Joffrey, telling him to melt it down with the others.

He let him go because the spy miscounted and Rob wanted to give the impression of greater numbers.

He let him go because the spy miscounted and Rob wanted to give the impression of greater numbers.

Yes, the spy miscounted, and he likely wanted to do so, but I don't buy that he's actually going after Tywin.

I think like Harris noted, he's going after Jamie in an ambush.

Yes, the spy miscounted, and he likely wanted to do so, but I don't buy that he's actually going after Tywin.

I think like Harris noted, he's going after Jamie in an ambush.

Agree. Or maybe they split forces and have Tywin thinking there are still 20k men.

I suppose it depends on their approach, but from what I remember they were trying to reach the river pass, so I can't imagine they'd have much of the land to aid them the way the 300 battle did.

One thing is for sure, though — this is going to get gruesome, real fast.

I suppose it depends on their approach, but from what I remember they were trying to reach the river pass, so I can't imagine they'd have much of the land to aid them the way the 300 battle did.

One thing is for sure, though — this is going to get gruesome, real fast.

Last 3 shows have been a lot better.

The story is rapidly developing over the last four, I'd say. Slow start, for sure, but considering it was a full season show and not a mini-series, that kind of thing is expected. There are always "filler" episodes.

The story is rapidly developing over the last four, I'd say. Slow start, for sure, but considering it was a full season show and not a mini-series, that kind of thing is expected. There are always "filler" episodes.

I keep comparing it to Camelot, where they dove right in...

im VERY happy they have taken their time to really tell this story the way it was meant, its a very intricate story with tons of characters and several storylines going on at several different places al at the same time....it would have been easy to just compress this story and fill every episode with action left and right but the story would have been raped and the end product would have been much less interesting.

• Like 1