• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Recall Johnny Brodzinski and Adam Edstrom From Hartford

RichieNextel305

He was okay, I guess. I think he had four shots on goal, so that's good. They'll give him some more time. He is what he is at this point. A good AHL player who's just basically a plug at the NHL level. I can't see him being up for the long haul. He's just a warm body for right now unless he can put up some decent numbers.

• Bullseye 1

24 minutes ago, phillyb said:

Where do you see TOI and shifts by period? Is that on the NHL's site somewhere or should I use another site? Did Jonny play the 3rd at all?

Who the fuck is the other guy?

He got five shifts in the 1st, four in the 2nd, and five in the 3rd. No shifts in the final 8 minutes of the game.

Edstrom was a 6th rounder in 2019. 6'7" but actually a pretty good skater with some hands. He's playing top six in Hartford.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

He got five shifts in the 1st, four in the 2nd, and five in the 3rd. No shifts in the final 8 minutes of the game.

Edstrom was a 6th rounder in 2019. 6'7" but actually a pretty good skater with some hands. He's playing top six in Hartford.

Hey Drew, quick question...

I know you see the Hartford guys play a lot, but I was wondering if they run the same type of system(s)/style that Lavvy does up here with the Rangers?  You know, kinda making it more of a seamless transition if and when a guy gets called up?

34 minutes ago, Kick save and a beauty said:

Johnny needs a few games to adjust to the differences in speed and quality at this level.  We don't need him to win games for us.  We just need him to eat his share of minutes and not do anything stupid out there.

Yes.

Hes a stopgap, temporary player. He just needs to find a small way to contribute, not hurt you, and whatever he chips on offensively is gravy. 

7 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Hey Drew, quick question...

I know you see the Hartford guys play a lot, but I was wondering if they run the same type of system(s)/style that Lavvy does up here with the Rangers?  You know, kinda making it more of a seamless transition if and when a guy gets called up?

From about 55 seconds onward Vince asks about Hartford and Laviolette addresses your question exactly. The short answer is yes they do replicate, but it isn't consistent because of personnel and schedule. The 1-3-1 seems more in use than a left-wing lock, but neither are go-tos like in the NHL.

• Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

From about 55 seconds onward Vince asks about Hartford and Laviolette addresses your question exactly. The short answer is yes they do replicate, but it isn't consistent because of personnel and schedule. The 1-3-1 seems more in use than a left-wing lock, but neither are go-tos like in the NHL.

I was curious because even though it makes sense to do it that way, not every team has that kind of continuity.

Thanks man!!

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I was curious because even though it makes sense to do it that way, not every team has that kind of continuity.

Thanks man!!

Yeah, it absolutely makes sense to run the same system. There was certainly a lot more of a throughline when Gernander was supplying Torts with players. Last few years there hasn't been much of a system to replicate or talent to really execute it. There's a really good mix of veterans and prospects in Hartford right now that are really buying into an engaging style of play.

• VINNY! 1

3 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

Yeah, it absolutely makes sense to run the same system. There was certainly a lot more of a throughline when Gernander was supplying Torts with players. Last few years there hasn't been much of a system to replicate or talent to really execute it. There's a really good mix of veterans and prospects in Hartford right now that are really buying into an engaging style of play.

Seems they're doing well with it too!

Here's to continuity!!  LOL

9 minutes ago, Drew a Penalty said:

This has the best shape Hartford has been in awhile I feel. I'm looking forward to Othmann, Berard and Engstrom making their way up.