• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Panthers — Eastern Conference Final General Series Thread

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

6 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

Brodeur not shaking his hand must be the highlight of his life. 

I'm pretty sure it's a distant second behind fucking supermodels but sure. 

• LMFAO 1
  • JIMMY! 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Pete said:

They're not going to sit a penalty killer for Rempe.

He’s their 6th PK forward, like BB said, Kakko can do it.  Or sit Kakko for Rempe if it’s a big concern.  But I rather keep Kakko in a lineup against a physical Panthers team.  

And Chytil should be on the PP2, can’t remember if they gave him any time in the game he played last series

Edited by Vodka Drunkenski

1 hour ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

He’s their 6th PK forward, like BB said, Kakko can do it.  Or sit Kakko for Rempe if it’s a big concern.  But I rather keep Kakko in a lineup against a physical Panthers team.  

And Chytil should be on the PP2, can’t remember if they gave him any time in the game he played last series

Chytil was on PP2 in practice the last few days. So I would expect he will be there if he is a go.

2 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

He’s not on a PK unit. He’s a backup along with Wennberg. Kakko can do that.

2 hours ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

He isn't a "backup" just because they get less time than the other four. The other four are offensive threats, hence their deployment. 

When Lavvy was going through the rotation and telling certain players that they had to sit because other players needed to play, it was never Vesey sitting.

This isn't about what you guys would do, this is about what the team is probably going to do, and the fact is Rempe probably isn't playing. And if he does, I would be shocked to see Vesey sit.

17 minutes ago, Pete said:

He isn't a "backup" just because they get less time than the other four. The other four are offensive threats, hence their deployment. 

When Lavvy was going through the rotation and telling certain players that they had to sit because other players needed to play, it was never Vesey sitting.

This isn't about what you guys would do, this is about what the team is probably going to do, and the fact is Rempe probably isn't playing. And if he does, I would be shocked to see Vesey sit.

Great, I’m just looking for more toughness against a tough, physical, and at times dirty team.  I wouldn’t sit Cuylle because he plays a bigger game as well.  I wouldn’t sit Wennberg because of his defensive style and he’s a centerman.  So to me Vesey would be the odd man out if they want a more physical player in Rempe.  That’s just my opinion

• Keeps it 100 1

45 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

Great, I’m just looking for more toughness against a tough, physical, and at times dirty team.  I wouldn’t sit Cuylle because he plays a bigger game as well.  I wouldn’t sit Wennberg because of his defensive style and he’s a centerman.  So to me Vesey would be the odd man out if they want a more physical player in Rempe.  That’s just my opinion

I get that it's what you would do, and my response was "they aren't gonna do that", because they aren't. It doesn't mean your opinion doesn't have a logical POV behind it, I'm just saying it's highly unlikely Vesey sits.

Frankly at this point, it's more likely Kakko sits.

1 hour ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

Lav and Trouba have said that they're not going to change a thing to play more physically. I read this to mean that they want to let FLA get themselves in penalty trouble and feast on the PP. But who knows (except them)?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Ranger Lothbrok said:

Does anyone know if that story making the rounds about Sam Rosen has any truth to it?

https://www.reddit.com/r/rangers/s/AFnok4lRDq

Hasn't been substantiated anywhere that I've seen, but y'all got connections I don't know about. 

Haven’t seen it anywhere but he was probably trying to pronounce one of the players names and couldn’t 

hope he’s ok and it’s not true

Edited by siddious

3 hours ago, Pete said:

I get that it's what you would do, and my response was "they aren't gonna do that", because they aren't. It doesn't mean your opinion doesn't have a logical POV behind it, I'm just saying it's highly unlikely Vesey sits.

Frankly at this point, it's more likely Kakko sits.

I don't see that.  The whole point of putting Chytil in is to get some scoring from the 3rd line.  Kakko has always had good chemistry with Chytil.  If they were to play Chytil and Rempe I think Cuylle finds himself sitting for a game.  I think there is no way Goody, Wennberg, or Vesey sits.