• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECQF #3: Rangers @ Washington Capitals — Teeth Out III: Most Teethiest

BSBH Game Day Thread Logo

EASTERN CONFERENCE QUARTER FINALS
GAME #3 — 4/26/23

NYR Logo Reflection  vs. Opponent Logo Reflection

Time: 7:00 PM
TV: MAX, MNMT, MSGSN, MSG
Radio: 98.7 FM, 107.1 FM, 710 AM, Sirius XM

USEFUL LINKS:

Coverage: @NYP_Brooksie@StapeAthletic@ColinSNewsday@vzmercogliano@MollieWalkerr

Team Official: @NYRangersNYR on Instagram

Official Team Websites: nhl.com/rangersnhl.com/capitals

GameCenter - here

Series Preview - here

SERIES SCHEDULE:

Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 11.12.05 PM.png

NYR Logo

Team Leaders:

Goals:

Assists:

+/-:

PIM:

TOI/G (D):

TOI/G (F):

Eight of 'em (1)

Alexis Lafrenière(3)

Alexis Lafrenière, Mika Zibanejad, Vincent Trocheck (3)

Six of 'em (+2)

Braden Schneider (10)

Adam Fox (22:15)

Vincent Trocheck (21:22)

Starting Lineup:^

Chris Kreider A / Mika Zibanejad A / Jack Roslovic
Artemi Pınarın A / Vincent Trocheck / Alexis Lafrenière
Will Cuylle / Alex Wennberg / Kaapo Kakko
Jimmy Vesey / Barclay Goodrow A / Matt Rempe

Ryan Lindgren / Adam Fox A
K'Andre Miller / Braden Schneider
Erik Gustafsson / Jacob Trouba C

^Subject to change

Starting Goaltender:

Igor Shesterkin

GS:

REC:

SV%:

GAA:

SO:

2-0-0

Healthy Scratches:

Jonny Brodzinski, Louis Domingue, Adam Edstrom, Chad Ruhwedel, Zach Jones

Injuries, Suspensions, Misc:

Filip Chytil [LTIR]He is risen?

Blake Wheeler [LTIR] — Leg snapped like a twig; Out for season

Opponent Logo Reflection

Team Leaders:

Goals:

Assists:

+/-:

PIM:

TOI/G (D):

TOI/G (F):

Conor McMichael, Martin Fehervary, Dylan Strome, Tom Wilson (1)

Tom Wilson (2)

Tom Wilson (3)

Dylan McIlrath (+2)

Tom Wilson (12)

John Carlson (29:07)

Tom Wilson (19:58)

Starting Lineup:^

Alex Ovechkin C / Connor McMichael / T.J. Oshie A
Aliaksei Protas / Dylan Strome / Tom Wilson A
Max Pacioretty / Hendrix Lapierre / Sonny Milano
Beck Malenstyn / Nic Dowd / Nicolas Aube-Kubel

Martin Fehervary / John Carlson A
Trevor van Riemsdysk / Lucas Johansen
Alexander Alexeyev / Dylan McIrath

^Subject to change

Starting Goaltender:

Charlie Lindgren

GS:

REC:

SV%:

GAA:

SO:

0-2-0

Healthy Scratches:

Michael Sgarbossa, Ivan Miroshnichenko

Injuries, Suspensions, Misc:

Nick Jensen [DTD] — Upper-body injury
Rasmus Sandin [DTD] — Upper-body injury

Vincent Iorio [DTD] — Upper-body injury; Shoulder was dangling

Ethan Bear [IR] — Personal reasons; out indefiniteely
Nicklas Backstrom [IR] — Hip injury

QUOTE(S) TO NOTE:

“He’s having a tough time with the officiating. It seems like every time he hits somebody it’s been a penalty or suspension. It’s been a challenge to keep him playing the same way and understanding that being physical and playing on that edge are going to be staples of his game while avoiding suspensions and staying out of the box. When he’s playing, he’s a power-play net front, he has an impact on the game and his coaches are very happy with his leadership qualities and work ethic. It’s almost to a fault he’s the first one on and the last one to leave the ice every day. He’s a kid we’re really excited about."

— Jed Ortmeyer on Matt Rempe

GIF to TEETH OUT III:

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9529vu53zeuve3nzwjv2t1

Every time I read the Wheeler ‘snapped like a twig’ line I LOL.

