• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

I walk to and from work. About 25 minutes each way. Tuesday and Wednesday were brutal. Had to towel my face off in the bathroom for like 10 minutes before I could even sit down. Today wasnt so bad since it was breezy.

Thankfully I dont need a suit though. Just a button down and pants.

I walk to and from work. About 25 minutes each way. Tuesday and Wednesday were brutal. Had to towel my face off in the bathroom for like 10 minutes before I could even sit down. Today wasnt so bad since it was breezy.

Thankfully I dont need a suit though. Just a button down and pants.

Same.

I walk 10-12 minutes from home to the train, and then another 8-10 minutes from Union Square up to my office every day, and vice versa on the way home. So at least 20 minutes spent over two sides of the train ride.

When I got in this morning I had to take a small sink bath to wash my face, neck, etc.

This past month I've just been going straight to the bathroom before going to my desk.

Yup. Same as I head right to the shower when I get home. It's not at all uncommon for me to shower twice a day all summer long.

:rofl:

Well either way, this weather can go suck it. I don't mind summer, but high temps combined with humidity makes me want to hibernate next to the AC.

Counting the days for Fall/Winter

Thanks for not taking it out on me fellas.

Overall, the heat has not been extreme this summer. Humidity though has been relentless most days. Hang in there, just a few weeks to go.

Thanks for not taking it out on me fellas.

Overall, the heat has not been extreme this summer. Humidity though has been relentless most days. Hang in there, just a few weeks to go.

Beautiful summer. Handful of 90+days and not a lot of humidity. Only complaint is summer was too short.

Beautiful summer. Handful of 90+days and not a lot of humidity. Only complaint is summer was too short.

It has "behaved" itself. Out here we've had more rain than NJ and NYC/LI. I've been mowing roughly 2x every 7-8 days. Humidity has been up as a result. Visited my friend in Springfield Sunday and it was much drier.

The 90+ degree days have been limited and mainly 90-95 if it got that hot.

It has "behaved" itself. Out here we've had more rain than NJ and NYC/LI. I've been mowing roughly 2x every 7-8 days. Humidity has been up as a result. Visited my friend in Springfield Sunday and it was much drier.

The 90+ degree days have been limited and mainly 90-95 if it got that hot.

Well why haven't you passed by?

Well why haven't you passed by?

Lol, it was a pit stop with my kid on my way back from Long Island. Maybe this upcoming hockey season. I plan on attending a game or two and crashing in da Jerz. I really love that area.

Ever been to Oscar's deli in Millburn? Amazing subs/heros (whatever you call'em)

Lol, it was a pit stop with my kid on my way back from Long Island. Maybe this upcoming hockey season. I plan on attending a game or two and crashing in da Jerz. I really love that area.

Ever been to Oscar's deli in Millburn? Amazing subs/heros (whatever you call'em)

I have. Around the corner from me.

Let's make it happen.

Yup. Same as I head right to the shower when I get home. It's not at all uncommon for me to shower twice a day all summer long.

I'm outside for a total of 40 minutes a day and my socks are always soaked through.

I shouldnt complain too much though. If things stay status quo I'll be making the walk in the winter time. Pittsburgh winters are not fun.

Don't you take Jersey transit to work? It's air conditioned. This reminds me of when Nik would talk about how much he loved summer when he'd leave his air conditioned house/apartment to walk to his air conditioned car, then drive to his air conditioned job and talk about how beautiful the weather outside is.

I'm outside for a total of 40 minutes a day and my socks are always soaked through.

I shouldnt complain too much though. If things stay status quo I'll be making the walk in the winter time. Pittsburgh winters are not fun.

Cold really doesn't bother me until you hit extreme lows (10?F or less) and/or wind chill. Mostly the latter. It's always easy to put more layers on to stay warm than it is to do the opposite.

Don't you take Jersey transit to work? It's air conditioned. This reminds me of when Nik would talk about how much he loved summer when he'd leave his air conditioned house/apartment to walk to his air conditioned car, then drive to his air conditioned job and talk about how beautiful the weather outside is.

1. I walk mile to the train.

2. I walk from 9th St Path to 8th and Broadway.

3. The NYC subway is air-conditioned.

1. I walk mile to the train.

2. I walk from 9th St Path to 8th and Broadway.

3. The NYC subway is air-conditioned.

Wasn't trying to pick a fight. I probably worded that last post too strongly.

You've always had a much higher tolerance for what I would consider "stuffy" weather than me. I start sweating when the temperature is above like 70?F. LOL.

Sidebar — NYC subway is air-conditioned, and packed wall-to-wall most mornings/evenings. Unless the AC is cranked most subways are still rather warm. Certainly not as cool as a LIRR or Jersey Transit, etc. train where there's a better seating situation and the entire "aisle" of the train car isn't filled with people every day/evening.

Wasn't trying to pick a fight. I probably worded that last post too strongly.

You've always had a much higher tolerance for what I would consider "stuffy" weather than me. I start sweating when the temperature is above like 70?F. LOL.

Sidebar ? NYC subway is air-conditioned, and packed wall-to-wall most mornings/evenings. Unless the AC is cranked most subways are still rather warm. Certainly not as cool as a LIRR or Jersey Transit, etc. train where there's a better seating situation and the entire "aisle" of the train car isn't filled with people every day/evening.

I hear ya. Half my commute is path/mta and walking. I just love heat.

But a few days this week I couldn't breathe.

Cold really doesn't bother me until you hit extreme lows (10?F or less) and/or wind chill. Mostly the latter. It's always easy to put more layers on to stay warm than it is to do the opposite.

Yeah those extremes are pretty much January and February here. It's been worse every year since I've been here. Had what felt like 2 straight weeks last winter where it didnt get above 15.

Also had some ridiculous fluctuations. January 4: 61 degrees; January 5: 33 degrees; January 6: 19 degrees. Like what the fuck is that shit

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/pittsburgh-pa/15219/january-weather/1310?monyr=1/1/2015

Worst thing about Pittsburgh. CLOUDY days. One of the cloudiest, depressing (in terms of weather) cities in the U.S. I spent 5 years in State College and it was cloudy there plenty too.

PIT on average:

Cloudy Days - Annual: 203

Clear Days - Annual: 59.0

Partly Cloudy - Annual: 103

In comparison, NYC averages 71 (132) less CLOUDY days per year.