• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#73) Rangers vs. Colorado Avalanche — Deflate Nate (Yeah I Know It's Corny AF)

MacKinnons home point streak snapped. A gigantic fucking win. 5 points clear of the Atlantic leaders, 3 clear of Carolina with a game in hand. Just a ballsy, wild, championship level win against an elite team in a really tough building, and against the potential MVP favorite, keeping him quiet all night. Just a fucking monster game.

• Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1
  • Believe 1

7 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I was never good at math, but if you take the best record in hockey and add a win to it, you get...the best record in hockey.

True, also if you finish first, it means everyone finishes behind you. 

• LMFAO 1

Just now, Kick save and a beauty said:

Is it just me or did Chad Ruhwedel play a pretty strong game tonight?

He looked solid as hell made a couple of critical plays.

4 minutes ago, Kick save and a beauty said:

Is it just me or did Chad Ruhwedel play a pretty strong game tonight?

He and the entire blue line were huge. Ruhwedel is a pro and was a good add by Drury for the exact position we are in. Jones also had an outstanding game, notably the end and in OT winning a few puck battles. Schneider was great too.

15 minutes ago, Kick save and a beauty said:

Yep. This team has to bring that same intensity to these lesser games. Can’t take the foot off the gas now and go in with bad habits. There are 9 games there and the team closest to us in the standings is 20 fucking points behind us. Obviously I don’t expect every single one of the next 9 games to be Picasso’s. But again, you gotta win a good chunk of these, cement yourselves with home ice and go in with the right mindset.

If we go even 6-3 in these 9 games, Carolina would have to win out their final 8 games to catch us for the division. Same for Boston for the East, and same for Florida for the East also.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Applause 2

16 minutes ago, Kick save and a beauty said:

Agree with Vally, good opportunity to rest some banged up players. The next couple months (hopefully) are going to be a grueling war of attrition. Gotta go in with guys as healed up as possible.

Hopefully they can take seven out of the nine, six at worse.

I noticed that the Rangers gave actually given up the first goal in seven straight games, and are 6-1 in that span. Pretty damn good considering the competition and just in general.

• Applause 1

5 minutes ago, Karan said:

Agree with Vally, good opportunity to rest some banged up players. The next couple months (hopefully) are going to be a grueling war of attrition. Gotta go in with guys as healed up as possible.

I do too, but I’d want more clarity here first as far as the division and conference. But if we just play our game these 9 games and pick up 12 points, we’re going to be hard to catch for the division, the conference and also for the Presidents Trophy. 

Edited by RichieNextel305

17 minutes ago, Karan said:

Avs doing their best to keep Nate's streak going 😄

Man, their fans are going absolutely off the deep end over this. Scrolling through Twitter at work right now is pretty entertaining. They’re off the deep end.

I know they can ask the league to review it, but I don’t see how it gets changed. Lindgren put it in his own net. Pretty sure once that happens, the chain of who passed the puck to the initial shooter is eliminated.

• Bullseye 1

Wow.  No more superlatives required.   Marching on....

No home feed tonight so listening to the Avs TV crew was painful.   Some asshat team of Moser & Rycroft.   Homers x 10.   But, even they were riding Kreider hard.   At one point, Moser says "the player that just took a spill while "cherry-picking" was Chris Kreider!"

Kreider Watch:

G: 1  A: 0  -1  SOG: 3  Hits: 1   20:14

Poinyetta Meter:  9 out of 10.

CK proved to be his cherry-picking self.  The one-trick pony got his goal.  Yet, the succession of turnovers in both zones almost resulted in a loss.   He's the Bob Dole of playing hard.

2 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Yep. This team has to bring that same intensity to these lesser games. Can’t take the foot off the gas now and go in with bad habits. There are 9 games there and the team closest to us in the standings is 20 fucking points behind us. Obviously I don’t expect every single one of the next 9 games to be Picasso’s. But again, you gotta win a good chunk of these, cement yourselves with home ice and go in with the right mindset.

If we go even 6-3 in these 9 games, Carolina would have to win out their final 8 games to catch us for the division. Same for Boston for the East, and same for Florida for the East also.

Several of these games are against teams the Rangers will have no trouble getting fired up for:  Pens, Devils, Flyers, Isles twice.  I'm more worried about chirpy-ness and cheap-shots from opponents than about lackadaisical play from the Rangers here.

6 hours ago, JJ in VA said:

Wow.  No more superlatives required.   Marching on....

No home feed tonight so listening to the Avs TV crew was painful.   Some asshat team of Moser & Rycroft.   Homers x 10.   But, even they were riding Kreider hard.   At one point, Moser says "the player that just took a spill while "cherry-picking" was Chris Kreider!"

Kreider Watch:

G: 1  A: 0  -1  SOG: 3  Hits: 1   20:14

Poinyetta Meter:  9 out of 10.

CK proved to be his cherry-picking self.  The one-trick pony got his goal.  Yet, the succession of turnovers in both zones almost resulted in a loss.   He's the Bob Dole of playing hard.

I mean, when your one trick is scoring like 40 goals, it's kind of hard to get mad about it. I sometimes don't get how he simultaneously goes top 20 in goalscoring - the thing the game is about!! - and seems so invisible so often, but it is what it is.

If I told you Chris Kreider has 66 points, is a +21, and is currently 18th in goalscoring the league, would you believe that? Because it's all true.

• Believe 1

Ruhwedel was a careful conservative defender last night.  When he got the puck he worked it out of the zone with safe short passes.

A few of the Rangers better defenders should take note of how to pass north south to exit the zone instead of slinging it back and forth.