• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Adam Fox Out Likely 2–4 Weeks With Lower-body Injury; Placed on LTIR

Phil

14 hours ago, Phil said:

Chytil's "thing" is a head injury. His fifth. He's 24-years old. Forgive me for not seeing much of a silver lining here.

Agreed.  And considering he was just signed to an extension it’s not looking like a great contract if the guy can’t stay healthy.  So far he’s shown no ability to stay healthy really at any point in his career. 

I’m concerned if Chytil’s injury is serious they may trade Quick for some journeyman center.  While it’s just the start of the season it’s been awesome to have a dual lights out tandem with potential to be like Richter/Beezer or Hank/Talbot. 

1 hour ago, JHS said:

Agreed.  And considering he was just signed to an extension it’s not looking like a great contract if the guy can’t stay healthy.  So far he’s shown no ability to stay healthy really at any point in his career. 

You just never know. 

Crosby had several early on in a short span and didn’t have another for quite some time.

Ah Shit!!  I was hoping for better news on Fox.  I figured Chytil was gonna mis some time.

I didn't see any hit to the head on the collision with Fast, but it may have been one of those "jarring" of the brain type concussions that @Pete mentioned in another thread.  Whatever it is, it's not good for the kid.  His fucking brain may be jelly by the time he's 28 at this rate.

The words "Fox" and "LTIR" should never be seen together.  The only 2 antonyms that will be accepted going forward will be "Jumbo" and "shrimp"!  😃

Needless to say, I'm not exactly thrilled with the news...  Fuck it!  It's Mika time anyway!  Watch him go on a heater over the next 10 games!  Drag the damn team with him too!!!

Ice Hockey Hug GIF by NHL

17 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Zibanejad had the same issues as Chytil when he was younger. A lot of concussions. Hopefully Chytil’s injury frequency clears up like his did.

Hopefully,

I wonder how many of Mika's were ones where he got hit hard or hardly hit?.   It's a bummer that we're in the phase where we are just waiting for Chytil to break down.  This last one was an excuse me collision on both sides and far from a blind side neither saw it coming.

7 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Does Chytil definitely have a concussion?  Was he out during training camp for a concussion?   I hate how players get hurt in the NHL and it’s like they go into the witness protection program.  

Almost certainly… slight possibility it’s not.

But that’s probably what it is.

16 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

I would bet money it is and that the training camp injury was too.  How hard is it for them to confirm it?  NFL tells you if a player is wearing a band aid in a game. 

NFL has to.

Because of the comprehensive injury report… which is 100% connected to gambling 

NHL doesn’t do anywhere in the same galaxy as the NFL in that regard, so they don’t have the same parameters.

They can be more nebulous in that regard.

Plus, and it’s the same as the NFL, you can easily target guys, if the injury is part specific. Not that you can’t in other areas, or that guys would, or guy’s playing against them can’t tell what’s bothering someone.

But it’s a form of protection.

2 hours ago, jsrangers said:

Hopefully,

I wonder how many of Mika's were ones where he got hit hard or hardly hit?.   It's a bummer that we're in the phase where we are just waiting for Chytil to break down.  This last one was an excuse me collision on both sides and far from a blind side neither saw it coming.

This is what scares me. He’s not usually getting laid out and hurt it’s on minor stuff. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, siddious said:

This is what scares me. He’s not usually getting laid out and hurt it’s on minor stuff. 

He takes some of the strangest hits though.  He had the one a couple of games ago where he literally got bent over and had his skates and his hands on the ice at the same time.

3 hours ago, Br4d said:

He takes some of the strangest hits though.  He had the one a couple of games ago where he literally got bent over and had his skates and his hands on the ice at the same time.

He tries to avoid contact at all costs. When someone has the audacity to make contact with him odds are he'll break.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

12 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

The team was lost defensively tonight without Adam Fox.

I think it was more a team speed thing.  However Schneider at 19 minutes played was over-exposed and I think Zac Jones is just over-exposed at the NHL level. 

1 minute ago, Br4d said:

I think it was more a team speed thing.  However Schneider at 19 minutes played was over-exposed and I think Zac Jones is just over-exposed at the NHL level. 

I have a little more time for Jones. He's been in the press box for how many games? I give him a couple of games before it determining anything. 

Just now, Pete said:

I have a little more time for Jones. He's been in the press box for how many games? I give him a couple of games before it determining anything. 

All I know is that almost every time my spidey-sense was tingling about a bad situation around the Ranger net #6 was in the picture somewhere.

Just now, Br4d said:

All I know is that almost every time my spidey-sense was tingling about a bad situation around the Ranger net #6 was in the picture somewhere.

That's fair, I only watch the condensed game from last night. I have it on DVR so I will watch the full thing later.

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

6 minutes ago, Br4d said:

He had a brutal game but yea it’s tough getting thrown in after not playing a while. 

we got a point chaulk it up to being down a few guys and move on

Just now, siddious said:

He had a brutal game but yea it’s tough getting thrown in after not playing a while. 

we got a point chaulk it up to being down a few guys and move on

We can do this for another game or two however the defensive breakdowns are going to damage the team if they continue because this is a defense-focused team.