• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#66) Rangers @ Tampa Bay Lightning — Mika Mid March

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Oh shit. Maybe I’m thinking of another game?

Im off kilter man. I’m sick as a dog this week. Fucking norovirus, lol.

I'm saving this as an NFT of the first time Richie got a Ranger fact wrong.

I own this NFT now. Somebody send me some Bitcoin for it.

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 1

1 minute ago, BrooksBurner said:

Philly, Detroit, Islanders...and I really don't want to play Philly either because I know Torts would turn that into a 6-7 game series with at least 3 1-0/2-1 double OT games. Asshole. I miss him.

If I had to choose I’d go Philly actually because at least they’re not the best talent wise. Isles have plenty of vets and that team always comes to play the rangers. 

toronto, Tampa, Carolina Boston and Florida are all equally hard.

I doubt Detroit makes it 

Just now, siddious said:

If I had to choose I’d go Philly actually because at least they’re not the best talent wise. Isles have plenty of vets and that team always comes to play the rangers. 

I doubt Detroit makes it 

I want the Isles. Fuck them! I think the Rangers would dunk on them pretty easily. Maybe a sweep.

However, if they happened to lose to them that'd probably embarrassing enough to push a couple of moves over the line this summer.

Win-win.

If they lost to Tampa, they'd just go into the summer saying ah well, they're recent two time Cup winners for a reason 😒

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

Seriously.

He should be wearing a letter on this team probably more so than Panarin. 

Over the guy with 88 points and has carried the team offensively the entire season? 

OK. Sounds good. 

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

I hate agreeing with you. I fucking hate it so much. I hate it more than I hate you. 

J/K

I don't hate anything more than I hate you. 

So don't agree with me then, and stay wrong forever. Your call

• LMFAO 1

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

I'm saving this as an NFT of the first time Richie got a Ranger fact wrong.

I own this NFT now. Somebody send me some Bitcoin for it.

I actually just looked. I got the game right, but for some reason I thought we hit a bit of a wall after the game.

My mind, in my old age…

Lol.

2 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I want the Isles. Fuck them! I think the Rangers would dunk on them pretty easily. Maybe a sweep.

However, if they happened to lose to them that'd probably embarrassing enough to push a couple of moves over the line this summer.

Win-win.

If they lost to Tampa, they'd just go into the summer saying ah well, they're recent two time Cup winners for a reason 😒

I’d like to say “we can beat the isles easily” but you never know which rangers team is going to show up. 

3 minutes ago, Scott said:

Over the guy with 88 points and has carried the team offensively the entire season? 

OK. Sounds good. 

Not about that. I don't think Panarin cares about the letter. Vesey not only does a ton of post game stuff, he also does the pre game stuff, too. Panarin has done one interview all season. 

I just think it would mean more to Vesey than Bread. 

But if you want to swap in anyone else, Kreider barely does them either, and when he does them he's salty and Mika does them often enough but he's just sad most days. 

I don't see Fox or Goodrow do a ton. Trouba and Tro are always there. 

But I think VZ is showing he really is a leader on this team. A little bit extra recognition for a guy down the lineup never hurts. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

we beat ourselves, it should’ve been 3-0, 4-0 lead for the rangers.  Then they started playing stupid and turning pucks over instead of making the simple play

Ive Seen This One GIF by MOODMAN

• LMFAO 1

51 minutes ago, siddious said:

I doubt Detroit makes it 

46 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Win-win.

Best wild card is probably going to be Tampa with how far they are out of third.  Unless the Rangers finish with more points than the Panthers or Atlantic winner, Lightning are probably who the Rangers will get in the first round.

Deja Vu all over again, fellas!  Where have we seen this before?  Oh that's right 2 years ago in the playoffs!

Up 2-0 and Panarin in on a 2-1...decides to try to force a pass and comes up with dog shit.  Then Jonny Brodz totally fucks the duck, and gives Tampa the life they needed with not 1, but 2 of the worst turnovers since Ronald McDonald said, "Let's put some apple filling in that shit!".  One of these days we're going to learn to put these guys away!

Yes, Virginia, a great lesson to be learned here tonight!  And here are the Top 18 nominees for tonight's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by ITech, makers of the Fishbowl every Ranger will be wearing come the playoffs!

13 hours ago, phillyb said:

This team has been in our way more times than Alec Martinez has scored on Hank. I hate this fucking team. 

13 hours ago, Abe Froman said:

Breadman and My Cousin Vinny

13 hours ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

Whouba?

13 hours ago, Pete said:

There's no way I wouldn't be calling Perbix "pubics" if I were playing against him. 

12 hours ago, Dem said:

Perbix sounds like treatment for a yeast infection

12 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Brodzinski just assured that Rempe will be back in the lineup after his suspension. 

12 hours ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

From completely controlling the game to brodzinski 

12 hours ago, Scott said:

Welp. Whole different game after Brodzinski's turnover and then Lafs penalty completely turning the momentum. Uphill battle since then. 

12 hours ago, Keirik said:

Jack....with the ripper!

