• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

Lucky dude, where are your seats

Section 111, Row 22.

There's still a great deal of tickets left on StubHub. None of them cheap. I went for the 100s for the leg room, I would have gone for the 300s, but my knees press against the seat in front of me and my son almost has the same problem.

Edited by Drew a Penalty

must be a lot of taxes if the cheapest flight I can find from NY to LA is like $140 and the cheapest I can find from NY to London is like $480

There's usually a great deal of taxes. The airlines don't make much money off of international flights. They make a lot of money off of things like baggage or online charges like restroom usage fees. Then the airports are taxed a great deal. It's weird, I know.

is the fact the flight is international explain why a flight from NY to London costs nearly 3x as much as a flight from NY to LA, despite only a 1000 mile difference in distance?

Don't even get me started on ticket prices between Europa and the US. :( And yes, it's on taxes, expensive docking, more petrol burned while flying towards the US (Gulf stream air flow) and such. And to think NY-London is easily one of the cheapest routes you can look for.

Don't even get me started on ticket prices between Europa and the US. :( And yes, it's on taxes, expensive docking, more petrol burned while flying towards the US (Gulf stream air flow) and such. And to think NY-London is easily one of the cheapest routes you can look for.

NYC-->London and back can be done for $500 if you look at the right time.

NYC-->London and back can be done for $500 if you look at the right time.

Yeah, but NYC/Philadelphia/Chicago to Amsterdam/Brussels can't be done for under $750 if you go anywhere close to when regular folks have vacation, like the summer, Christmas or around spring break.

Id be looking to go in the last week of august. Might be able to get some sort of discount through american airlines frequent flyer miles though

Just London or elsewhere in Europe too? If I'm around, I don't live that far from London travel-wise and you might want to visit Amsterdam anyway.

London for a study abroad program. And yeah I have london in mind with the idea of visiting other countries when I have a break/weekends. I think my closest friend will be in copenhagen at the same time as I would be there

Well, I live in the middle between those two, near Amsterdam. For how long will you be there?

Woo! Gonna be about a year from now. I just found out the admission for the program is rolling so I can find out sooner than february

I'll be in the Amsterdam area til spring 2013, or well, that's the current plan for sure. If you know more, just let me know.