• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#64) Rangers vs. New Jersey Devils — Payin' to Watch Hughes Lose Again

Arguably the two best played games/wins of the season for the Rangers, back to back.

Might have something cooking with the new faces in the forward group - not just the trade deadline, but Rempe has also been a massive boost for that 4th line.

• Bullseye 1
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1
  • Believe 2

31 minutes ago, RangersLEETCH said:

Yeah, absolutely correct he’s gotta learn to control his temper. He’ll learn because now I’m worried he has such a huge effect on the ice! 
Ranger Ed 

I don't think his temper was involved at all. He was just trying to hand out a hit and got his arm up.  He is already half a foot taller than most everyone, so he has to really try to keep those arms down.  

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Zib was dangerous with and without the puck all night. Was getting to the middle at will.

Nice little confidence boost against a bad team, but one playing for pride and the playoffs. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Believe 2

2 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Arguably the two best played games/wins of the season for the Rangers, back to back.

Might have something cooking with the new faces in the forward group - not just the trade deadline, but Rempe has also been a massive boost for that 4th line.

Trouba not with Miller could be a part of that too. Schneider is playing really well. Miller looks a bit more poised in the offensive zone,  but still does some dumb shit in his own end with the puck. Seems a bit more "on" with his poke checks though. 

There wasn’t much doubt about the outcome of this game, until the last couple of minutes. Thanks Vinny settling things down. They’ll need to play better tomorrow and they will. Good night everyone….

Half this board: we need a guy like Tom Wilson used to be

Also half this board, when we get one: No, not like that.

You take the player with all the warts and this guy has single handedly made the entirety of the Devils his bitch in the only two games he’s played them. Do you want him or not?

I’ll take him 10/10 times. Hopefully he learns to control his size. I don’t care if he does, he has a massive impact on every game he’s played as a sixth round draft pick. Did I mention he can play hockey too? Checks all the boxes. You don’t need to like violence to understand that when you are a player like this, you are on the line and sometimes over it. Who cares, kids a legend and has random people from Missouri talking to me about hockey. 

Troubas complaints I can understand even though I don’t agree bc he hits ppl with their head down. These guys are staring right at Rempe when he hits them and he’s just an unstoppable force. 

Edited by Valriera
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

2 minutes ago, Valriera said:

You take the player with all the warts and this guy has single handedly made the entirety of the Devils his bitch in the only two games he’s played them. Do you want him or not?

I’ll take him 10/10 times. Hopefully he learns to control his size. I don’t care if he does, he has a massive impact on every game he’s played as a sixth round draft pick. Did I mention he can play hockey too? Checks all the boxes. You don’t need to like violence to understand that when you are a player like this, you are on the line and sometimes over it. Who cares, kids a legend and has random people from Missouri talking to me about hockey. 

He can do what he does without taking a 5-minute penalty in a close game against the division rival where you need the two points because you're going into Raleigh tomorrow night. 

This isn't an either or conversation. Both things are true. He needs to play with an edge, but he needs to play within the rules or pick his spots better. 

Edited by Pete

2 minutes ago, Valriera said:

I agree mostly, but lets not also forget that this behavior, come playoff time against much better teams, will likely cost us dearly. I think its good that he will hopefully learn before the real season starts.

2 minutes ago, mbob said:

How quick is the league on misconduct suspension rulings? Will we have Rempe tomorrow?

Just now, phillyb said:

I think they get a decision in before the next game. 

He is technically already suspended until Bettman/DPoS decides next steps.

That's what happened last time he got a major and a game misconduct

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mbob said:

How quick is the league on misconduct suspension rulings? Will we have Rempe tomorrow?

You'll hear tomorrow. 

If the Department of Player Safety determines that any Supplemental Discipline from an infraction will result in five games or less or a fine of more than $5,000, the hearing is conducted by phone.

If the infraction might require a suspension of six games or more, the offending Player is offered the opportunity to an in-person hearing. In this case, the Player remains suspended until the hearing takes place. If the Player waives his right to an in-person hearing, the hearing will be conducted by phone.

https://www.nhl.com/news/player-safety-questions

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Valriera said:

Troubas complaints I can understand even though I don’t agree bc he hits ppl with their head down. These guys are staring right at Rempe when he hits them and he’s just an unstoppable force. 

nm

Edited by skunkman