• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Playoffs — Who Do You Want/Don't You Want?

42 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

There are so very few, not only coaches, but people with the passion of that man!  Torts is still a guy I root for, even if it's "fuck the Flyers"!

Love his passion!  I wish it was available in a bottle!

NHL has the player assistance program.

Too bad Phil can't afford a parallel program for BSBH members. 🍻

• LMFAO 1

13 minutes ago, Phil said:

K, I lied. I wish they could play the Devils so I could watch this team stomp a mother fuckin' mud hole in that team.

It's not often you can work a team in all the fights and on the scoreboard. 

This is a special team. 

• Believe 3

Posted in Around the NHL. But huge game later on tonight in Raleigh. Boston and Carolina. Personally, would prefer to see Carolina win in regulation to get them to 103 (3 behind us) with same games and to leave Boston also at 103. A Boston win puts us right back to being only a point up for the top seed in the East, which is the preferred landing spot for us. And honestly, we deserve it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Posted in Around the NHL. But huge game later on tonight in Raleigh. Boston and Carolina. Personally, would prefer to see Carolina win in regulation to get them to 103 (3 behind us) with same games and to leave Boston also at 103. A Boston win puts us right back to being only a point up for the top seed in the East, which is the preferred landing spot for us. And honestly, we deserve it.

I was hoping the building collapses with both teams in it. 

8 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Doesn't matter if the Rangers take care of business vs. the inferior teams they have the rest of the season.  

Canes/B's have a rematch on Tuesday.  As long as the Bruins lose on Saturday vs. the Panthers, the Rangers should be in good shape for the #1 seed in the East.  

Bruins last 3 games @ Pens, @ Caps, Senators.  

Ideal situation would be B's win tonight, Rangers win tomorrow (open up 7 point lead on Canes), B's lose Saturday, B's lose Tuesday vs. Canes (Rangers could/should have 5 point lead on B's going into Tuesday night)

I want no part of Pittsburgh. The league will try to push Crosby through extra hard, knowing that core is on life support. The favoritism by the refs will put the Rangers down in an absolute tilting of the ice in Pittsburghs favor. 

And obviously Tampa as they seem to have the Rangers number and are red hot right now. 

• TroCheckmark 1

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I want no part of Pittsburgh. The league will try to push Crosby through extra hard, knowing that core is on life support. The favoritism by the refs will put the Rangers down in an absolute tilting of the ice in Pittsburghs favor. 

And obviously Tampa as they seem to have the Rangers number and are red hot right now. 

Penguins are just about done, they lose tonight they are toast.  Plus they have just about the toughest schedule down the stretch.

@ Caps, Lightning, @ Leafs, Wings, Bruins, Predators, @ Islanders  

41 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Penguins are just about done, they lose tonight they are toast.  Plus they have just about the toughest schedule down the stretch.

But if they win, they are in it as much as anyone else for 1 of the WC spots. It's basically a playoff game for them. They've been playing some really good hockey the last couple of weeks.

1 hour ago, Blue Heaven said:

They beat the Rangers. No reason they can't beat all of those teams.  

Hope you're right though. 

Edited by The Dude

Selected quotes from Dan Rosen

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-fan-mailbag-april-3

'...If the Rangers play the Capitals, Red Wings or Flyers in the Eastern Conference First Round they'll be heavily favored. They're 2-0-0 against the Red Wings, 3-0-0 against the Flyers and 2-2-0 against the Capitals, with games left against Detroit and Philadelphia. It might be tighter if they play the Lightning because of impact star players like Andrei Vasilevskiy, Nikita Kucherov, Brayden Point, Steven Stamkos and Victor Hedman, but the Rangers would be expected to win because of their depth. To that end, I'd be surprised if they didn't at least make it out of the first round and run into the Hurricanes in the second round. That's a too-soon-to-talk-about matchup.'

(skipping team ranks, you can go to link if you're interested) '...When a team is top 10 in that many statistical categories it's not at all a surprise that it consistently finds ways to win games like the Rangers have this season. They're not better than their stats. They're as good as them.'

9 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

But if they win, they are in it as much as anyone else for 1 of the WC spots. It's basically a playoff game for them. They've been playing some really good hockey the last couple of weeks.

They're up 3-0 on the Caps, end of two, and likely one point out of the wild card.

Update: make that 2 pts out of WC2 because NYI won.

Edited by RodrigueGabriel

The one thing potentially standing in the way of Rangers-Islanders is the 2 remaining games. Have to assume the Islanders likely need those 2 games. If they lose them, there’s a chance they don’t make it. And if we lose them, there’s a chance Boston jumps us for the top spot and we wouldn’t see WC2 regardless. It would take a little bit for it to actually unfold. It would be wild.

2 hours ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

Here's the episode:

The rant is at 20:50 and then they replay it at the end.

My god, Molly is crushing on Boyler so much that even I'm jealous 

I would LOVE to play the Isles!  Boyle ain't kidding!  They're fucking terrible.  They were lucky to handle Columbus last night.

We take them out in 4 straight....and it ain't even close!

12 minutes ago, PucksOnNet said:

All I want is to get the top seed in East (to avoid Tampa in 1st round) but I prefer we avoid the presidents cup. Dallas can have it.

Oh stop.  There is no President's Trophy jinx.  Its hard to win the cup.  The best team in the regular season doesn't always win it.