• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#58) Rangers @ Philadelphia Flyers — Tenner on Torts

Phil

Messier has it right on this end of game talk.  the 4th line adds pound-and-ground, bottom 6 playing well.  All gives room and opportunity to the top 6.  Rempe Rempe Rempe!!!!  Breaths life into the team by playing hard, physical and as time goes by mean.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Enjoying my Ashton imported Cigar!
That felt like a playoff game! 
what a great week for Rangers fans ! 
Beat ICELANDERS Sunday 

Beat the  Schumucks  Thursday 

Beat the filthy delphia Flyers Saturday 

WAY TO GO RANGERS! 
REMPE scores his first NHL goal and looks like a kid smiling !! Awesome stuff 

Igor the stuff of legends! 

Well my heart goes out to the islanders, Devils and Flyers fans so sorry we beat you guys this week don’t cry things will get better  … Better luck next time…

Now bend over and take it like you should! HAHAHAHA!!!!!! 
LGR 

RANGER ED

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dem said:

REMPE rules!!! Don't change a damn thing. This team is rocking. No trade deadline bs rentals giving up our future. Can't friggin wait for the playoffs!!!!!!

Still want an upgrade at 1rw. Vesey not there for there.

• Like 2
  • VINNY! 2
  • Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, Kevin said:

Still want an upgrade at 1rw. Vesey not there for there.

If you upgrade 1RW then Vesey goes back to 4RW and likely Rempe goes back to Hartford.  Maybe Edstrom.  In either case you really did not upgrade at RW.  You took the scariest checking line in the NHL down a notch.

• Keeps it 100 1

3 minutes ago, Br4d said:

If you upgrade 1RW then Vesey goes back to 4RW and likely Rempe goes back to Hartford.  Maybe Edstrom.  In either case you really did not upgrade at RW.  You took the scariest checking line in the NHL down a notch.

plus nothing seems to ever upgrade with pairing at 1rw. I’d be good acquiring someone that can be depth I think. I wouldn’t argue getting a true 1rw, maybe we lose something going the other way that keeps the bash line in tact. I’d hate to trade Vesey or Kakko though. 

Edited by mbob

18 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Exactly. You bring someone in, who goes. I think this team is whole right now. 

• Bullseye 1

45 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Describes most Torts teams.

Nothing about Torts teams is ever “sneaky”

They play hard and nasty

They are physical

They defend well

Thats the definition of modern, straightforward hockey. 

Sorry I had to miss this one! What a story Rempe has been, and Igor is so on. He came close to scoring? Going into Philadelphia and playing a team that's exceeded expectations is huge. Best true team hockey they've played all year, even considering that hot start.

40 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Right now I think it makes sense to get talent at top 6 RW and matchup play 2 of Vesey/Edstrom/Rempe based on opponent. Edstrom has been good, but Rempe has lit the world on fire after dousing it in gasoline and laughing while he does it.

It’s also a really good thing to have depth on the bench who was tough to take out of the lineup. Injuries happen. Streaks happen. Different opponents happen.

Edited by BrooksBurner
  • Like 1
  • Bullseye 1
  • Cheers 2