• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Blake Wheeler Out for Year

1 minute ago, Albatrosss said:

I’d argue that that chemistry is being made happen by Cuylle and Krappo’s work 

Man, I'll be honest, I don't care how chemistry happens. I care that it keeps happening.

If Nick Fotiu could slap on skates tomorrow and make sure Kreider and Zib keep having games like yesterday, I won't care that he's spending half the game on an oxygen tank, recalling stories about the time he met Shoeless Joe Jackson. I just care that this team gets the shot it deserves at winning a cup and, ideally, bringing it home so we can stop talking about 1994.

• LOL 1

5 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

I’d argue that that chemistry is being made happen by Cuylle and Krappo’s work 

Definitely good things happening there.  If Brodzinski is ok as 3C that's a line worth playing.

24 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I really don't want Henrique anymore.

1. Phil hates him

2. I don't know if he really is the solution for us

3. I'm liking Jonny Brodz in there and I think he's ready to take on the playoffs.

4. I'd rather have RW that makes Zibby and Krieder a force again

5. I don't really have a #5, but I hate even numbers on lists!

I'd add this:

Henrique isn't dethroning Mika. Nor is he dethroning Vinny. So he's coming in as the 3c, max. In Laviolette's current third line construction, that 3c has to be a north-south guy who loves to play on the boards and crash the net. Bonus points - this shit works in the playoffs.

That ain't Henrique. It's Boone Jenner.

• Keeps it 100 1

10 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

I'd add this:

Henrique isn't dethroning Mika. Nor is he dethroning Vinny. So he's coming in as the 3c, max. In Laviolette's current third line construction, that 3c has to be a north-south guy who loves to play on the boards and crash the net. Bonus points - this shit works in the playoffs.

Boone Jenner is the dude we need

Fuck Henrique 

54 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

I'd add this:

43 minutes ago, Flynn said:

Fuck Henrique 

Jenner would be ideal.

But Jenner is supposedly unavailable.

Perhaps maybe that changed though as they just axed Jarmo yesterday.

But then there’s JD stepping in as the interim. 
Does he want to make deals himself knowing that he’s just the placeholder?

And does he want to make a deal with Rangers given the events of a couple years ago?

1 hour ago, LindG1000 said:

I'd add this:

1 hour ago, Flynn said:

Fuck Henrique 

Jenner's the guy. No Doubt!  I don't think they're trading him, and I don't think a #1 alone is gonna do it.  So I'm backing off Jenner, unless something crazy happens.  I really don't think Henrique is the fix any longer.  The Fix looks to me like it's going to be a RW that can shoot, score, and mix well with them.  Tank has a track record here and it's pretty good!

I'd stop fucking around and get that shit done as soon and as inexpensively as possible....then again, I have that same mentality when it comes to doing Jager shots at the bar too...But it works!!!

After watching Zibby and CK explode last night, after Wheeler went down, it kinda gave me the hint that maybe...just maybe that's the ticket.

26 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

Jenner would be ideal.

And does he want to make a deal with Rangers given the events of a couple years ago?

Shhh phil will hear you 

1 hour ago, RangersIn7 said:

Jenner would be ideal.

I sure as shit can't speak to the last one, but the bolded...he may be the placeholder but he's also the dude who hires the replacement.

14 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

I sure as shit can't speak to the last one, but the bolded...he may be the placeholder but he's also the dude who hires the replacement.

Oh for sure.

And as that guy, does he want to move a major or significant piece off the roster as he’s in need of that replacement?

Do those candidates want to go there as much if that piece is gone?

And does he want to navigate a deadline where he’s making multiple or significant moves while at the same time searching for a new GM?

Just putting it out there as potentially impactful variables in the equation.

12 minutes ago, leetchy2 said:

Do we call up Othmann for a few games to see what he can do on RW with Zib and Kreids?

Move Lafreniere to RW on the CK-MZ line and put Othmann on the right of Panarin and Trocheck.

1 minute ago, Flynn said:

Wonder if Jarmo getting canned makes Jenner more or less of a pipedream 

JD was just on the Jeff Marek show and was pretty emphatic about Boone Jenner not being traded. So I think we can all cross that off the wish-list for now. I didn’t see it as a deadline deal anyway. That is more of a down the road type of thing I would imagine.

I don't get the point of hanging on to him (my desire for the Rangers to acquire aside). He's 30, they are absolute dogshit on the ice and they don't exactly have a roster that screams "lets hang on to a team leader whose played his best hockey already". 

2 minutes ago, Flynn said:

I don't get the point of hanging on to him (my desire for the Rangers to acquire aside). He's 30, they are absolute dogshit on the ice and they don't exactly have a roster that screams "lets hang on to a team leader whose played his best hockey already". 

Because Jenner doesn't want to leave.

Wheeler with a fractured leg according to the team who was tending to him on the stretcher. As of last night the team Dr's at first glance were saying done for the season.

I wish him the best in his recovery and post Rangers career.

Edited by Scott

The injury was a blessing in disguise.  Not wishing any further pain on Wheeler but he was one of the Ranger's likely vulnerabilities in the playoffs.

Yes, he got a few goals and assists but he was generally behind the play or caught betwixt and between and those issues get worse in the playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1