12 hours ago, Pistol Pete said:

Can anyone recall a time when the announcers said, “Chris Kreider in first on the forecheck.”  That was the highlight of that shift!!

11 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

LAF will be fine. Lindgren? Him too. Just went to the locker room for mouth replacement. Won’t miss a shift. 

11 hours ago, phillyb said:

I'd rather the fucking Isles get into the playoffs than TBL. And I'll take my beating too. I fucking hate this team. FUCK

11 hours ago, knedragon said:

Next game the whole team needs the fish bowls on ! 

11 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

This one is on Rempe. His suspension forced Brodzinski into the lineup 

11 hours ago, Scott said:

When they go to Vesey first post game you know they grabbed their ankles. 

11 hours ago, Pete said:

I hate agreeing with you. I fucking hate it so much. I hate it more than I hate you. 

J/K

I don't hate anything more than I hate you. 

11 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

So don't agree with me then, and stay wrong forever. Your call

10 hours ago, Dem said:

I read in the hockey news that Point likes gums n rugs

I heard you in my head, Big Daddy @Keirik!  I knew we had the chance again to bury these fucks, and it went by the board.  Needless to say the result was the same!

6 fucking points for Point, and 5 for Kuchie-Koo!  Lots of crazy plays and yet a pretty entertaining tilt to say the least!  The winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Scott

If Vesey is up first in the postgame, chances are the final score isn't going to look too promising to us!

Edited by Ozzy
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • VINNY! 1
  • Applause 1

Was at the game. never showed a replay on Cullye's penalty. At 1st blush looked like a BS call to make in a tied game. Was a bit bizarre one of the refs was working his 1000th game and both teams him a signed jersey with 1000 on it during the pregame. 

Jones looked OK; Brodzinski and Miller, well, not so much. In fairness Brod has been out for a few games and Miller looked great last game. 

Lots of talk before this game how Trouba being out is no big deal and Rempe is a circus act. Guess again on both. Need to have some bite. Felt like the Bolts got very comfortable in the offensive zone in a 3rd period. 

Schedule maker is a real bastard. Pretty much playing this Saturday/Sunday and then a game every other day. 

Ryan Lindrgren was attacked by a grizzly bear and then  struck by a semi on I95, expected to play vs. Pens. 

Tampa does a great job putting on a game. Haven't been to many arenas, but ones of I have been to, only Vegas is better. 

Edited by Bugg
  • LMFAO 1

2 hours ago, delneggs said:

No.  They quit.  Saw it with my own eyes.  

Well, that’s one way to look at it. From one set of eyes.

Quite a few others saw a team playing its 3rd game in 4 nights against a team playing its first game since over the weekend, and a game that was critical to them even making the playoffs.

I’m not making excuses for them when they lose. Or when they have a bit of a stinker. But, I think one thing we can try and excuse from our vocabulary for now regarding this team is that they’re quitters. They didn’t quit. Did they execute? No. Were bad decisions made? Absolutely. But to say they quit, again, is a bit extreme for a team that has played as hard as they have over the most recent stretch.

• Keeps it 100 1

Rangers got beat more than they lost the game last night.  I agree with the analysis that Panarin screwed the pooch by not shooting first and trying to force a pass.  That said, 3 games in 4 nights against a rested team seemed like a really good effort to me.  In a playoff scenario TB would have lost this game.  The rangers played well enough to win - had they not I don't think Laviolette would have pulled Igor with over 3 minutes to go at the end.  Tampa stepped on the gas when the Rangers were running out of gas - I don't think TB can do that in a playoff series when both teams are equal in rest and intensity.  Trouba and Rempe on the ice probably would not have made a difference in this game.  The lesson from this game - welcome to the playoffs.  Time to practice playoff style hockey especially against the Penguins - great teams bury bad teams. The Penguin game will be a true test to see if the Rangers can lift their game to playoff level hockey or if they will go to sleep looking at the Islander game the next day.  I'd take a lopsided win over the Penguins over a close game with the Islanders regardless of the rivalry.

Edited by Steve

7 hours ago, Bugg said:

Was at the game. never showed a replay on Cullye's penalty. At 1st blush looked like a BS call to make in a tied game. Was a bit bizarre one of the refs was working his 1000th game and both teams him a signed jersey with 1000 on it during the pregame. 

Jones looked OK; Brodzinski and Miller, well, not so much. In fairness Brod has been out for a few games and Miller looked great last game. 

Lots of talk before this game how Trouba being out is no big deal and Rempe is a circus act. Guess again on both. Need to have some bite. Felt like the Bolts got very comfortable in the offensive zone in a 3rd period. 

Schedule maker is a real bastard. Pretty much playing this Saturday/Sunday and then a game every other day. 

Ryan Lindrgren was attacked by a grizzly bear and then  struck by a semi on I95, expected to play vs. Pens. 

Tampa does a great job putting on a game. Haven't been to many arenas, but ones of I have been to, only Vegas is better. 

I'm sorry but in no world does Trouba and especially Rempe make a difference in this game unless they went out there and hurt someone. 

Over a seven game series, I would tend to agree with the physical component. But not last night. Irrelevant.