• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#64) Rangers vs. New Jersey Devils — Payin' to Watch Hughes Lose Again

19 minutes ago, delneggs said:

I don't think his temper was involved at all. He was just trying to hand out a hit and got his arm up.  He is already half a foot taller than most everyone, so he has to really try to keep those arms down.  

It looked intentional I will say that.. I understand they were driving him to react… for the most part I thought Rempe played great.. he’s young and has got to learn to just skate away. We need ya Rempe! He makes a clear difference for the Rangers and is difficult to move away from the goalie when he posts himself in front of the net. You definitely got a point about his height and his elbows hitting players shorter then him.. Yeah Rempebis almost 7’0 tall on skates! Yikes! 
Great win Rangers!!! 
Ranger Ed 

13 minutes ago, Keirik said:

I agree mostly, but lets not also forget that this behavior, come playoff time against much better teams, will likely cost us dearly. I think its good that he will hopefully learn before the real season starts.

I didn’t think you would see him in the playoffs either way

• Bullseye 1

19 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

The way he makes a goalie go blind?

He deserves to be in the playoffs! They just need to duck tape his elbows to his body!

This is where I get confused with opposing players and fans. Remove the hit tonight, because that was stupid. I’m talking about the hit two weeks ago on Bastian. These fans of other teams all ridicule him because “all he does is fight.” But then you have this, from MacDermid, talking about a code and how he should have answered the bell. For what? A hit that the league looked at and deemed wasn’t suspension worthy? So anytime he hits someone he has to answer the bell? Because of the code? And then when he does answer it, all he does is fight. But when he doesn’t and he tries to play, he’s a punk?

It can’t be both. Pick a lane, stay the fuck in it.

I get that the hit tonight was bad and likely will (and should) end up with a suspension. But to come out first shift and look for him, and for him to turn you down and then you get on him about the code? Give me a break. I’m not saying don’t pursue it. If he wants to go, good. If not, raincheck. But don’t give me this shit about the code about a clean hit from 2 fucking weeks ago. Want to be mad at anyone about the Bastian situation? Be mad at the training staff and whoever was responsible and let him come back into that game to get his ass flattened again on another clean hit from Trouba.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Applause 2

32 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

I think if he continues to do the things he’s done these past two weeks he’s definitely going to be in the playoff lineup game 1.

• Bullseye 1
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

2 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

This is where I get confused from opposing players and fans. Remove the hit tonight, because that was stupid. I’m talking about the hit two weeks ago on Bastian. These fans of other teams all ridicule him for because “all he does is fight.” But then you have this, from MacDermid, talking about a code and how he should have answered the bell. For what? A hit that the league looked at and deemed wasn’t suspension worthy? So anytime he hits someone he has to answer the bell? Because of the code? And then when he does answer it, all he does is fight. But when he doesn’t and he tries to play, he’s a punk?

It can’t be both. Pick a lane, stay in it.

I get that the hit tonight was bad and likely will (and should) end up with a suspension. But to come out first shift and look for him, and for him to turn you down and then you get on him about the code? Give me a break. I’m not saying don’t pursue it. If he wants to go, good. If not, raincheck. But don’t give me this shit about the code about a clean hit from 2 fucking weeks ago. Want to be mad at anyone about the Bastian situation? Be mad at the training staff and whoever was responsible and let him come back into that game to get his ass flattened again on another clean hit from Trouba.

Is MacDermid a tough guy?

He looks like a little boy next to our stud!

3 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

This is where I get confused with opposing players and fans. Remove the hit tonight, because that was stupid. I’m talking about the hit two weeks ago on Bastian. These fans of other teams all ridicule him because “all he does is fight.” But then you have this, from MacDermid, talking about a code and how he should have answered the bell. For what? A hit that the league looked at and deemed wasn’t suspension worthy? So anytime he hits someone he has to answer the bell? Because of the code? And then when he does answer it, all he does is fight. But when he doesn’t and he tries to play, he’s a punk?

It can’t be both. Pick a lane, stay the fuck in it.

