• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Trocheck Appreciation Thread

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

He was still a better and more complete player than Strome was.

Strome can’t win a faceoff to save his life, doesn’t kill penalties, and a stiff wind might knock him over.

And I’m a fan of Strome’s.

But he was an upgrade last year.

Hes an upgrade this year.

Hes an upgrade ever. 

I don't even understand why we're still talking about Strome.

Nobody complained about signing Trocheck over Strome on July 1. No one.

Last year Tro and Bread were oil and water so it was easy to wonder if they made a questionable choice. Now they found their chemistry. 

This year he became the player everybody said he would be last year (but wasn't), so why are we still talking about a guy who hasn't been here in two seasons?

Edited by Pete

25 minutes ago, Pete said:

Last year Tro and Bread were oil and water so it was easy to wonder if they made a questionable choice. Now they found their chemistry. 

This year he became the player everybody said he would be last year (but wasn't), so why are we still talking about a guy who hasn't been here in two seasons?

I was agreeing with you.

28 minutes ago, Pete said:

Why do you care is the better question?

Don’t see the harm in analyzing the move after some time has passed. Drury has had many moves not work out for him, and the decision he made between Strome and Trocheck is one in the win column. Big win.

• Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

7 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Why do you care is the better question?

Don’t see the harm in analyzing the move after some time has passed. Drury has had many moves not work out for him, and the decision he made between Strome and Trocheck is one in the win column. Big win.

Why do you care what I care about is the better question?

Your love affair with me continues. 

200' PAG centre, wins draws like Peter Zezel, the other team hates him and his cap hit is almost negligible.

I've never liked the guy, but he is incredibly valuable.

• Like 1
  • VINNY! 1
  • CK20! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, Dunny said:

200' PAG centre, wins draws like Peter Zezel, the other team hates him and his cap hit is almost negligible.

This reads like an oxymoron.

Reasons to dislike him despite all those reasons to like him are…? Fucked your wife while you were golfing?

1 hour ago, Dunny said:

This. He is vastly underpaid for what he's bringing this year. He's paid like the upgrade he was last year but performing at a level of a 7m+ center. He's one of the best bargains in the NHL.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dunny said:

He was the best contract in the league this year.