• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Adam Fox Out Likely 2–4 Weeks With Lower-body Injury; Placed on LTIR

Phil

Adam Fox is not the indispensable Ranger.  That's Igor Shesterkin.

The Rangers are definitely better with Fox on the ice but other's can step it up and make his loss, if that's what happens, manageable.

If Igor goes out for an extended period all bets are off.

Just now, Br4d said:

Adam Fox is not the indispensable Ranger.  That's Igor Shesterkin.

The Rangers are definitely better with Fox on the ice but other's can step it up and make his loss, if that's what happens, manageable.

If Igor goes out for an extended period all bets are off.

Cam Talbot and Joraslav Halak would like a word...

1 hour ago, Jdog99 said:

Reminds me of little carmine:

“I am reminded of Louis the Whatever’s Finance Minister, The Something.

He built a Chateau, Nicole and I saw it when we were in Paris, that even outshone Ver-Sales, where the King lived….

In the end… Louis clapped him in irons.”

34 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I don't even think the Rangers are even getting a cap space accrual to use at the deadline from Fox being LTIR'd. Brutal.

I was going to ask, but thought it was greedy to think of any positive to come out of it. Nor did I know how to word it. 

There's gotta be something accruing from this. 

• Phil changed the title to Adam Fox Out Likely 2–4 Weeks With Lower-body Injury; Placed on LTIR
24 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Encouraging! Hopefully he can miss the minimum amount of time being placed on IR. The team hasn't missed a beat which has been amazing. Gus has been tremendous. In some ways, the PP specifically, as looked just as good if not better with him there.

You learn a lot about a team when one of their big guns goes down.  It gives guys the chance to step up and be noticed.  Gus has been such a good story this season, you just feel good for the guy knowing he's going to be a help to us for the short term, and he'll have a great chance to continue his NHL career after this season.

When Fox comes back, knowing how serviceable Gus has been filling in, do you shake up the defensive pairings? Do you keep Fox/Lindgren, but maybe look at Gus on the 2nd pair? Or do you keep him 3rd pair with Schneider & lessen his TOI? I know it's recency bias, but he's looked more than good filling in, almost seems a waste on the 3rd pair.

Just looking for opinions really.