• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

8 Early Trade Deadline Targets for Rangers

RichieNextel305

4 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Per Emily Kaplan, names she’s heard either linked to the Rangers or (in Kevin Hayes case) a name that may make sense provided he’s available:

-Adam Henrique (ANA)

-Jack Roslovic (CBJ)

-Kevin Hayes (STL)

-Yanni Gourde/Jordan Eberle (SEA)

-Anthony Duclair (SJ)

Fast forward to the 3:19 mark for talk on the trade deadline possibilities.

Same names we've all heard. 

1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Yep. Only newer one was Roslovic. Hayes we’ve heard murmurs on.

Kevin Hayes is pointless as a 3c. This would be akin to history and chasing names as opposed to the actual roster needs.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

10 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Kevin Hayes is pointless as a 3c. This would be akin to history and chasing names as opposed to the actual roster needs.

Yup.

Big body. But not very physical and he’s not good defensively. 

No thanks

4 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

Yup.

Big body. But not very physical and he’s not good defensively. 

No thanks

FWIW, Kaplan said that the Rangers are concentrating on team speed, which is why Bonino was let go. And that was a tough organizational decision. So hearing that, I wouldn’t think someone like Hayes would be a fit here. Even at 50% retention.

But we shall see. It’s been the same names out there for a few weeks now so we know who’s out there. Just a matter of finding the right deal and fit.

Edited by RichieNextel305

I feel like I can almost guarantee that the Rangers take a flyer on Kevin LaBanc. NY native. He was a healthy scratch for a bunch of games and now as we’re getting closer to the deadline he’s playing with some better players.  It’s also been reported that both his agent and Grier are looking to move him. He’s unrestricted at the end of the season. Maybe a 4th rounder gets it done? I don’t really like him much but he can shoot. He might be a decent addition to try on Zibs right wing at a relatively low cost.

• Keeps it 100 1

7 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I feel like I can almost guarantee that the Rangers take a flyer on Kevin LaBanc. NY native. He was a healthy scratch for a bunch of games and now as we’re getting closer to the deadline he’s playing with some better players.  It’s also been reported that both his agent and Grier are looking to move him. He’s unrestricted at the end of the season. Maybe a 4th rounder gets it done? I don’t really like him much but he can shoot. He might be a decent addition to try on Zibs right wing at a relatively low cost.

I wouldn’t give anything for Labanc. That’s a future consideration type acquistion

On 2/14/2024 at 10:07 PM, jsm7302 said:

Labanc, Sharks working together to find fresh start
https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2845349

Might be a good deal to be had here.

8 minutes ago, Kevin said:

He has never cracked 20 goals and to be put on a line that doesn't shoot enough. That concerns me.

3 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I wouldn’t give anything for Labanc. That’s a future consideration type acquistion

Maybe if there’s no interest at all from the rest of the league. I think some team would offer something low though.

3 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

He has never cracked 20 goals and to be put on a line that doesn't shoot enough. That concerns me.

He’s not a guy that I would take a chance on to plug him onto the 3rd or 4th line. I don’t think he’s got the defensive feel for the game to be in that spot. 

I’d much rather just about every other option here but it just feels like it’s going to happen to me.

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

He's a league minimum "prove it" contract this summer. I'm not giving a single asset for him, either.

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

Maybe if there’s no interest at all from the rest of the league. I think some team would offer something low though.

Great. My offer is a conditional seventh. As in, Rangers make the second round, it's a seventh. Otherwise, nothing.

29 minutes ago, torontonyr said:

What if I told you there's a winger in Russia with NHL experience who we could all imagine in a Rangers jersey.

His name rhymes with crapstoff

.....still searching for puke emoji....🤮

The Rangers should do a study based on who wants to ditch cap/salary at the deadline and see if any of the players in that category help the team significantly for the playoffs and moving forward.

There's no reason we have to be a buyer if there are teams who really want to sell.  Much better to be in that market because futures expended are likely to be low/non-existent.

Why not Sammy Blais for nothing?

UFA after the season. 1 mill cap hit. 

Excellent depth piece. Guy that is built for the playoffs. Just need to temper the expectations and use him as a 4th liner/extra forward or your emergency top 6 RW. I mean, you COULD try him with 20/93 as per last seasons plan. But I really would want him for depth and playoff experience. 

1 goal 6 assists in 43 games and 9:37 of icetime on a shit Blues team are horrible numbers. No goals in I think last 40... Again. Beggars can't be choosers. Looking for lightning in a bottle. 

It couldn't cost much more than a 4th or 5th rounder, or a nothing prospect. 

Edited by The Dude

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Why not Sammy Blais for nothing?

UFA after the season. 1 mill cap hit. 

Excellent depth piece. Guy that is built for the playoffs. Just need to temper the expectations and use him as a 4th liner/extra forward or your emergency top 6 RW. I mean, you COULD try him with 20/93 as per last seasons plan. But I really would want him for depth and playoff experience. 

1 goal 6 assists in 43 games and 9:37 of icetime on a shit Blues team are horrible numbers. Again. Beggars can't be choosers. Looking for lightning in a bottle. 

It couldn't cost much more than a 4th or 5th rounder, or a nothing prospect. 

I’d run it back with Blais if the price was right.

Kid just was unlucky here, first with that injury, and then last year he couldn’t catch a break and clearly wasn’t all the way back. 

The day is inching closer. I'd be surprised if we didn't splash before deadline day; the more time to acclimate the better. However, how do you change things up when you're on a 7 game heater?

Cmon Chris.....get Tarasenko back here for a 2025 second and Zac Jones.

1 hour ago, jsm7302 said:

The day is inching closer. I'd be surprised if we didn't splash before deadline day; the more time to acclimate the better. However, how do you change things up when you're on a 7 game heater?

Cmon Chris.....get Tarasenko back here for a 2025 second and Zac Jones.

I wacthed Tank last night against Tampa;  He scored off a nice rebound from Brady.

We can get Tank for a lot less than a 2nd and a Player.  He probably won't need more than next year's 4th rounder.  He's no more than a rental, I think at this point, J.

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I wacthed Tank last night against Tampa;  He scored off a nice rebound from Brady.

We can get Tank for a lot less than a 2nd and a Player.  He probably won't need more than next year's 4th rounder.  He's no more than a rental, I think at this point, J.

I watched a lot of this game too. Tarasenko is fine but man, I want Matthieu Joseph on this Rangers team. Very impactful.

• Like 1