• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Recall Johnny Brodzinski and Adam Edstrom From Hartford

RichieNextel305

Brodz was bad during the last call-up.  Not looking forward to seeing him Center line 4 unless he's a better back-checker than he looked then.

It's such a shame, the game before we get Fox back and send Jones packing we wind up losing a decent defensive checker and replacing him with a 30 year old AHLer.

1 minute ago, Br4d said:

Brodz was bad during the last call-up.  Not looking forward to seeing him Center line 4 unless he's a better back-checker than he looked then.

It's such a shame, the game before we get Fox back and send Jones packing we wind up losing a decent defensive checker and replacing him with a 30 year old AHLer.

He played 9 minutes in 1 game.

Hes looked fine for them every other time he’s been up .

1 minute ago, RangersIn7 said:

He played 9 minutes in 1 game.

Hes looked fine for them every other time he’s been up .

He was -1 with 66.7 OZ starts.  Not to mention he was obviously slow getting back on the goal against.

49 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Rangers are back to accruing cap space for the deadline.

I guess they wanted a look at what Edstrom could do up close. Probably gives him a little morale boost to know that he's envisioned as a next man up. He's been getting top six minutes in Hartford. Go back and keep doing good work.

Vince comment post sending Edstrom down.

6 hours ago, jsrangers said:

Can never get passed Brodz being 30 years old with only ~100 nhl games played and under 10 goals to date. He stinks, he not an NHL regular especially on a top team. He trys, he can skate, he's got that lil'motor that won't quit, doesn't change the end result. He was on the 3rd line in practice today, no bueno. They will need to make a better move than that and I'm sure Drury lost some sleep over it last night. I'm also sure he wasn't sleeping great with the way KK was playing and knowing Wheeler was plugged into the top line RW.  I'd bet Drury had his eye on the long game and was in no huge rush especially with as many points that they've been stacking , but that long game might have gotten a little shorter in a hurry.

The funny part is he's leading the AHL in points. 11 goals and 25 points in 16 games. He's Sidney Crosby down there.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

The funny part is he's leading the AHL in points. 11 goals and 25 points in 16 games. He's Sidney Crosby down there.

He's a man playing among early 20's not quite good enough for the NHL down there.  He knows what he has to do every night to come out on top and the competition is weak enough that he can get it done on a nightly basis.

There are athletes in every sport who bloom for a bit late in their careers but it is a rare phenomenon because the economic incentives are such that if they had that they usually showed it much earlier.

Edited by Br4d

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Yes, but not on the third line. Same as Bonino. 

Ideally… no.

But this is not ideal as it’s the result of injury and a flat cap.

No choice really.

But Brodz is playing great hockey right now in the A and he’s earned the opportunity so let’s see what he does. 

14 hours ago, The Dude said:

I mean, Bailey is STILL out there as a FA. Can anyone explain why? Yes he was overpaid,  but the regular stats look fine over the years. 

I had no idea he was a FA, just assumed he was still with Islanders.

Maybe he demands too much money, but I wouldn't say no to Bailey for close-to league-minimum. Can play C and RW which we need.

• VINNY! 1

9 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I had no idea he was a FA, just assumed he was still with Islanders.

Maybe he demands too much money, but I wouldn't say no to Bailey for close-to league-minimum. Can play C and RW which we need.

He's listed as C/LW... I'm not sure he ever played the right side. 

Just now, Valriera said:

Sad that brodz didn’t do much last night the tree is ripe for him

I'll give him a few more to get adjusted to the Lavvy System, Val.  Foxy was getting re-adjusted as well.  I'll give them a few games to get it going again...no worries with Johnny Brodz.  He won't kill us defensively either.