• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#51) Rangers vs. Tampa Bay Lightning — Cap Is Back

Phil

10 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Maybe it’s just me, but man, Kreider looks like he’s playing at like 20% tonight. Woof.

Tonight? This is who he is.

We have people complaining about a point per game two-way center because he's "not generating enough at 5v5" but nobody looks at his line mate who constantly checks in at 50% effort every night. 

• Bullseye 1

Just now, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Just tuned in so I have t seen much. Up 2-0 I assume we look good?

Not a bad 1st but not a good one. Tampa definitely dictated the tempo. We look like we have jump, but that first Tampa had more; first game after the break. But the second, we really played well defensively. Limited them in SOG. Definitely outplayed them in the 2nd.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Tonight? This is who he is.

We have people complaining about a point per game two-way center because he's "not generating enough at 5v5" but nobody looks at his line mate who constantly checks in at 50% effort every night. 

It’s just so blasé. Pucks he can easily clear he just takes the laziest way out, it was a very rough period to watch him. Not that I don’t agree with what you said. I do. But on full display tonight IMO.

5 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

It’s just so blasé. Pucks he can easily clear he just takes the laziest way out, it was a very rough period to watch him. Not that I don’t agree with what you said. I do. But on full display tonight IMO.

Yeah, we're seeing the same thing. There were multiple times during the first period where he was within two or three strides of a puck carrier and rather than apply back pressure, he just coasts, as if the defense will be forced to make a bad play because he gave them a his resting bitch face. 

6 minutes ago, fletch said:

here’s hoping for a boring period of solid hockey, with the lightning leaving with nothing but some time in manhattan 

Well...Boucher had to mention a goose egg, this Flyer motherfucker. 

• Bullseye 1
  • VINNY! 1