• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Ghost of Foley's – General Chat

Pete

It's so foggy all over The Netherlands that the big airport in Amsterdam (Schiphol is one of the big airports in the world) is pretty much closed for air traffic and visibility here in Utrecht is less than 200ft right now. It could last all through tomorrow and I've never seen this before here. And it's pretty much the whole country.

Finally giving the Harry Potter series a go. Honestly, they're not half bad.

Watching the third one now. Caught the first two yesterday and today.

A little corny, but otherwise entertaining.

Did you read the books? You'd probably have wouldn't be saying this. Some of them were decent, but 1 and 2 weren't that good at all compared to the books, but I think this is is common sense.

I think the last ones were really good, but that's because the later in the series you get, the more mature and serious approach the series gets, and I like that

Finally giving the Harry Potter series a go. Honestly, they're not half bad.

Watching the third one now. Caught the first two yesterday and today.

A little corny, but otherwise entertaining.

And they'll get even better along the way. I never really liked the books and the last movie is good, not great, but movie 6 and part 1 of 7 are awesome.

Nope. Never read. Not sure I ever will, honestly. As movies I could find the time to watch the series, but I don't have the interest in the series enough to sit down and spend months reading the books.

Honestly, the books don't take much to read even though they may be 'lengthy'. Hell, I read the third book in 2 days.

That said, if you haven't read them at this point, they aren't worth reading now, IMO. I mean, the series has a cult following, and I've always been a big fan, but the books aren't anything special. They're your run-of-the-mill fantasy books. It's not as if you're missing out on a Dostoevsky novel, here.

Honestly, the books don't take much to read even though they may be 'lengthy'. Hell, I read the third book in 2 days.

That said, if you haven't read them at this point, they aren't worth reading now, IMO. I mean, the series has a cult following, and I've always been a big fan, but the books aren't anything special. They're your run-of-the-mill fantasy books. It's not as if you're missing out on a Dostoevsky novel, here.

Aren't we a cult? we must not be special :/