• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#58) Rangers @ Philadelphia Flyers — Tenner on Torts

Phil

A perfect 10 in a row, gang!!!  

There were some great things in this game; it was hard fought on both sides.  Both teams put it all out there.  Both goalies were really great, but let's just call a spade a spade here:  This game was all about Rempe
!!

What a battle with Delauries!  That was one for the ages!  In 2 games, this kid has gone toe to toe with 2 of the roughest guys in the league and beat them both up pretty handily!

And here are the Top 15 nominees for today's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Bo Derek...the last "10" I can remember!

3 hours ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Rempe has more fights in 1 week than Reaves had in a season and a half. 

3 hours ago, phillyb said:

The only trick I have up my sleeve is telling people to eat shit at opportune times. 

3 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

What happened with that ref and Farabee? No sound where I am.

3 hours ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

Making dinner plans

3 hours ago, Br4d said:

I just can't believe the Rangers have 2 6'7" forwards on top of Will Cuylle.  I feel like I've been waiting my entire life to view this spectacle!

3 hours ago, siddious said:

Was a time? 

team slogan is actually “no height in New York”

3 hours ago, RangersLEETCH said:

I’m watching the game with a friend of my fathers who hasn’t watched hockey too much and saw that fight. They showed the Philadelphia Flyers player face and this guy said oh look he has a birthmark… I said “that’s no birthmark sir that’s a Ranger birthmark he gave to the flyer player.”

LGR!!

Ranger Ed 

2 hours ago, Dem said:

Rangers have hit more posts than Ron Jeremy

2 hours ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

I wonder if rempe is tall enough to reach over the glass and slap a flyers fan

1 hour ago, Dem said:

I finally agree w my wife after 32 years. I have missed both goals in the game cause I was pissing, IM DRINKING TOO MUCH lol

1 hour ago, Pete said:

JFC Rempe... I'm going to have to see my doctor if this doesn't go away. 

1 hour ago, siddious said:

Fox should win an Oscar for how he sells those high sticks 

1 hour ago, knedragon said:

Rempe hat trick , goal - fight - going through the end boards to sit with the fans = priceless 

1 hour ago, mbob said:

Great game, great streak, great belly ache from too many donuts 

1 hour ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

I would’ve paid Rempe to punch Trouba if the Flyers scored there

That was a rough one today up in Philly.  We had to know Torts was gonna have those guys amped up, and especially in front of a home, daytime crowd, on National TV no less.

I wouldn't worry about Rempe, boys.  This is what having a new enforcer is like.  They like to do this, and the kid is having the time of his life!  Reminds me of when Tie came down the pike all those years ago! 

Scary thought for the day:  He's fucking 21 years old!  Do you know what this kid is going to look and play like when he's 25 and "fully" grown, having been trained & working out for 4 more years??? 

...and the winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Pete, who may have found a new cure for ED:  Watching Rempe highlights!

Ring the bell, kids...That 10!!!

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • LMFAO 1
  • Applause 2

15 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Right now I think it makes sense to get talent at top 6 RW and matchup play 2 of Vesey/Edstrom/Rempe based on opponent. Edstrom has been good, but Rempe has lit the world on fire after dousing it in gasoline and laughing while he does it.

It’s also a really good thing to have depth on the bench who was tough to take out of the lineup. Injuries happen. Streaks happen. Different opponents happen.

The only guy out there who looks like enough of an upgrade to mess with chemistry right now is Tarasenko.

The problem with adding him is that the core sat around last year and waited for Tank and Kane to make the difference against the Devils.

That will not happen with Vesey at 1RW and the Kidz on the 4th line.

• Applause 1

1 minute ago, lefty9 said:

I still miss a Torts 

Will always be one of my favorite coaches. He had the Flyers ready for this one. The Rangers faced their best and the kitchen sink on the road and managed to pull it off. Playoff like setting, you'll take it.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Will always be one of my favorite coaches. He had the Flyers ready for this one. The Rangers faced their best and the kitchen sink on the road and managed to pull it off. Playoff like setting, you'll take it.

His teams are usually ready to play 

16 minutes ago, lefty9 said:

I still miss a Torts 

He’s just great.

He’s just such a hockey coach.

And he’s really good too.

I hope before he’s done he wins another Cup. Or at least has another run at one.

• Cheers 1
  • JIMMY! 1

His Mom sounds cool.  91 and watching every shift.   

Real nice win.  Liking this team a lot.  Go get #11.   

Sammy "The Pivotman" Ersson wins the circle jerk award.   Next up: Blue Bonnets     

LGR  

• Phil unpinned this topic

There's a lot of hand wringing over this team because of the past few years and that lull they had in December/January.  BUT this is a damn good team and in my opinion getting better.  They don't have the super stars that get all of the press but they have talent and depth up and down their lines; and incredible depth in goal.  They are playing with a lot of confidence right now and it's fun to watch.  I hope it continues - Rempe and Edstrom add a dimension to this team that has been missing for a long time.  That line of "oak trees" is going to have an even bigger impact as time goes on because opponents are going to stop challenging Rempe.  I can't imagine how many players are wanting to go to the box with a huge welt on their head from a punch.  Every dimension of the Ranger game will be impacted by those 2 guys.  Imagine Rempe or Edstrom on the power play standing in front of the net while Kreider and Zibanejad do their thing.  They are going to create havoc for other teams and goalies.

Just watched the highlights on Youtube and Panarin got a forklift and moved somebody from the side of the net to behind the goal line late in the game when things were unsettled in front.  The guy was about 3 inches taller than him and Bread was quick to move away after that but he definitely moved him when he had too.

That's what being on a 9 game streak will do to you.

On 2/25/2024 at 2:07 PM, H-Dreamer said:

It's been over a decade and it still feels like the Coaches went to the wrong bench, every time we play the Flyers this season.

Funny because I always think of lavs as the isles coach And he hasn’t been there in ages.