• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Trocheck Appreciation Thread

The canes reddit thread on him is free entertainment. Basically saying he's adopted our culture and become a different person.

My dears, he was a rat before you and he'll be a rat after us. But for now, he's our rat.

• VINNY! 5
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, torontonyr said:

The canes reddit thread on him is free entertainment. Basically saying he's adopted our culture and become a different person.

My dears, he was a rat before you and he'll be a rat after us. But for now, he's our rat.

I don’t know what their point is even if it were true. So what? He’s a stud in NYC. Deal with it

They should be more concerned with the fact they gave a 1st and 3rd to offersheet Kotkaniemi, gave him 5 mill per, and that decision made them cheap about re-signing Trocheck a year later. Kotkaniemi is on the 4th line and played less than 10 min in a 2OT game last night.

Edited by BrooksBurner
  • Like 1
  • Bullseye 1
  • Applause 1

12 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I don’t know what their point is even if it were true. So what? He’s a stud in NYC. Deal with it

They should be more concerned with the fact they gave a 1st and 3rd to offersheet Kotkaniemi, gave him 5 mill per, and that decision made them cheap about re-signing Trocheck a year later. Kotkaniemi is on the 4th line and played less than 10 min in a 2OT game last night.

They're trying to cope...I guess. lol A clown take, though. He's always been that way. They saw it first hand, and so did Drury in that bubble series, so he was just waiting to pounce once he became a free agent.

17 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

God that’s sweet music to my ears 

23 minutes ago, Valriera said:

Conn Smythe leader imo. Literally does everything. Eerie shades of Patrice Bergeron, yes that good this season and so far in the playoffs. 

But much more of a prick to play against.

• VINNY! 2

Posted (edited)

Not "always". Last season, he was ordinary, and worse in the playoffs. 

He's having a career year... Wouldn't expect him to duplicate it, just ride the wave. 

Edited by Pete
  • Keeps it 100 1

35 minutes ago, Keirik said:

This is why he was always a huge upgrade at 2c. Fantastic signing by Drury and worth every penny. 

Yup. Even last year he was head and shoulders above what Strome ever did, because he plays a complete game and Strome never did. 

• VINNY! 1

11 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Yup. Even last year he was head and shoulders above what Strome ever did, because he plays a complete game and Strome never did. 

No Way Sport GIF by NBA

• LMFAO 1

52 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Yeah. The faceoffs alone have transformed so many different situations. This year is just another level but last year was no slouch. He's just reached a level he has before, but with a bit more maturity and consistency now. 

Vincent Step-on-my-Tro

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

2 hours ago, Pete said:

No Way Sport GIF by NBA

He had moments last season where yes he was head and shoulders above strome.

there were also times where I remembers saying I wish we had just kept Strome.

this year it’s not even close. Career year? Yea probbably. But if he puts up anything similar going forward he was absolutely the right signing. 

• Keeps it 100 1

4 minutes ago, siddious said:

He had moments last season where yes he was head and shoulders above strome.

there were also times where I remembers saying I wish we had just kept Strome.

this year it’s not even close. Career year? Yea probbably. But if he puts up anything similar going forward he was absolutely the right signing. 

It was always the right decision. 

He just wasn't always good. Last year he was average at best. There's nothing wrong with acknowledging that, as he has already done so. 

This year's a different story.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

It was always the right decision. 

He just wasn't always good. Last year he was average at best. There's nothing wrong with acknowledging that, as he has already done so. 

This year's a different story.

Fair enough

And rightfully so New York’s not always an easy place to get Accustomed to playing in

• Keeps it 100 1

At the time, Trocheck probably had the 2nd best year of his career last year. He was a monster at faceoffs. Played all situations. Gets chippy and in your face. Forechecks well. The production was roughly the same as what they were getting out of Strome, but had all that extra stuff thrown on top. There were projections for the first year production to look more like what he did this year, based on the fact he was already a really good player without Panarin, unlike Strome. He fell short of those projections last year, but he was still a better overall player than Strome. The fact the gap between the two widened so significantly this year doesn’t mean it didn’t exist to begin with.

• LMFAO 1

4 hours ago, Pete said:

Not "always". Last season, he was ordinary, and worse in the playoffs. 

He's having a career year... Wouldn't expect him to duplicate it, just ride the wave. 

He was still a better and more complete player than Strome was.

Strome can’t win a faceoff to save his life, doesn’t kill penalties, and a stiff wind might knock him over.

And I’m a fan of Strome’s.

But he was an upgrade last year.

Hes an upgrade this year.

Hes an upgrade ever. 

• VINNY! 1