• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Trocheck Appreciation Thread

Guy looks like Freddy Mercury,  but he is playing like an Allstar.

He's doing everything. A true revelation of a player we all hoped the Rangers signed before last season. 

It didn't look like the best move by last seasons end. He really didn't click that great with Panarin. 

Somehow, someway  (maybe coaching or maybe Panarin is really playing THAT good), he's become the teams top performing center.  

He's playing a style of hockey that most fans have been wanting to see for years. He's a buzzsaw. He's involved in most every shift that he's on the ice. His faceoff ability is also a game changer. 

That contract sure looks great now doesn't it? 

I can't wait to see him do this in the playoffs. 

Panarin is having a great season himself, but nobody really talks about Trocheck and how important he is to the teams success. 

Thanks for all your daily effort sir. It is noticed and very much appreciated. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • VINNY! 1
  • Applause 3
  • Keeps it 100 1

You feel safe when he’s on the ice. He does all of the small things well, he’s a pest, and he also contributes on a line that is one of the very best in the league. He’s been awesome in every way possible all year.

Edited by RichieNextel305

Happy it all came together this year because last year, I wasn't so sure it was going to work out. Quietly one of the best on the team in many ways. The kind of guy that wins you Stanley Cups through his never give up attitude and effort. Love it. 

V-TRO for the win!

• Believe 1

You had Freddy murcury and you went with all star instead of “we are the champions” which is an odd choice but otherwise agree with everything.

guy would piss me off with some of his decisions last season but he’s been nothing short of perfect this year .

• Applause 1

Feels like he came in last season trying to prove to everybody he was worth that contract.

And he probably wasn't getting too much support from the coaching staff in terms of what his role was.

Complete opposite player this year. He's not chucking anymore. Have to take advantage of seasons like this, because it shouldn't be expected nor should anyone come down on him if he can't replicate it, let's just celebrate what he's doing right now. 

• Keeps it 100 1

19 minutes ago, siddious said:

You had Freddy murcury and you went with all star instead of “we are the champions” which is an odd choice but otherwise agree with everything.

guy would piss me off with some of his decisions last season but he’s been nothing short of perfect this year .

I honestly was trying to think of one like that. Dropped the ball on that one. Rushed the post.  

• LOL 1

He was always great signing and enormous upgrade. Just took a bit long to settle in. He by no means had a poor year last year. He just added another step this year. Also, put a lot of the injury concerns to bed thus far. Think of how good valued many of our contracts are. We have a 70-80 points 2C under 6m and a 30-40 1LW at 6.5m. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Keirik said:

He was always great signing and enormous upgrade. Just took a bit long to settle in. He by no means had a poor year last year. He just added another step this year. Also, put a lot of the injury concerns to bed thus far. Think of how good valued many of our contracts are. We have a 70-80 points 2C under 6m and a 30-40 1LW at 6.5m. 

*we have a 70-80 points 1C under 6m and a 30-40g 3LW at 6.5m 

I fixed it

• Keeps it 100 1

Just now, Valriera said:

*we have a 70-80 points 1C under 6m and a 30-40g 3LW at 6.5m 

I fixed it

cant agree with that but it is what it is. If you want to say 1 and 1/a that's one thing, but we aren't a top team in this league without Ziby and Kreider playing as much as they do no matter how much we might think otherwise

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

Panarin is having a career year because of Trocheck 

Nah. 19-20 he put up the same point per game pace with Strome. 

That line goes as Panarin goes. 

2 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

Flexing Hulk Hogan GIF by WWE

Blasphemy! Panarin has 11 more goals because of Trocheck!  

Sure. Just like he was "always a great signing" as he was mediocre at best last season. 🙄

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Sure. Just like he was "always a great signing" as he was mediocre at best last season. 🙄

Now keep in mind I didn’t have the DVR setup but I’m pretty sure the meeting with Drury went something like this:

Drury: What can you bring to our team?

Trocheck: I can make Panarin a 50 goal scorer.

Drury: Finally he might be worth his contract.  Here’s the checkbook, write a number. 

18 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

Now keep in mind I didn’t have the DVR setup but I’m pretty sure the meeting with Drury went something like this:

Drury: What can you bring to our team?

Trocheck: I can make Panarin a 50 goal scorer.

Drury: Finally he might be worth his contract.  Here’s the checkbook, write a number. 

So you're saying he negotiates with snarl? And you're making this claim without video evidence just to be right on the internet?

Edited by Pete

13 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

Exactly, you think it was only negotiated with speed but reality is the mustache added snarl

But is the mustache only on the perimeter? 

Just now, Vodka Drunkenski said:

Yes but I’ve heard it grows with speed incase it’s shaved 🍆

But again, can’t confirm since I didn’t DVR

If I hear it on a podcast I'll let you know. I'll make sure to provide transcription and time coding as well. 

• LOL 1