• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECF #6: Rangers @ Florida Panthers — Call an Ambulance, but Not for Me

BSBH Game Day Thread Logo

EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS
GAME #6 — 6/1/24

NYR Logo Reflection  @  Opponent Logo Reflection

Time: 8:00 PM
TV: ABC, ESPN+
Radio: 98.7 FM, 107.1 FM, 710 AM, Sirius XM

USEFUL LINKS:

Coverage: @NYP_Brooksie@StapeAthletic@ColinSNewsday@vzmercogliano@MollieWalkerr

Team Official: @NYRangersNYR on Instagram

Official Team Websites: nhl.com/rangersnhl.com/panthers

GameCenter - here

Series Preview - here

SERIES SCHEDULE:

image.png

NYR Logo

Team Leaders:

Goals:

Assists:

+/-:

PIM:

TOI/G (D):

TOI/G (F):

Vincent Trocheck (8)

Mika Zibanejad (13)

Vincent Trocheck (19)

Adam Fox, Barclay Goodrow (+4)

Jacob Trouba (22)

Adam Fox (23:57)

Vincent Trocheck (23:05)

Starting Lineup:^

Chris Kreider A / Mika Zibanejad A / Filip Chytil
Artemi Panarın A / Vincent Trocheck / Alexis Lafrenière
Kaapp Kakko / Alex Wennberg / Jack Roslovic
Will Cuylle / Barclay Goodrow A / Jonny Brodzinski

Ryan Lindgren / Adam Fox A
K'Andre Miller / Braden Schneider
Erik Gustafsson / Jacob Trouba

^Subject to change

Starting Goaltender:

Igor Shesterkin

GS:

REC:

SV%:

GAA:

SO:

10-5

Healthy Scratches:

Half the organization + CHAD + Matt Rempe

Injuries, Suspensions, Misc:

Jimmy Vesey [DTD] — Ryan Lomberg’s face imprinted on his head; Out week-to-week

Opponent Logo Reflection

Team Leaders:

Goals:

Assists:

+/-:

PIM:

TOI/G (D):

TOI/G (F):

Carter Verhaeghe (9)

Matthew Tkachuk (14)

Matthew Tkachuk (19)

Gustav Forsling (+12)

Nick Cousins, Eetu Luostarinen, Niko Mikkola (20)

Brandon Montour (23:46)

Sam Reinhart (21:52)

Starting Lineup:^

Carter Verhaeghe / Aleksander Barkov / Sam Reinhart
Matthew Tkachuk / Sam Bennett / Evan Rodrigues
Eetu Luostarinen / Anton Lundell / Vladimir Tarasenko
Steven Lorentz / Kevin Stenlund / Kyle Okposo

Gustav Forsling / Aaron Ekblad
Niko Mikkola / Brandon Montour
Oliver Ekman-Larsson / Dmitri Kulikov

^Subject to change

Starting Goaltender:

Sergei Bobrovsky

GS:

REC:

SV%:

GAA:

SO:

11-5

Healthy Scratches:

Rasmus Asplund, Jonah Gadjovich, Patrick Giles, William Lockwood, Mackie Samsokevich, Justin Sourdif, Ulvis Balinskis, Mike Benning, Tobias Bjornfot, Matt Kiersted, Josh Mahura, Ryan Lomberg, Nick Cousins

Injuries, Suspensions, Misc:

N/A

QUOTE(S) TO NOTE:

"Leave it all out there. The goal is to go win one game. There's nothing to save it for. When your back is against the wall, everybody's got to bring their best game to survive another day."

— Jacob Trouba on game six

GIF to HYPE:

image.gif

• Believe 2

In a strange parallel universe, the world famous Kravtsov-Andersson-Kakko first line is about to lead the New York Rangers into the Stanley Cup Finals again, while veteran captain Dylan McIlrath alongside with Libor Hajek shuts down all opposing top lines. 

Let's Go Rangers! You can do it in this universe.

