• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

Anyone ever put their dog down before? Facing this ugly task tomorrow ? just curious if anyone has any experience with this?

Twice, unfortunately. It's hard. Not gonna sugar coat it. But you'll be glad you went.

Twice, unfortunately. It's hard. Not gonna sugar coat it. But you'll be glad you went.

That's sorta where my head is at now. Don't want him to go on his own, or without me there, and even though I'm dreading doing it, I have a feeling I'd regret it if I wasn't there, you know?

Welp, OSU lost in NCAA D3 Championship game. Team was playing well up 2-0, took stupid penalty and from there Wisconsin tied it up to 2-1 and then 2-2 with 53 seconds left. Fluke bounces led to 3-2, 4-2, OSU brought it to 4-3 and empty netter made it 5-3. Very emotional with 14 seniors leaving. Me and my friends followed the team all year on road games and made some friendships and connections with team. Was long drive home but incredible run.

Anyone ever put their dog down before? Facing this ugly task tomorrow ? just curious if anyone has any experience with this?

Put mine down a little over a year ago. His liver was beginning to fail and we had no other alternative. I wasn't able to be there because I had an exam that very day, but my brother went. To this day he says he was glad he did. If I could have, I would have.

To say its difficult is an understatement. Even though I have another dog now that pain still lingers. Sorry for your loss. :(

So you're telling the guy that will be doing concrete he won't have to work while you've generated 60,000 (!) message board posts from your desk? Give me a break. Have you ever done concrete? Do the forms magically appear when you're union? The trowels just trowel themselves?

:lol:

Not in the US.

That's not how I roll though. Work hard, move your way up. Theres a ton of money to be made. A ton of overtime to be had. They don't give overtime to bitches who stand around. I alway say to people, if you didn't break a sweat, you're not working hard enough.

So you're telling the guy that will be doing concrete he won't have to work while you've generated 60,000 (!) message board posts from your desk? Give me a break. Have you ever done concrete? Do the forms magically appear when you're union? The trowels just trowel themselves?

Relax, bro. I'm breaking his balls.

I'm not going to apologize for having an office job that allows me to sit in front of a computer. You chose manual labor. I didn't.

I'm sure your doing well for yourself. I am. Chizz will.

But let's be honest here...You have job security in a union where others do not. So yea, you have people who don't have the work ethic in unions. Don't know how it is in Canada. That's how it is here. Believe me.

Relax, bro. I'm breaking his balls.

I'm not going to apologize for having an office job that allows me to sit in front of a computer. You chose manual labor. I didn't.

I'm sure your doing well for yourself. I am. Chizz will.

But let's be honest here...You have job security in a union where others do not. So yea, you have people who don't have the work ethic in unions. Don't know how it is in Canada. That's how it is here. Believe me.

This is exactly how it is in the U.S. You have your people who work hard and then you have your many more people who take advantage of being in the union. Like I said though, the people who work hard are the people who succeed in the long run.

This is exactly how it is in the U.S. You have your people who work hard and then you have your many more people who take advantage of being in the union. Like I said though, the people who work hard are the people who succeed in the long run.

Exactly. I'm sure you will be fine. Congrats!