• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#73) Rangers vs. Colorado Avalanche — Deflate Nate (Yeah I Know It's Corny AF)

19 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

I mean, when your one trick is scoring like 40 goals, it's kind of hard to get mad about it. I sometimes don't get how he simultaneously goes top 20 in goalscoring - the thing the game is about!! - and seems so invisible so often, but it is what it is.

If I told you Chris Kreider has 66 points, is a +21, and is currently 18th in goalscoring the league, would you believe that? Because it's all true.

The issue is people never let go of the idea that he should be a bruising power forward who hits everything that moves. He’s not that. He’s a skill player who is responsible defensively and has worked tremendously well with Zibanejad for many years. It’s been this way for a long time but folks just have trouble letting go of what their vision was for his career when he was 23.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

The issue is people never let go of the idea that he should be a bruising power forward who hits everything that moves. He’s not that. He’s a skill player who is responsible defensively and has worked tremendously well with Zibanejad for many years. It’s been this way for a long time but folks just have trouble letting go of what their vision was for his career when he was 23.

No this is just incorrect. Kreider doesn’t need to hit people, even though he could, he doest need to be faster than anyone, even though he could be, he doesn’t need to drive the net, even though he could.

He needs to stop being soft as shit, every shift. He lost every single board battle in the d zone last night, I counted. Yeah, he’s great in front of the net and scores there. Great. He does literally nothing else when he could and that’s what is a problem 

7 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

The issue I have with him is that he has two play levels.  When he is going hard he's one of the best forwards in the NHL.  When he is in conservation mode he's close to invisible.

What's not clear to me is what triggers the switch of modes.

4 minutes ago, Valriera said:

No this is just incorrect. Kreider doesn’t need to hit people, even though he could, he doest need to be faster than anyone, even though he could be, he doesn’t need to drive the net, even though he could.

He needs to stop being soft as shit, every shift. He lost every single board battle in the d zone last night, I counted. Yeah, he’s great in front of the net and scores there. Great. He does literally nothing else when he could and that’s what is a problem 

Skill players in general are “soft”. He’s not a power forward. He just isn’t. He’s not a team leading +21 because he stinks in the DZ. I’m speaking in generalities, and the season/his career as a whole. He hasn’t played his best hockey in the last few games, but it’s not because he doesn’t hit that much or max out effort with speed all of the time. It’s because his decision making with the puck has been shit during this stretch. Too many bad passes and turnovers. Not worried about that whatsoever. He’ll be fine.

Streak snappers!!!!

Puttin' on the big boy pants last night against what might very well be our opponent in the Finals.  It was just a matter of time before Georgie boy showed up.  He might be the only reason that team gets bounced this year.

As for his opposition; I think I've typed this so often, my keyboard can do it on auto-pilot now:  Igor was simply unbelievable.  That fucking guy is downright fabulous when he's cookin'!

Here are the Top 15 nominees for tonight's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT” sponsored by Web MD, when something snaps and it needs to be reset!!  Sorry Nate...but thanks for making us famous!

12 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

When did Georgiev get Trevor Lawrence hair?

11 hours ago, phillyb said:

Jack Johnson played for the Rangers?

where’s that obscure rangers thread?

11 hours ago, phillyb said:

Sam and Joe suckin Landesdong and MacKinnuts. 

11 hours ago, Dem said:

I have to watch the Avs broadcast. No one is slurring OR discussing who's related. This broadcast sucks!

11 hours ago, Dem said:

Holy shit, I think I have Sam Rosen Stockholm syndrome

10 hours ago, siddious said:

Damn! I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but Sam Rosen ain’t one. 

10 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

This period isn’t even 4 minutes old yet it began during the fucking Jimmy Carter administration. Very big staring contest so far.

10 hours ago, mbob said:

Hopefully Troch has had all the kids already, ouch right in the junk. 

10 hours ago, Karan said:

Not too worried, the Rangers will bounce back in the 3rd as Georgiev has worse staying power than the average teenage guy at a cheerleading practice.

9 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Rock out with your Kak out.

9 hours ago, phillyb said:

Kakko comfy behind the net. Can we verify with Sam that he’s not related to Gretzky?

9 hours ago, Valriera said:

Kreider slaps it with his pp

9 hours ago, knedragon said:

Whole team needs to put the Fish Bowls on 

9 hours ago, mbob said:

Foxes chin in the way 

8 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I was never good at math, but if you take the best record in hockey and add a win to it, you get...the best record in hockey.

It takes some getting used to, but I'm not worried at all about this team going into the playoffs.  We're there, kids, and what we're watching right now is a team that believes in themselves, their coach, and their system!

...and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Karan!  The chain is only as strong as it's weakest link, my man!  For a guy that has the most wins in the NHL, I would really be leary with him in a 7 game series.

As for us:  We're ready!

"The Rock says....BRING IT!!!"

The Rock Wrestling GIF by WWE

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • TroCheckmark 1
  • Applause 1
  • Believe 1

22 hours ago, Ozzy said:

We own these guys tonight!  Big road win!  Nate's home scoring streak gets snapped as well!

Trivia is Terry Carkner

Ok ....Carkner wasn't the answer...but come on...that's a good call on the streak snap!!! 

• Cheers 1
  • Applause 1

6 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Trocheck gets hit in the nuts and I coined it a Brocheck, didn’t get quoted. That’s quality cmon

Eric Cartman Lol GIF by South Park

I thought I quoted that one, my man...I must've clicked it twice and unchecked it....It was in there!