It’s quite simple.  Do whatever it takes to win.  Hold nothing back.  Florida is a good team.  If they give it their all and still lose tip your hat to a good team.  But don’t half ass it and then have excuses.  

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 2
  • Believe 1

So the NHL has rigged the playoffs. NYR and Dallas both home teams follow the same patterns. Loss, Win, Win, Loss, Loss and are down 3 games to 2.

I have watched all the playoff games and especially last night I watched POS McDavid in retaliation of being hit in the corner literally get up and spear the Dallas player but to no avail the poster boy of the NHL received no penalty and/or game misconduct. Even the announcer said, WOW what would have happened if McDavid was a little closer to the left.

So it brings me to my Rangers, this team does not have the WILL or Killer Instinct to win like 94. They should be waiting for who wins the WCF but instead hoping to win game 6. If Lavi does not do the following:

1) Zib has to be removed for first line PP

2.) move ZIb down as 3C and Move Goodrow up to 1C

3.) replace Kakko for Othmann

4.) And for the love of God do not start Wheeler

This team is done in 6!

John Cooper said last night on the WCF intermission show the reason why Florida beat Tampa is because they play the game along the yellow in their D zone and use fast breaks off the yellow. Plus they do not allow the opponents to crash the net for rebounds. The Rangers pass, pass, pass instead of shooting and if you noticed on one of Trochecks goals when shooting HIGH on BOB he ducks his head and is not even looking. SHOT, SHOOT, SHOOT

But if the NHL start game 6 with all the Pride bullshit I will be done after 50+ years. Stop the political bullshit agenda and play HOCKEY, LGR!

• Keeps it 100 1

33 minutes ago, Blueshirts1926 said:

So the NHL has rigged the playoffs. NYR and Dallas both home teams follow the same patterns. Loss, Win, Win, Loss, Loss and are down 3 games to 2.

I have watched all the playoff games and especially last night I watched POS McDavid in retaliation of being hit in the corner literally get up and spear the Dallas player but to no avail the poster boy of the NHL received no penalty and/or game misconduct. Even the announcer said, WOW what would have happened if McDavid was a little closer to the left.

So it brings me to my Rangers, this team does not have the WILL or Killer Instinct to win like 94. They should be waiting for who wins the WCF but instead hoping to win game 6. If Lavi does not do the following:

1) Zib has to be removed for first line PP

2.) move ZIb down as 3C and Move Goodrow up to 1C

3.) replace Kakko for Othmann

4.) And for the love of God do not start Wheeler

This team is done in 6!

John Cooper said last night on the WCF intermission show the reason why Florida beat Tampa is because they play the game along the yellow in their D zone and use fast breaks off the yellow. Plus they do not allow the opponents to crash the net for rebounds. The Rangers pass, pass, pass instead of shooting and if you noticed on one of Trochecks goals when shooting HIGH on BOB he ducks his head and is not even looking. SHOT, SHOOT, SHOOT

But if the NHL start game 6 with all the Pride bullshit I will be done after 50+ years. Stop the political bullshit agenda and play HOCKEY, LGR!

Can't watch another minute of Kakko mindlessly ignoring the net like it has the clap.

• LMFAO 1

I left MSG on Thursday night sucking on the common wisdom that now the NYR are in serious trouble. After some period of wrangling with that, I just stepped back and said they need to win one to get back even - which they're completely capable of doing. FLA is not so much better that this is a foregone conclusion. So I gotta trust and have faith. My band is playing a block party in Richmond today and our set ends at 8:00. So I'll be driving back up in the capable hands of Sam and Dave. LGR!

• Believe 3

12 minutes ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

I left MSG on Thursday night sucking on the common wisdom that now the NYR are in serious trouble. After some period of wrangling with that, I just stepped back and said they need to win one to get back even - which they're completely capable of doing. FLA is not so much better that this is a foregone conclusion. So I gotta trust and have faith. My band is playing a block party in Richmond today and our set ends at 8:00. So I'll be driving back up in the capable hands of Sam and Dave. LGR!

Anybody can beat anybody any given day. Gotta find a way to make it happen.