Best part is this guy wasn't even on the team when it happened... Rempe doesn't need to answer to McDermid. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Keeps it 100 1

2 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I think if he continues to do the things he’s done these past two weeks he’s definitely going to be in the playoff lineup game 1.

Depends on opponent. Flyers or Isles, yes. 

• Keeps it 100 1

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Best part is this guy wasn't even on the team when it happened... Rempe doesn't need to answer to McDermid. 

Fucks sake, this.

Rempe can just laugh in his face and say "You're only here because they're scared of ME."

• Like 1
  • LMFAO 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

He can do what he does without taking a 5-minute penalty in a close game against the division rival where you need the two points because you're going into Raleigh tomorrow night. 

This isn't an either or conversation. Both things are true. He needs to play with an edge, but he needs to play within the rules or pick his spots better. 

Yeah. The edgier he is, the smarter he's going to have to be. There is technique and judgement for how to level hits. Rempe is so freakishly tall that there are some hits that he just can't pull off without delivering a headshot. He has to learn what those are and avoid them, or he is going to sit a lot more than he plays, likely costing the team in the process.

• Keeps it 100 2

15 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

Fucks sake, this.

Rempe can just laugh in his face and say "You're only here because they're scared of ME."

Exactly.

Again, I’m not trying to sound like an asshole here. I see both sides. And I would be furious if MacDermid elbowed someone in the head too. Not defending Rempe for tonight. It would make no sense to.

But what the fuck man? We’re going to go back to 2 weeks ago now on a hit that the league said was fine? So he has to answer every hit he lays out, which pours gasoline on the “aLL hE DuZ iZ FiTe” crowd. And when he doesn’t, you whine about him not answering the bell for a clean hit that happened before you were even on the team? Christ.

Again, pick one lane. Stay in that lane. These people make no sense.

Edited by RichieNextel305

For the record: I am NOT related to Kappo Kakko! 

Nice looking 2 points tonight for the Blue Crew.  Quick comes up big when we needed it most and the rest of the squad had the Devils pretty much silenced for most of the game.

A Mika showing, a Rempe Eclipse and we're up 2 on these guys before The Rempire struck back stupidly.  A great major kill by the boys to pick up their new pal, to not make it make a difference.  Here are the Top 12 nominees for tonight's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”:

3 hours ago, phillyb said:

Immigration saving us from facing Allen. 

3 hours ago, Scott said:

Sam is razor sharp and all over this, did you know they aren't related?

3 hours ago, mbob said:

Sam broke, someone reboot him!

2 hours ago, siddious said:

See just gotta shit on Zib and he scores 

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Zib says "fuck all y'all." 

2 hours ago, torontonyr said:

Now I can die in peace 

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Fotiu looking like Philip Drummond these days. 

2 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

Nobody pays to see Jack Hughes PK

2 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

Rempe just blocking Cockonen like a full solar eclipse

2 hours ago, Dunny said:

Oh well, we can put the other 6'9 mutant in.

1 hour ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Troinsurance- when you need protection, “I gotch’ you!”

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

We can have nice things if a mustache is involved

I think our boy is gonna be shining a seat with his ass for a few games, but up to that point, he was a menace out there!  Fuck it...He's learning on the job, and that shit's gonna happen.

Laff had a yet another beauty of a setup for a disallowed goal, and dung another laser off the pipe.  That 3rd line is going to be a force with Wennberg;  I like Wenny!  He's got good vision and backchecks like a madman!  ...and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @mbob Bob!  Fucking Sam...sometimes I just have to shake my head with the shit he comes out with!

Let's do it again tomorrow, boys!

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Bullseye 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Applause 2
  • Keeps it 100 1

Pretty much a must have two points to give us a little more breathing room going into the Carolina game. Four point lead is better than two. It's great to see this roster getting rounded out, and he it just feels like a cohesive unit. The depth is really good. Someone like Jones, who I've been mostly down on, has been quite good this year overall. He was someone I thought for sure was going to be gone at the trade deadline.

With Kahkonen on the Devils now, hopefully one day we can see Kaapo Kakko score on Kaapo Kahkonen.

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Like 1