• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Way Too Early Trade Deadline Targets

Just now, RJWantsTheCup said:

I can't see the Pens trading Guentzel to us unless we severely over pay for him.

I think this gets over blown.  Are they really rivals?  It's a pure rental.  What difference does it make to them?  It's not like they're trading a young guy in their division they'll have to see for a decade. 

2 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

I think this gets over blown.  Are they really rivals?  It's a pure rental.  What difference does it make to them?  It's not like they're trading a young guy in their division they'll have to see for a decade. 

Only time will tell. 

If I'm the Pens I move someone else and try to re-sign Guentzel.

Way too early because as-is, we need a first line RW capable of doing anything, but that's not necessarily true if Kreider and Mika get broken up. We just don't know enough about what happens to the team in that currently likely event.

Outside of that I'd honestly change nothing unless something happens to the roster. I might consider someone a littler faster than Bonino for the fourth line in matchups where it might be necessary (think MTL if that ever happens) who can still win faceoffs and play D. 

The team is deep everywhere on the ice except RW, so I suspect we'll make a deal there but exactly which deal is too early to tell, imo. Kane on wheeler's deal cheap for a year may be what we do.

2 minutes ago, Valriera said:

Way too early because as-is, we need a first line RW capable of doing anything, but that's not necessarily true if Kreider and Mika get broken up. We just don't know enough about what happens to the team in that currently likely event.

Outside of that I'd honestly change nothing unless something happens to the roster. I might consider someone a littler faster than Bonino for the fourth line in matchups where it might be necessary (think MTL if that ever happens) who can still win faceoffs and play D. 

The team is deep everywhere on the ice except RW, so I suspect we'll make a deal there but exactly which deal is too early to tell, imo. Kane on wheeler's deal cheap for a year may be what we do.

Yes.  Way too early.  It's in the title.  Krieder-Zib-Guentzel would be fantastic.  Guentzel in Trocheck's spot on PP1 would also be lethal.

It would be so nice to give the trade deadline a pass this season.  No contortions to manage the cap.  No picks spent to bring in somebody we can't possibly keep past June.

Call up Othmann.  Move Cuylle up the lineup.  The Rangers have to have enough forwards this year even if Wheeler is gone by Spring.

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1

23 minutes ago, Long live the King said:

Yes.  Way too early.  It's in the title.  Krieder-Zib-Guentzel would be fantastic.  Guentzel in Trocheck's spot on PP1 would also be lethal.

The powerplay is already lethal, I don't know that I would make that move. For all we know, Zibanejad goes on one of his heaters and Kakko winds up being a good fit who can feed him the puck. 

I just don't see many gaps in the team atm that would be worth a trade 

I’m curious to see what happens with Chytil. This was/is his 4th concussion. It’s been quiet with him. Hell, it hasn’t even be confirmed that it was a concussion if I’m not mistaken; it’s just the rumored expectation, which would make sense given to quietness.

But if, IF Chytil is super banged up out of all of this, we might be looking for a 2 or 3C.

I hate the fact that Chytil is so fragile, but we need to be prepared incase this is long term.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Guentzel is a LW. 

Would rather just try and get Tarasenko back. 

I wanted him back so bad over the summer, but I knew we had no cap space to make it work.  The rental on him shouldn't be terrible.  Maybe get him for a 4th rounder?

1 hour ago, Br4d said:

It would be so nice to give the trade deadline a pass this season.  No contortions to manage the cap.  No picks spent to bring in somebody we can't possibly keep past June.

Call up Othmann.  Move Cuylle up the lineup.  The Rangers have to have enough forwards this year even if Wheeler is gone by Spring.

It would be nice, but it’s not going to happen. They are going to shove all in again.

1 hour ago, Valriera said:

The powerplay is already lethal, I don't know that I would make that move. For all we know, Zibanejad goes on one of his heaters and Kakko winds up being a good fit who can feed him the puck. 

I just don't see many gaps in the team atm that would be worth a trade 

RW is definitely a gap. I also wouldn’t bank on Chytil remaining healthy anymore. A player with experience on the wing and at C is an ideal pick up. Enter Lindholm.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pete said:

Guentzel is a LW. 

Would rather just try and get Tarasenko back. 

Really thought they had something going with Tarasenko last year and that Kane was almost a distraction. Would love to see Tarasenko back - what would it take to snag him from Ottawa?

• Bullseye 1

Definitely should have interest in some center and RW depth. 

I'm a sucker for Jason Zucker, whom I believe can play RW. As a rental and with retention,  I can't see Arizona getting much for him. 

Guys a banger with a nose for the net. Type of guy you want more of, going into the playoffs. 

I'm hoping Florida stumbles and nose dives. Maybe they break up the band. Sam Bennet is a guy the Rangers could use in many ways all over this lineup. I'd offer Chytil straight up. And I really like Chytil.  But Bennet... Ooph do the Rangers need more players like that.

19 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Definitely should have interest in some center and RW depth. 

I'm a sucker for Jason Zucker, whom I believe can play RW. As a rental and with retention,  I can't see Arizona getting much for him. 

Guys a banger with a nose for the net. Type of guy you want more of, going into the playoffs. 

I'm hoping Florida stumbles and nose dives. Maybe they break up the band. Sam Bennet is a guy the Rangers could use in many ways all over this lineup. I'd offer Chytil straight up. And I really like Chytil.  But Bennet... Ooph do the Rangers need more players like that.

I wanted Bennett here 3+ years ago when Calgary was clearly going to move on from him and Florida got him for pennies on the dollar. 

• Cheers 1