• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

But Seriously, How Good Is Panarin?

Valriera

6 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

We need a gaslighting emoji named Pete.

Cool it'll match the troll emoji named Larry. 

We use it in honor of Brooks people who have terrible takes and won't just admit it. 

Edited by Pete
  • JIMMY! 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

This is where we have to cut this debate off, because that's absolutely ridiculous statement. You are literally giving credit for the change to a shaved head.

The fact that you guys just can't say you had it wrong about the coach is just sad. 

We're not saying anything about the coach.

We're just saying that when you cut off your long golden locks after a decade with the general comment that you're looking to make a change that should probably be the first thing that gets looked at when there's a change.

54 minutes ago, Br4d said:

We're not saying anything about the coach.

We're just saying that when you cut off your long golden locks after a decade with the general comment that you're looking to make a change that should probably be the first thing that gets looked at when there's a change.

Now that you've given me a different way to look at it, I can see what you're saying. 

I think both things are true:

- Panarin is determined to be the best player he can be this season, and

- Laviolette is good at getting the best out of Panarin. 

The fans are just reaping the benefits right now splitting figurative hairs about how bald this man really is and if all of his mojo is steaming off his smooth shimmering crown. 

If we get this Panarin in the playoffs, watch the fuck out. 

• Believe 1

Just now, phillyb said:

The fans are just reaping the benefits right now splitting figurative hairs about how bald this man really is and if all of his mojo is steaming off his smooth shimmering crown. 

If we get half of this in the playoffs, it'll be twice as much as we've gotten before. 

2 hours ago, phillyb said:

If they got this Panarin two years ago they win the Cup. If they got this Panarin last year they sweep NJ and who knows from

there.

I have no clue what to expect from him in the playoffs this year, but I can say with relative certainty that it won’t be what we see now.

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

If they got this Panarin two years ago they win the Cup. If they got this Panarin last year they sweep NJ and who knows from

there.

I have no clue what to expect from him in the playoffs this year, but I can say with relative certainty that it won’t be what we see now.

You can't say it with certainty, it's just what you want to believe. Maybe you should just enjoy the season by believing something different is possible. Because it is.

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

there.

With Panarin it's all based on his mental approach to the game.  The skills are there.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him go on a tear in the playoffs if he's still running the 'tude he's running now.

I'm all for testing Larry's theory because we have nothing to lose, we now have the system  in place so somebody shave the women's hair off Zib just to see if it has any positive impact whatsoever. 

Edited by jsrangers
  • LMFAO 2

14 minutes ago, jsrangers said:

I'm all for testing Larry's theory because we have nothing to lose, we now have the system  in place so somebody shave the women's hair off Zib just to see if it has any positive impact whatsoever. 

Surely he could spare like six inches no?

5 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

there.

The opposition will be much more tight and physical with him. But the playoffs are long time away. We’ll see what happens. 

18 hours ago, phillyb said:

I hate laughing at something so true. I hate that something so true is laughable. 

13 hours ago, jsrangers said:

I think you're all missing the REAL reason:  The reason Panarin is playing as well as he is, is because @phillyb has returned to the site this year with a vengeance!

...and don't worry about "M.C. Glass-Breaker"!  He'll be fine.  Once Zibby gets started, this team will go on a big winning streak.....oh, wait....we're already doing that without him!!

Ok, never mind!  😉

• LOL 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

It was, but the trade talk went on for like two years, I think. lol I don't think that thread should have eclipsed the length of the Rick Nash thread, if it actually did.

I wasn't here for the Nash thread, although @Keirik told me about it a while ago.   The guy has sick talent, and it's just awesome to watch him every game.  In all the 52 years I've watched this team, it' hasn't been very often that I got to see a player like him.  Even Gilbert in his prime...well, maybe he was the closest. 

I could maybe throw Leetch in there, but he was a defenseman, and it's kinda not the same.  But just getting to watch him every game has been a real treat this season.

• BREAD! 1

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

I wasn't here for the Nash thread, although @Keirik told me about it a while ago.   The guy has sick talent, and it's just awesome to watch him every game.  In all the 52 years I've watched this team, it' hasn't been very often that I got to see a player like him.  Even Gilbert in his prime...well, maybe he was the closest. 

I could maybe throw Leetch in there, but he was a defenseman, and it's kinda not the same.  But just getting to watch him every game has been a real treat this season.

Yeah, it's not too often you see a Rangers forward be this dominant, unfortunately. lol You can also add Jagr from 2005 to that list as well. Those are the vibes I'm getting from Panarin this year. He's completely locked in and will not be denied.

• Like 1