• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Recall Johnny Brodzinski and Adam Edstrom From Hartford

RichieNextel305

• RichieNextel305 changed the title to Rangers Recall F Johnny Brodzinski and F Adam Edstrom From Hartford
  • Phil changed the title to Rangers Recall Johnny Brodzinski and Adam Edstrom From Hartford
Just now, Valriera said:

I would love for Johnny Brodz to finally break out here. He's never going to get a better chance either. Lav should fit his style perfectly and he's playing with some good players in our bottom six. 

He's also been playing great down there, so hopefully that carries over. Chances are he'll be up for awhile until Drury makes a trade or something to upgrade. I really doubt Kakko will be back this season, and I can't see Brodz playing out he duration here, but who knows. At the same time, Drury probably doesn't want to give up more assets of Johnny comes in and plays well.

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

He's also been playing great down there, so hopefully that carries over. Chances are he'll be up for awhile until Drury makes a trade or something to upgrade. I really doubt Kakko will be back this season, and I can't see Brodz playing out he duration here, but who knows. At the same time, Drury probably doesn't want to give up more assets of Johnny comes in and plays well.

The fall he took and what his leg did looked pretty bad.

It looked pretty serious and there’s a good chance it’s season ending.

You hope for the best, and obviously we don’t know yet, but I’m not exactly optimistic 

Even if it's not season-ending, you're probably looking at Spring or something when he's able to come back and maybe even be remotely effective. I'm not counting on that. I think he's done. Maybe Chytil comes back soon to alleviate things a bit, but I'm very skeptical about that with the concussions. 

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Even if it's not season-ending, you're probably looking at Spring or something when he's able to come back and maybe even be remotely effective. I'm not counting on that. I think he's done. Maybe Chytil comes back soon to alleviate things a bit, but I'm very skeptical about that with the concussions. 

Yeah

Theres not too much there to be optimistic about with either of them.

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

If it’s an ACL tear, he’s done for the year. It’s December basically, and even if we made a super deep run, 6 months from now he won’t be ready to play. I remember with Blais tearing his super early, there were the rumblings about him being able to come back but it never happened and it was several weeks earlier than this.

But like I said last night, it could be similar to what happened with Zibanejad his first year here, where he sustained a similarly ugly fall and we all thought he tore his knee apart and it wasn’t the case. He missed time but not the whole rest of the year.

But again, we’ll see. We should know soon.

Edited by RichieNextel305

Just now, RangersIn7 said:

Yeah

Theres not too much there to be optimistic about with either of them.

Indeed. Drury is going to have to do something. I don't know if it's bringing Tarasenko back, but you have to give up assets for that, which they already did to get him last season. I'd rather Berard and Othmann stay where they are and get the seasoning they need. If not Tarasenko, then maybe one or two players where they don't have to give up as much. I don't know. He may have to get creative.

Just now, RichieNextel305 said:

If it’s an ACL tear, he’s done for the year. It’s December basically, and even if we made a super deep run, 6 months from now he won’t be ready to play. I remember with Blais tearing his super early, there were the rumblings about him being able to come back but it never happened and it was several weeks earlier than this.

But like I said last night, it could be similar to what happened with Zibanejad his first year here, where he sustained a similarly ugly fall and we all thought he tore his knee apart and it wasn’t the case. He missed time but not the whole rest of the year.

But again, we’ll see. We should know soon, I would imagine.

Fingers crossed, but I was getting Sammy Blais vibes from that injury also. We'll see.

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Indeed. Drury is going to have to do something. I don't know if it's bringing Tarasenko back, but you have to give up assets for that, which they already did to get him last season. I'd rather Berard and Othmann stay where they are and get the seasoning they need. If not Tarasenko, then maybe one or two players where they don't have to give up as much. I don't know. He may have to get creative.

Yeah.

But he can probably sit right for a bit and see how things unfold.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valriera said:

I would love for Johnny Brodz to finally break out here. He's never going to get a better chance either. Lav should fit his style perfectly and he's playing with some good players in our bottom six. 

I mean, sure, he seems like a great dude, but it's kinda hard to "break out" when your NHL-level skill set still leaves you on the fourth line.

31 minutes ago, mbob said:

Wheeler at league min looking better every day, wow we are thin on the right side.  Good news is Vesey is playing fantastically.

Thin is a euphemism. There is no RW depth. Lafreniere wasn't even a RW before this season started and Kakko isn't a needle-mover in any way.

Their depth now goes 37-year-old Blake Wheeler, a vast wasteland, Vesey, and a mystery box of guys in the AHL. Thankfully, Othmann has indicated he is comfortable playing both wings, Berard's analytics are encouraging, and Perreault looks legit. But organizationally, they're lacking, and the earliest I think we can expect to see any of them (Othmann or Berard, really) is next year.

Can never get passed Brodz being 30 years old with only ~100 nhl games played and under 10 goals to date. He stinks, he not an NHL regular especially on a top team. He trys, he can skate, he's got that lil'motor that won't quit, doesn't change the end result. He was on the 3rd line in practice today, no bueno. They will need to make a better move than that and I'm sure Drury lost some sleep over it last night. I'm also sure he wasn't sleeping great with the way KK was playing and knowing Wheeler was plugged into the top line RW.  I'd bet Drury had his eye on the long game and was in no huge rush especially with as many points that they've been stacking , but that long game might have gotten a little shorter in a hurry.