No worries, your power ranking reflects it in there!  😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Br4d said:

Imagine how bad the matchup would have been if Laviolette had to cover Wheeler and Bonino's lack of speed?

16 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Trocheck gets hit in the nuts and I coined it a Brocheck, didn’t get quoted. That’s quality cmon

Eric Cartman Lol GIF by South Park

Well done sir 

my comment to myself was “ finally one ranger who won’t be having a baby this season”

Edited by siddious
  • LMFAO 1

53 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Skill players in general are “soft”. He’s not a power forward. He just isn’t. He’s not a team leading +21 because he stinks in the DZ. I’m speaking in generalities, and the season/his career as a whole. He hasn’t played his best hockey in the last few games, but it’s not because he doesn’t hit that much or max out effort with speed all of the time. It’s because his decision making with the puck has been shit during this stretch. Too many bad passes and turnovers. Not worried about that whatsoever. He’ll be fine.

The issue is that he's not a skill player either. He has one dimension, and that is netfront.

He was atrocious in overtime. With 3 minutes left he had the opportunity to gain the blue line with speed and space and he stopped short of the blue line and back passed to Mika. Later in that shift, he blindly through the puck at the front of the net which resulted in a turnover right in the middle of the ice where Colorado went the other way. 

He's a player who should never have the puck on his stick. He should just use his stick to tip and whack at loose pucks. He's a disaster when he has the puck on his stick for more than a second.

• Bullseye 1

Something that may have been over-looked in this one:

Gotta credit Laviolette for calling that timeout right before we went on the power play that Kreider scored on.  Fucking GREAT (...not good),,,,GREAT move resting those guys after they had some scrambled shifts and that got everyone back to zero, before scoring that 2-1 goal.

Lavvy gets an assist on that one too, in my book!

That's coaching, baby!!!!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Keeps it 100 3

After watching last night's game, I don't understand why anybody is worried about who the Rangers are going to play in the first round. 

They can play with (and beat) any team in the league. 

• Cheers 1
  • Believe 5

31 minutes ago, Pete said:

After watching last night's game, I don't understand why anybody is worried about who the Rangers are going to play in the first round. 

They can play with (and beat) any team in the league. 

It's going to come down to will and puck luck like it generally does every year. Gotta have guts and an iron will to win. 

• Keeps it 100 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

The issue is that he's not a skill player either. He has one dimension, and that is netfront.

He was atrocious in overtime. With 3 minutes left he had the opportunity to gain the blue line with speed and space and he stopped short of the blue line and back passed to Mika. Later in that shift, he blindly through the puck at the front of the net which resulted in a turnover right in the middle of the ice where Colorado went the other way. 

He's a player who should never have the puck on his stick. He should just use his stick to tip and whack at loose pucks. He's a disaster when he has the puck on his stick for more than a second.

Each of those plays you mentioned almost led me to taking the TV off the wall and launching it across the fucking room.

Especially that drop back pass to Mika. It’s like guy, we all know you love Mika, but you’re allowed to play hockey too. Take the puck and use your speed and gain the zone.

I think right after that, Laviolette took them off the ice after the play was whistled down for an off-side.

I was genuinely confused as to what was going through Kreiders head.

Believe Toews was also his man when he got the pass all alone in front in the OT when Igor made a big save. Another moment in that OT that genuinely made you scratch your head as far as why he just refuses to move sometimes.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Applause 1

I’m also mixed love/hate with Kreider. There is no doubt he can do more defensively and physically.  If he wasn’t netting so many goals it would be easy to write him off. But he is effective on the penalty kill and he is netting goals, even coming through during much needed times so he’s a net gain as it stands. If he turns it up this playoff run with all aspects of his game, I’ll be just fine welcoming him back next year.  

• Applause 1

27 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Kreider is going to be good right up until the moment he is suddenly bad.

The second he loses his hand-eye coordination he becomes completely useless. 

2 hours ago, Br4d said:

Kreider is going to be good right up until the moment he is suddenly bad.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

The second he loses his hand-eye coordination he becomes completely useless. 

So true!  I’m a shell of hand eye coordination now, and hit the stage seeing is becoming much more difficult even with new glasses. F getting old but there are other great positives, just ask my wife 😂

• JIMMY! 1
  • ALEXIS! 1
  • Applause 1

10 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

I mean, when your one trick is scoring like 40 goals, it's kind of hard to get mad about it. I sometimes don't get how he simultaneously goes top 20 in goalscoring - the thing the game is about!! - and seems so invisible so often, but it is what it is.

If I told you Chris Kreider has 66 points, is a +21, and is currently 18th in goalscoring the league, would you believe that? Because it's all true.

Understood, and that's acknowledged.  Not mad at him, just frustrated.    All I have ever said is that he's soft.  For a 6'3" 235 pounder, he should secure more pucks and complete his checks.   His lack of open-ice puck handing is mind-blowing.   He's Mr. Hot Potato !

My hope is that he's holding back for an all-out Cup run of epic proportions.  Imagine if CK gave an extra 10- or 20% !   He'd be unstoppable, and so would his team.

With how tight the standings are at the top he's probably right.  I think the Rangers have something like a 20% chance to actually be the best team in the NHL right now.  That's a pretty good percentage to own.

9 hours ago, Pete said:

Does he have a no trade clause?  If not maybe we could seduce some team or other with his statistics.

9 hours ago, Pete said:

Totally agree, the only time he should have it on his stick is when he’s using his speed and body to shield the puck while crashing the net

• Keeps it 100 1