• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#51) Rangers vs. Tampa Bay Lightning — Cap Is Back

Phil

Huge win. Largely impressive performance especially defensively. Really limited Tampa after Tampa started the game buzzing. Gives us breathing room of 6 points in the division (Carolina does have 2 games in hand). Hopefully Colorado can come out angry tomorrow and beat them up and keep the lead at 6 points with us walking into Chicago on Friday.

NOW….

Quick or Igor?

The plot thickens.

A very good problem to have.

This game reminds me of one certain thing.

In the playoffs, there is no home ice advantage for the Rangers, as far as the refs are concerned. Plus, the refs do not put the whistles in their pockets to let the boys play. Its all ticky tacy bullshit penalties. 

It's always going to be an uphill battle. 

9 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Shesterkin has not been good and Chicago is not very good. That could be a game Igor gets to try and get his confidence back. Interesting decision to make. Personally I'm sticking with Quick until he has a stinker.

Quick's been great.   Let Igor get well vs Hawks. 

Looks like we're back to playing Lavvy hockey.  A really strong defensive effort by the boys tonight, getting some contribution from the bottom 6.  It's becoming the "norm" to mention Quick and yet another very strong outing. 

I still wanna see more shooting, especially from Mika and Foxy but anyway, here are the Top 8 nominees for tonight's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Winnebago, the camping choice of @Albatrosss Simon!

1 hour ago, Dem said:

I wanna play too but my wife's not in the mood

1 hour ago, knedragon said:

Oh look , 25 passes and not 1 shot on net !

1 hour ago, Keirik said:

Polish sausage! 

1 hour ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Wow you can actually score when you shoot the puck right away.  Who knew

1 hour ago, Dem said:

Panarin body check alert. Must be a full moon

54 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Kreider would rather sell his sister to a whorehouse than drive to the net. 

45 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Well...Boucher had to mention a goose egg, this Flyer motherfucker. 

21 minutes ago, VegasRanger said:

Finally a score.  Thought I was watching Swan Lake for a bit

Pretty nasty scene with Sergy going down.  Really felt bad for the guy, after just coming back. 

Other than that, a pretty good effort, with Laffy getting even more chances.  One day, those are gonna go in; hopefully the playoffs is where the odds even out! 

A big thanks to Boucher for putting the fucking whammy on Quick, mentioning the "goose-egg"...Fucking douche!

Our winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @Bugg, who earned his 3rd win of the season!  Kreider's just saving it for the playoffs, my man!  ...Yeah right!  😉 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So my son took me to the game tonight. We and half of our section missed Brodz’s goal because some slut decided to get up, and her whole row had to also get up and let her through to go to the bathroom in the middle of a play. Couldn’t wait for the whistle. 
Then we didn’t exactly see what happened to Sergachev because it happened on the near boards. MSG did not show a replay. We were clueless so the guy in the row in front of us called his wife who was watching at home to find out what happened. 
If it wasnt for the kids, I’m not sure i want to go to games all that much. At least you know what’s going on and can always rewind if you missed something. 

good game though 

14 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

So my son took me to the game tonight. We and half of our section missed Brodz’s goal because some slut decided to get up, and her whole row had to also get up and let her through to go to the bathroom in the middle of a play. Couldn’t wait for the whistle. 
Then we didn’t exactly see what happened to Sergachev because it happened on the near boards. MSG did not show a replay. We were clueless so the guy in the row in front of us called his wife who was watching at home to find out what happened. 
If it wasnt for the kids, I’m not sure i want to go to games all that much. At least you know what’s going on and can always rewind if you missed something. 

good game though 

So you could say going to games piss you off?

Edited by phillyb
  • LMFAO 1

1 hour ago, Albatrosss said:

good game though 

One of our best friends recently took over the head EMT job at msg. He was one of the guys that came out behind the stretcher. Apparently Sergachev is believed to have broken his tib/fib. Pretty gruesome, the TV broadcast wouldn't show it in slomotion once they relieved how severe it was. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Albatrosss said:

Yes

and lines to the bathroom piss me off. 

The old MSG where you could go into the men’s room both to the left and to the right is where there were never any lines for the men’s room. Somehow, they renovated the building and somehow made it smaller. The new MSG is awful.