• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Adam Fox Out Likely 2–4 Weeks With Lower-body Injury; Placed on LTIR

Phil

2 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

I’m not looking for a silver lining. Just hoping it’s not too serious.

There are degrees of them you know. 

Yes, and having five of them by the age of 24 already isn't exactly hope-inducing.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Chytil's "thing" is a head injury. His fifth. He's 24-years old. Forgive me for not seeing much of a silver lining here.

"Believed to be a head injury. "

I'd err on the side of speculation  as it's reported. Wishful thinking I know. But it hasn't been confirmed as far as I know. 

7 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

No 

It isn’t.

But if THIS one is less severe, than it’s less severe.

But yes… it’s not a good situation. No argument there. 

I'd say that each and every one after the 2nd or 3rd one is concerning.  Especially if any of the other ones were bad. 

You get a bad one and you are very susceptible to get others. Meaning he will miss lots of time due to getting concussions all the time, which at some point the player or a Dr will determine that it's not worth the dangers. 

This is potentially really bad news if it is indeed a concussion. If this is him (concussions every year), the Rangers need to move quickly to bolster their depth at center.

Trocheck with Panarin is going to screw up Panarins hot start. Shit!

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'd say that each and every one after the 2nd or 3rd one is concerning.  Especially if any of the other ones were bad. 

You get a bad one and you are very susceptible to get others. Meaning he will miss lots of time due to getting concussions all the time, which at some point the player or a Dr will determine that it's not worth the dangers. 

This is potentially really bad news if it is indeed a concussion. If this is him (concussions every year), the Rangers need to move quickly to bolster their depth at center.

Trocheck with Panarin is going to screw up Panarins hot start. Shit!

Every head injury is concerning.

And not to be taken lightly.

But at the same time, every instance is different, so you hope he’s ok and it’s not too bad and he’s not dealing with horrible symptoms. 
That’s the key.

If his symptoms aren’t too bad, it bodes better.

Fox missing 10 or so games in November isn’t life ending. 
It sucks.

But it doesn’t kill you. 

1 hour ago, RangersIn7 said:

Every head injury is concerning.

And not to be taken lightly.

But at the same time, every instance is different, so you hope he’s ok and it’s not too bad and he’s not dealing with horrible symptoms. 
That’s the key.

If his symptoms aren’t too bad, it bodes better.

Fox missing 10 or so games in November isn’t life ending. 
It sucks.

But it doesn’t kill you. 

I don't think you're accurate in your stance on concussions.

The fact that he MAY be susceptible (we don't know exactly how many he's actually had, as such information isn't shared) is not something to shrug off. Pretty soon the "not horrible symptoms "  become constant symptoms that occur more and more easily. 

I'm not sure Chytil has had as many concussions as people think. I don't know if this injury is even a concussion. If it is and other past assumptions were, this is something to be worried about. 

I agree about Fox. I'd be fine with all the D men getting rested for 5-10 games a season anyway. Keeps everyone fresh. 

Ironman achievements are pretty hollow when coaches continue such streaks as favors later in players careers. Nobody needs to play every game.  

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I don't think you're accurate in your stance on concussions.

The fact that he MAY be susceptible (we don't know exactly how many he's actually had, as such information isn't shared) is not something to shrug off. Pretty soon the "not horrible symptoms "  become constant symptoms that occur more and more easily. 

I'm not sure Chytil has had as many concussions as people think. I don't know if this injury is even a concussion. If it is and other past assumptions were, this is something to be worried about. 

I agree about Fox. I'd be fine with all the D men getting rested for 5-10 games a season anyway. Keeps everyone fresh. 

Ironman achievements are pretty hollow when coaches continue such streaks as favors later in players careers. Nobody needs to play every game.  

Dude… I may not be. I only know what I know from personal experiences and a relatively shorter period where I worked in the medical field to counsel people who had them… I counseled people with different types of trauma and problems. Head trauma and multiple concussions included.

Its bad. 

And they are hard to diagnose and are often misdiagnosed.

And with that experience, I’m still ignorant.

I’ll admit that.

But here’s the thing… so are doctors, and teams, and the league. 

Thats the problem.

No league where they are prevalent actually puts the time and money into actually studying them to the degree that they should. 
Nor do they treat them as well as they could. 

