• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

Live sports are what are keeping me plugged in, 100%.

What I'd love more than anything is the option to literally buy the channels I want, but I know that's not how television works. If people could go in and just buy FOX, NBC, ABC, CW, HBO, Showtime and History Channel, or whatever combination you think is ideal of the most watched networks, those networks would be in a poor business model because all the subsidiary channels they sell to sell-up packages are never going to be purchased.

Live sports are what are keeping me plugged in, 100%.

What I'd love more than anything is the option to literally buy the channels I want, but I know that's not how television works. If people could go in and just buy FOX, NBC, ABC, CW, HBO, Showtime and History Channel, or whatever combination you think is ideal of the most watched networks, those networks would be in a poor business model because all the subsidiary channels they sell to sell-up packages are never going to be purchased.

a la carte channels. i do believe some providers offer that.

in the past 10 years, i've only had cable for about 3 of those years. one of those years was only 3 months i think...on a trial period for some provider.

when i got my first apartment in PA, i thought it'd be a good idea to get cable. i wanted to watch stuff...

but after a 2 year contract with dish, i hated everything that i was paying for and their service wasn't great.

so while it's wonderful to get sports in HD, i'll continue streaming that shit.

if i want to watch jeopardy, i'll stream that shit too.

Ugh, yesterday I parked my car at work, and a box truck hit it about 5 minutes after I left it. He cracked my bumper, and turned my car about 45 degrees. Its drivable, but now my steering wheel vibrates and it pulls a little. Now I have to deal with getting it fixed, and because its a rental truck that hit me, I have to go through my insurance to go after them and shell out the deductible, but my insurance will go after them to get it back. Its just a pain in the ass. The worst part is that I shouldn't have even been at work that early, but I had to come in early because someone wanted to leave early.

Had our baby shower this past Saturday for my wife, my sister(being named the godmother of our son) made a gift basket for me to open as well from my nephews and labeled it "Uncle Dollaz" it was full of all Ranger baby clothes and accessories, it was awesome! Can't wait to dress my son in all of them.

And my wedding is in 27 days!