• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#58) Rangers @ Philadelphia Flyers — Tenner on Torts

Phil

Just now, torontonyr said:

Kudos to Rempe for not backing down but hope this doesn't continue for him. He shouldn't have to answer the bell each game.

This whole, "oh, you're a 4th liner? welcome to the league" bullshit is getting old, but whatever. 

Rempe gets challenged to a fight.  Each player gets 5 minutes for fighting.  Where is the instigator penalty?  Rangers should be on a power play.  Rempe needs to stay and keep on keeping on, maybe get even more aggressive with opponents that bump Igor and run at Fox.  Once he serves this one he needs to be on the ice with whoever bumped Igor last.  And wtf with this coverage?  The Rangers are on a 9 game winning streak and all I hear is how the Flyers are doing????

Just now, phillyb said:

This whole, "oh, you're a 4th liner? welcome to the league" bullshit is getting old, but whatever. 

Yeah the other guys are asking for it. He's lumping some of the tougher guys in the league. I think the players will notice n not be as apt to challenging him

• Keeps it 100 2

3 minutes ago, torontonyr said:

Kudos to Rempe for not backing down but hope this doesn't continue for him. He shouldn't have to answer the bell each game.

He has to answer the bell each game until he cleans somebody's clock.

Then his dance card will get much less full.

• TroCheckmark 1

3 minutes ago, torontonyr said:

Exactly…. What is he supposed to do when challenged already during warm up? This is ridiculous and I hope sticks around in the NHL….

It's what he's here for, trying to run people over with his size, that's his game.  Not sure he won't continue to be challenged.  Teams with any kind of sack aren't going to let him take runs without challenging him. I don't get the he shouldn't have to..... plus he seems to have no issue with it and totally plays into it. Although this one I believe left both with a wicked headache and some nice size welts on their faces.

Edited by Scott
  • Keeps it 100 1