• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Blake Wheeler Out for Year

7 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Might want to watch getting your family friend in trouble for violating HIPAA laws. Do appreciate the insight but probably not worth putting it out into the online world.

Fair enough, good point. I meant to say total hearsay on my part and will do so going forward.

Too bad for Wheels, hope he heals up soon.  If I were GM, I would bring up Othmann and give him a shot right now for at least 5 or 6 games and see what he can do with Mika and Kreids before giving up any assets for a RW.  Johnny B has solved the 3C issue in my mind and along with Cuylee and Kakko make a solid 3rd line.  If Othmann can fill 1RW, they have all they need except maybe a depth piece or two.  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

I'd leave Othmann and the rest alone right now.  Unless there's a wild, unforeseen travesty, he stays right where he is. 

We have everything we need right here, and that includes Edstrom.  That big bastard stays right here! 

The Tank is the last piece of the puzzle.  For you guys that thought we brought in too much last season, I would think you guys would be in favor of that.

Fuck Henrique...I want Tank, and I ain't trading anything more than a 4th rounder this year for him, otherwise Ottawa can blow me!  Simply put!

Edited by Ozzy

1 hour ago, jsm7302 said:

Might want to watch getting your family friend in trouble for violating HIPAA laws. Do appreciate the insight but probably not worth putting it out into the online world.

then you might not want to quote him 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:
  1. I wouldn't touch Panarin/Tro/Laff
  2. Get Tank cheap for CK and Zibby, 
  3. Roll with Jonny Brodz as 3C.
  4. Also keep Edstrom.  That guy's an animal on the boards!
  5. Prosper!

That's the real silver lining.  I thought RW was more of a priority than center.  Now it is.  I'm ok with Tro at 2C. 

• Cheers 1

Brooks reports Wheeler is out for the rest of the regular season. Tough break for him. Guess time will tell if we go deep enough if a comeback is possible but I would guess unlikely. Even if he could come back, by then, there may not be a spot for him to be honest.

Hope the recovery goes well.

Edited by RichieNextel305

• Phil changed the title to Blake Wheeler Out for Year
1 minute ago, leetchy2 said:

Interesting how most of our slowest forwards are now gone (Bonino, Pitlick, and Wheeler). Is Goodrow next, lol?

Goodrow is probably one of the toughest players on the team.  He's not going anywhere except the Cup Finals, my man!  😃

• Like 1
  • Believe 1

38 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Brooks reports Wheeler is out for the rest of the regular season. Tough break for him. Guess time will tell if we go deep enough if a comeback is possible but I would guess unlikely. Even if he could come back, by then, there may not be a spot for him to be honest.

Hope the recovery goes well.

Sorry to see him go out like this, seems like a real classy player. Hope this isn't the end for him and he can catch on with some other team next season. 

For Trouba to say that leads me to believe this was as bad as it looked. My guess is Wheeler went into this likely thinking he had a year or 2 left to play. And for this to happen now, at this stage and where he is at, is the rehab to get back even worth it at this point? Not many elite teams are going to be looking to sign a player at his age coming off a major leg injury. So if he is looking to win, this may have been his last chance. So I do have a lot of sympathy for him, because if that’s how he goes, it’s a very brutal and unfair way to go.

7 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

For Trouba to say that leads me to believe this was as bad as it looked. My guess is Wheeler went into this likely thinking he had a year or 2 left to play. And for this to happen now, at this stage and where he is at, is the rehab to get back even worth it at this point? Not many elite teams are going to be looking to sign a player at his age coming off a major leg injury. So if he is looking to win, this may have been his last chance. So I do have a lot of sympathy for him, because if that’s how he goes, it’s a very brutal and unfair way to go.

He can still get his name on the cup this year...

25 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

He can still get his name on the cup this year...

Regardless of if he does or not, I don’t think anyone really wants their career to potentially end the way his may have last night.

Edited by RichieNextel305

5 hours ago, Scott said:

Wheeler with a fractured leg according to the team who was tending to him on the stretcher. As of last night the team Dr's at first glance were saying done for the season.

I wish him the best in his recovery and post Rangers career.

Damn. Dude took it pretty well.  Tried to get up twice. I'd think such an injury would have someone writhing in pain laying on the ice. 

Guys a fuckin warrior. Hope he's back in time for the playoffs. Need big bodies that are willing to park infront of the net. 

11 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Regardless of if he does or not, I don’t think anyone really wants their career to potentially end the way his may have last night.

His career was pretty much over anyway. Im sure this was his last year of playing. He looked cooked