Because that would make them liable and culpable and cost them money and open them up to lawsuits.

And they know it.

They do their dance and say the right things and concussions and head injury care has improved…

But ultimately, they don’t care.

Cause of money.

But everyone is different and each incident is different.

Regarding Chytil I’ll say this…

Im not hopeful that it isn’t serious because I want him in the lineup… I’m hopeful for that so that he can live a life that’s normal till a reasonable age. Obviously I want him

to play because it helps the team and I like him as a player and I want him to be healthy and able to do what he loves.

But my first thought is always about what he suffers through and the long-term effects. 

It just sucks 

The NHL and NFL, where they are most prevalent does a fraction of what they could in that regard. 

Edited by RangersIn7
  • VINNY! 1

5 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

Dude… I may not be. I only know what I know from personal experiences and a relatively shorter period where I worked in the medical field to counsel people who had them… I counseled people with different types of trauma and problems. Head trauma and multiple concussions included.

Its bad. 

And they are hard to diagnose and are often misdiagnosed.

And with that experience, I’m still ignorant.

I’ll admit that.

But here’s the thing… so are doctors, and teams, and the league. 

Thats the problem.

No league where they are prevalent actually puts the time and money into actually studying them to the degree that they should. 
Nor do they treat them as well as they could. 

Because that would make them liable and culpable and cost them money and open them up to lawsuits.

And they know it.

They do their dance and say the right things and concussions and head injury care has improved…

But ultimately, they don’t care.

Cause of money.

But everyone is different and each incident is different.

Regarding Chytil I’ll say this…

Im not hopeful that it isn’t serious because I want him in the lineup… I’m hopeful for that so that he can live a life that’s normal till a reasonable age. Obviously I want him

to play because it helps the team and I like him as a player and I want him to be healthy and able to do what he loves.

But my first thought is always about what he suffers through and the long-term effects. 

It just sucks 

The NHL and NFL, where they are most prevalent does a fraction of what they could in that regard. 

OK, so I'm not sure how you concluded that his possible 5th concussion may not be a bad one or not serious. 

I've had 2-3 concussions. Each one gradually worse than the previous.

1 from getting jumped as a teen,  1 from sports,  another from a car accident. I occasionally have issues with brain fog, dizziness and motion sickness from the most simple motions like standing up too fast, or spinning in a circle slowly. Or even hitting my head on things at work with a hard hat on.

I feel like I know and understand the effects and how any "next one" can affect someone.  

Anyway , I don't think the league or Dr's are as careless as you say here. They have concussion protocol and have improved their ways. It's come a very long way in most sports. There's more precautions taken than ever before. The technology in helmets in all sports is constantly changing. There's totally a better effort now days and I don't necessarily think it's always fir show. 

As for Chytil. Yeah sure I care about his well being. But I'm more concerned about his future in the game and this teams growth with him as an integral part of it. If he retires tomorrow,  I'll be more annoyed about where that leaves the Rangers than I will be happy that he is moving on to ensure his health.

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

OK, so I'm not sure how you concluded that his possible 5th concussion may not be a bad one or not serious. 

I've had 2-3 concussions. Each one gradually worse than the previous.

1 from getting jumped as a teen,  1 from sports,  another from a car accident. I occasionally have issues with brain fog, dizziness and motion sickness from the most simple motions like standing up too fast, or spinning in a circle slowly. Or even hitting my head on things at work with a hard hat on.

I feel like I know and understand the effects and how any "next one" can affect someone.  

Anyway , I don't think the league or Dr's are as careless as you say here. They have concussion protocol and have improved their ways. It's come a very long way in most sports. There's more precautions taken than ever before. The technology in helmets in all sports is constantly changing. There's totally a better effort now days and I don't necessarily think it's always fir show. 

As for Chytil. Yeah sure I care about his well being. But I'm more concerned about his future in the game and this teams growth with him as an integral part of it. If he retires tomorrow,  I'll be more annoyed about where that leaves the Rangers than I will be happy that he is moving on to ensure his health.

And there are people who have a different story.

It’s all relative and specific to the individual.

Im not whistling past the graveyard here.

We just don’t know.

It’s absolutely better. And improving still.

But its a fraction of what they could do and should.

I’ve had 3-4 myself and each one was different.

Edited by RangersIn7
  • Cheers 1