I’m feeling a big game from Zib. I can feel it down in my plums, they get a nice blueish hue, ready to take them to the farmer’s market

• LMFAO 1
  • JIMMY! 1
  • ALEXIS! 1

I know it's going to be easier said than done, but hopefully they can put the nerves aside and just come out playing angry tonight.

Not angry with the intent of hitting everything in sight and taking foolish penalties. But playing angry in the sense that they've allowed Florida to dictate the play and smother them all fucking series. Playing angry in response to the fact that Florida has made them look like boys, a President's Trophy winning team, and embarrassed them publicly (chirping from Tkachuk, Maurice etc.).

So for tonight, hopefully they can just go out there angry with the goal of playing their game no matter what. Need to take a hit to make a fucking play? Take it, and then hit back twice as hard later. But whatever happens, do not fucking get smothered and dictated to on how this game is going to go. This team has all the skill and capability they need in order to win. They've just allowed Florida to suppress that far too much. And that should make them fucking angry. Change the narrative tonight! 

Let's Go Rangers, Potvin Sucks, Fatso Forgot to Shake My Hand. 

• Believe 1

19 minutes ago, Karan said:

I know it's going to be easier said than done, but hopefully they can put the nerves aside and just come out playing angry tonight.

Not angry with the intent of hitting everything in sight and taking foolish penalties. But playing angry in the sense that they've allowed Florida to dictate the play and smother them all fucking series. Playing angry in response to the fact that Florida has made them look like boys, a President's Trophy winning team, and embarrassed them publicly (chirping from Tkachuk, Maurice etc.).

So for tonight, hopefully they can just go out there angry with the goal of playing their game no matter what. Need to take a hit to make a fucking play? Take it, and then hit back twice as hard later. But whatever happens, do not fucking get smothered and dictated to on how this game is going to go. This team has all the skill and capability they need in order to win. They've just allowed Florida to suppress that far too much. And that should make them fucking angry. Change the narrative tonight! 

Let's Go Rangers, Potvin Sucks, Fatso Forgot to Shake My Hand. 

I put in a request for you to read the opening lineup and this post to the team before the game!! Got me pumped up!!

Let's go Rangers!!

51 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

And still 2 goals in 40 games Wennberg gets power play time.  I would put Shesterkin on the power play before Wennberg at this point.  At least he can pass.  

No kidding.....who makes these decisions?! It is kind of mind blowing.

• Keeps it 100 2

2 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

It’s quite simple.  Do whatever it takes to win.  Hold nothing back.  Florida is a good team.  If they give it their all and still lose tip your hat to a good team.  But don’t half ass it and then have excuses.  

There are no excuses.

We're where we are because about a quarter of the roster is playing like they don't want to be in the playoffs against a physical opponent.

I hope Drury is taking notes because if this run ends that fact is going to speak louder than the exit interviews to come.

• Bullseye 1

Tonight we find out what this team

is made of.

no weird. No mikes mayo. You come out and play hard or fuck right off. 

This team Has been amazing with their backs against the wall. Will the big dogs come through?

JUST WIN!

• Cheers 1
  • Believe 3

Posted (edited)

Found a penny, heads up, in my bedroom the other day. Took it out, left it in the kitchen and decided to bring it out with me for the game. Told the wife it would be my lucky penny. Took a look at it today. The date on it? 1994.

The real feel temperature in Sunrise today? 94.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am so fucking back on this bandwagon. Full steam ahead!

Skull fuck these flopping, diving pussies, then bring it back to MSG and have our real rats eat their goofy, fake, plastic ones. Scumbags. Fuck them all.

Father in Heaven, Rangers in 7.

The road back starts tonight.

Tonight, we ride. Bring it the fuck home boys!

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • VINNY! 1
  • Believe 4

I’d also like to add we all have our opinions but for once can we all just root for the team?

this is the kind of time legends and losers get defined. We will know where they stand after tonight.

and yes I’ve already hit the sauce. 

• Cheers 1
  • Applause 1