• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

Exactly. I'm sure you will be fine. Congrats!

Thanks bro, I appreciate it! Trust me, in 10 years I hope I'm sitting behind the wheel, reading the paper (posting on BSBH), sipping my coffee, while the job is being taken care of by a bunch of rookies :D lol

That's how it is everywhere. Not just union.

Good luck Chizz, I'm not currently with a Union employer but I still pay my dues just in case!

Not places you don't have the job security that comes with union dues.

That's right. You have a spot in the union. If the work dries up you'll be sitting at home. No different than anywhere else.

Right, IF the work dries up. If it doesn't, poor performance or lack of work ethic rarely leads to job loss here.

That's how it is everywhere. Not just union.

Good luck Chizz, I'm not currently with a Union employer but I still pay my dues just in case!

Unions make it impossible to fire shitty workers that would never be able to keep a job otherwise.

If youre not productive in an office you can be fired if youre not in a union.

Exactly. He's either just being pissy because he thought I was implying the WORK isn't hard, or he's implying anything that doesn't include manual labor is easy. The latter I won't even dignify with a response.

Of course the work is hard. There just aren't the same repercussions if you don't do it in a union. Why is every single construction project delayed? Why have they been working on the Gowanus for 20 years? Unions.

Schools on long island have been hiring non-union chinese guys to come in on the weekends to do the jobs the union guys were supposed to be doing during the week and out producing them by a large margin in just two days.

That's right, everyone has downtime, so when you drive by a powerline crew or what have you, please understand they also have downtime, they really can't be expected to be running around like idiots all day just to look busy.

Off to bed I go. Short night sleep, so I'll be plenty tired on my eight hour flight tomorrow.

It's crazy feeling that tomorrow morning I'll wake up in my own bed, make my usual coffee, will hop in the car, hop on a plan, hope off the plan, fist bump with Mr. Smith and Tonybologna, drive to MSG and see the Rangers take on the Panthers.

Only risk is a massive delay on my flight, but that's not likely. :)