Bring the blue lunch pails and get to work tonight. Dispatching these bitches in 4-5 games would be just what the doctor ordered. And the more we play them, the more it becomes apparent that there is less of a need to fight them. Why waste our fists? Score goals  on ‘em and the CAPs can’t afford to play dumb.

I expect WAS to come out with their hair on fire and maybe they will, but I see a slow old team unable to match with us anymore. 

#stepontheirthroat

• Bullseye 1

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I'm sure they aren't happy about that Panarin hit, even though I didn't think it was that bad. I'm expecting them to be out for blood tonight, plus it's basically a must win game for them. Beware shenanigans.

Yep, expecting them to come for Panarin. If we keep our cool and don't buy into their game plan, knowing these refs are calling everything, we let them try and kill them with the PP.

36 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

The playoffs haven’t even started for the Rangers yet. These are warm up games.

14 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I'm sure they aren't happy about that Panarin hit, even though I didn't think it was that bad. I'm expecting them to be out for blood tonight, plus it's basically a must win game for them. Beware shenanigans.

9 minutes ago, RangerDanger said:

Yep, expecting them to come for Panarin. If we keep our cool and don't buy into their game plan, knowing these refs are calling everything, we let them try and kill them with the PP.

This Caps team can ill-afford to get chippy.  God forbid they take a double minor or a (gasp!) a major....they're fucking done!  The Rangers will plant 3 goals in 5 minutes on their asses and it's over Johnny!

The Caps will just be asking for trouble playing like dicks.  And we'd be stupid to partake in that shit!  They fucking stink!  They're not even worth fighting...

The Rangers aren't gonna take any shit either.  This team isn't scared of Tom Wilson anymore, or Dylan McIlrath who still can't skate!!!  We have bigger, tougher players.  This is not your father's Rangers anymore, kids!  This team is built Ford fucking tough!

We roll tonight big!!  5-2...Bread pots a pair!

• Applause 2
  • Believe 1

Michael Sgarbossa and Ivan Miroshnichenko aren't real hockey players. You slipped those in didn't you? Fake names, like Biggus Dickus.

Hello, again, dreaded 2-0 series lead.

5 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

This Caps team can ill-afford to get chippy.  God forbid they take a double minor or a (gasp!) a major....they're fucking done!  The Rangers will plant 3 goals in 5 minutes on their asses and it's over Johnny!

The Caps will just be asking for trouble playing like dicks.  And we'd be stupid to partake in that shit!  They fucking stink!  They're not even worth fighting...

The Rangers aren't gonna take any shit either.  This team isn't scared of Tom Wilson anymore, or Dylan McIlrath who still can't skate!!!  We have bigger, tougher players.  This is not your father's Rangers anymore, kids!  This team is built Ford fucking tough!

We roll tonight big!!  5-2...Bread pots a pair!

You could be right, but I would still err on the side of caution, and just beware. They might think they're toast already and not really give a shit and just want to hurt somebody.

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Michael Sgarbossa and Ivan Miroshnichenko aren't real hockey players. You slipped those in didn't you? Fake names, like Biggus Dickus.

Hello, again, dreaded 2-0 series lead.

They have lost the last two series in which they've led 2-0. Still a long way from being over. lol

Edited by Sharpshooter

Rangers are going to have to be *very* good to get by Carolina and then they earn the right to face Florida.

Tonight would be a good night to score a bunch of goals and put the game away early on.

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

They have lost the last two series in which they've led 2-0. Still a long way from being over. lol

This Caps team is nowhere close to those Tampa and Devils teams. And we got the experience now.

If they blow this series lead I expect everyone on this roster to be traded or bought during the summer. And I mean EVERYONE.

• Bullseye 1

1 minute ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

This Caps team is nowhere close to those Tampa and Devils teams. And we got the experience now.

If they blow this series lead I expect everyone on this roster to be traded or bought during the summer. And I mean EVERYONE.

Oh, I know, just pointing that out. lol I really can't see that happening to this squad against this team, either.

Caps are going to have all the flashy lights and sirens going at some point before the game.

Then Rempe is going to score off of the opening face-off and the sobbing will begin.

4 minutes ago, JJ in VA said:

I thought the playoffs start when someone wins a road game ?    

Well then JJ, they start tonight because we're beating the shit outta these guys tonight!  I won't be surprised if we go 7 goals deep on these fucking fossils tonight!  😉

• Believe 1