• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Adam Fox Out Likely 2–4 Weeks With Lower-body Injury; Placed on LTIR

Phil

The Rangers had no updates on either player on Friday but league sources indicated that Fox’s lower-body injury is likely to keep him out in the range of 2-4 weeks. His leg-on-leg collision with the Hurricanes’ Sebastian Aho in the first period on Thursday looked ugly. Fox was on the ice for a few seconds, got up to ask referee TJ Luxmore why Aho wasn’t penalized for making contact well away from the puck and ended up leaving the bench soon after.

Chytil’s upper-body issue is believed to be a head injury and, as is typical for those, there’s no known timetable for his return. Chytil has suffered at least four concussions since he joined the Rangers in 2017, including one last October that kept him out for six games. He took a hard, clean, open-ice hit from Jesper Fast in the first period on Thursday, played a few shifts after but left in the second.

https://theathletic.com/5028994/2023/11/03/rangers-adam-fox-filip-chytil-injuries/

Fox seems like a resilient guy, and he was able to skate it off. Unlike many other times with injuries to other players, I would tend to lean on the lower end of that time table.

Chytil, I mean it sucks. Four concussions already is really not good. He’s still young and those piling up is really not a good sign.

Just now, RichieNextel305 said:

Fox seems like a resilient guy, and he was able to skate it off. Unlike many other times with injuries to other players, I would tend to lean on the lower end of that time table.

Chytil, I mean it sucks. Four concussions already is really not good. He’s still young and those piling up is really not a good sign.

It’s never a good thing and if you have one it’s easier to the next one.

But we have seen guys get a bunch in a short span and not get another for a long while

17 minutes ago, Art20c said:

Oh boy Fox out for 2-4 weeks. Sucks. Chytil we knew was made outta glass but fifth concussion ain’t sound too promising. 

Not if it's two weeks. That's basically four games. They'll weather it just fine. Losing Chytil will probably hurt more.

• Keeps it 100 1

36 minutes ago, Phil said:

Not if it's two weeks. That's basically four games. They'll weather it just fine. Losing Chytil will probably hurt more.

Chytil’s thing may not be that bad.

Obviously they don’t place a time table on that, but it didn’t seem that bad and it was not a blow to the head.

May only be a couple of games.

We will see. 

1 minute ago, RangersIn7 said:

Chytil’s thing may not be that bad.

Obviously they don’t place a time table on that, but it didn’t seem that bad and it was not a blow to the head.

May only be a couple of games.

We will see. 

Chytil's "thing" is a head injury. His fifth. He's 24-years old. Forgive me for not seeing much of a silver lining here.

• Phil changed the title to Adam Fox Out Likely 2–4 Weeks With Lower-body Injury, Placed on LTIR; Filip Chytil Out Indefinitely With Head Injury, Placed on IR

Edit: Crossed while Phil posted:

LeGreca just said on YES Fox has been placed on Long Term IR with a signficant injury and will miss a significant period of time. Backing up what Phil posted.

Chytil 7-10 days to start.

They also brought a goalie up because Shesty maybe banged up some too. 

He sounds more than a little concerned all around.

Edited by jsrangers

24 minutes ago, Phil said:

Chytil's "thing" is a head injury. His fifth. He's 24-years old. Forgive me for not seeing much of a silver lining here.

I’m not looking for a silver lining. Just hoping it’s not too serious.

There are degrees of them you know.