• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

uhh the Harry Potter following is a tad bit bigger than a cult, dude. I dont think theres ever been a more popular fiction series. Ever

What about that stupid Twilight? I would say that was/is bigger than Harry Potter. I could never get into either one of them, I just have no interest in them.

What about that stupid Twilight? I would say that was/is bigger than Harry Potter. I could never get into either one of them, I just have no interest in them.

No way, Harry Potter has sold way more. I think its up to like 450-500 Million copies sold world wide. Only trails the Bible, I believe

But whats your argument for him not reading them, then?

The movies leave out a lot of stuff from the books.

True, but, as I said, it's not a masterpiece of literature or anything.

I think the only people that like Twilight are 10-25 year old girls...you aren't missing anything. It's just a slobberfest over Taylor Lautner and Rob Pattinson, with a terrible actor (Kristen Stewart) mixed in.

Supposedly because they're nothing special, in which they are IMO, but everyone is entitled to their own.

They're special in a sense. Hard to describe.

I think the author of Harry Potter made more money with those books then any other author ever.

The books may not deal with an huge metaphors but they are a great read, and the story is so well done.

• Like 1

Twilight is not even close to anything. Twilight series sold 10 million books so far, Harry Potter 400+ million.

EDIT: Whoa, old numbers. Let me check this again.

True, but, as I said, it's not a masterpiece of literature or anything.

I think the only people that like Twilight are 10-25 year old girls...you aren't missing anything. It's just a slobberfest over Taylor Lautner and Rob Pattinson, with a terrible actor (Kristen Stewart) mixed in.

They're special in a sense. Hard to describe.

LOL, we got a literature snob here. Just because you read some book that made you think in your 9th grade english class doesn't mean that every other book not written by a pulitzer prize author is shit.

LOL, we got a literature snob here. Just because you read some book that made you think in your 9th grade english class doesn't mean that every other book not written by a pulitzer prize author is shit.

And Dostoyevski isn't even that good. Parts of his best book are amazing, other parts feel like complete filler.

Not that you care, but just to make sure it was said. :D

yeah Twilight is up to around 115 ish million and HP is up around 450 mil

LOL, even worse. I mistyped 10 instead of 100 too. But yes, Harry Potter has been around longer and such, but is still vastly outselling Twilight.

And honestly, what's the draw about Twilight? I read half of the first book and with some bad books I understand the draw, but this is just plain shit.

Of course I'd rather read the Grimm stories over twilight, it's all about preference, but you got to admit HP has the numbers and just because it doesn't have metaphors and shit where you have to analyze every damn sentence doesn't mean it's not good!

And honestly, what's the draw about Twilight? I read half of the first book and with some bad books I understand the draw, but this is just plain shit.

Yeah, never understood it as well, it was horrible. I love my vampire stories, maybe that's why I think this one is so crappy because it's a crappy version of a vampirical story

And Dostoyevski isn't even that good. Parts of his best book are amazing, other parts feel like complete filler.

Not that you care, but just to make sure it was said. :D

I've read some pretty highly regarded novels that deal with huge metaphors and that comment on society, and I've enjoyed them. But the Harry Potter books are still my favorite books ever.

I've read some pretty highly regarded novels that deal with huge metaphors and that comment on society, and I've enjoyed them. But the Harry Potter books are still my favorite books ever.

Well, as I said, I never fully read Harry Potter, but what I've read of it was good, compelling and just perfectly done. It's a great balance between great for kids and exciting for adults too and it's just really, really well done. And with some classic novels it's just not there for me either, I just don't like it or I don't see what makes it more special than other books from that era.

LOL, even worse. I mistyped 10 instead of 100 too. But yes, Harry Potter has been around longer and such, but is still vastly outselling Twilight.

I dont get it either. Two of my friends wives are obsessed with it, my wife read the books and watched the movies, but she isnt obsessed with it, but from what I have been told, they arent even true to the actual Vampire myth. They can walk in sun light and nothing happens to them, its just dumb to me.

My dog just punked me. I walked down the hall to go wash my hands and while that was happening she came upstairs, entered my room, and ate my cheesecake. :(

LOL Max has done that before. My sister had made chicken nuggets, about 20 of them, left them on the kitchen counter ran upstairs to get something and when she came back down they were all gone.